The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Hope it all goes well hygeia.

Little miss was one yesterday, feels like only yesterday she was my little 6lb5oz dot.

Also following on from the previous conversation, im a young mum (22) in education and no one cares. In fact i find people see it sp much more positively that im half way through my degree than sat in the pub getting drunk with a babe in arms which we witnessed yeaterday.

If you need any support we are here for you and im sure your family and friends will surprise you when you are brave enough to tell them
Original post by Anonymous
By "nobody" i meant friends and family, i have been to my GP and gone to all antenatal appointments and scans. I'm 23 weeks and so far not showing at all.

I spoke to the health and safety guy at uni, didn't say i was pregnant but i think he guessed since its the only reason you have to stay away from ionising radiation. I think he was a bit confused since I said I only need to stay away up until after Christmas ( have been told that they are 90% sure i will have baby at least 2 months early- due march 8) and i dont look pregnant.

Was told the radiation wont affect the baby even if i'm in the same room but can do the actual lab.

Not really told anyone but i think the guy incharge of health and safety has guessed since he mentioned pregnancy as his suspicion when the module leader emailed him. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and don't even have a small bump!

Hello you! I wasn't trying to be agressif or something, I have a particular parcours so I was not just talking about the radiation but about everything around the baby. I'm sure you will find the right way to do things...
Original post by Sarky
We had our minimoon there! We were in Strausbourg, Colmar and a few other places nearby.

*Goes back to lurking*

Did you like it?!
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Hope it all goes well hygeia.

Little miss was one yesterday, feels like only yesterday she was my little 6lb5oz dot.

Also following on from the previous conversation, im a young mum (22) in education and no one cares. In fact i find people see it sp much more positively that im half way through my degree than sat in the pub getting drunk with a babe in arms which we witnessed yeaterday.

If you need any support we are here for you and im sure your family and friends will surprise you when you are brave enough to tell them

I'm so happy to see women in education is not such a problem there than it is here!!

Happy for u :smile:
They're letting me go home today. Will be coming in for daily monitoring though and next scan and consultant review on Thursday when he'll come up with the plan for the following week. My consultant wasn't overly concerned about the poor growth yet but will keep an eye on it (not enough measurements to be completely convinced that growth is restricted at present). Will be nice to get home to a nice quiet bed (and a cuddly dog).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hygeia
They're letting me go home today. Will be coming in for daily monitoring though and next scan and consultant review on Thursday when he'll come up with the plan for the following week. My consultant wasn't overly concerned about the poor growth yet but will keep an eye on it (not enough measurements to be completely convinced that growth is restricted at present). Will be nice to get home to a nice quiet bed (and a cuddly dog).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like you're having a bit of a time of it, but I'm pleased all is well and that they are monitoring you closely. :smile: Enjoy your rest at home and your home comforts! :smile:
Managed to stay out of hospital for 48hrs... This little one is determined to cause problems! They weren't happy with the scan today so readmitted for increased intensity of monitoring...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hygeia
Managed to stay out of hospital for 48hrs... This little one is determined to cause problems! They weren't happy with the scan today so readmitted for increased intensity of monitoring...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:
Original post by Hygeia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear... hope all is OK. Will be thinking of you. Glad they are monitoring you closely though
Original post by Hygeia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rubbish. Do they have a plan going into the weekend?
Hi all, sorry I'm not on much these days. Hope you all, and children, are all well x
Original post by randdom
Rubbish. Do they have a plan going into the weekend?

3x daily CTGs... if CTGs go nasty over the weekend--> section, otherwise for rescan on Monday (reduced amniotic fluid and reduced end diastolic flow through cord on yesterdays scan + recheck growth as was static last week) and plan from there... 35 weeks tomorrow so kind of hoping they'll decide to get him out next week rather than waiting for everything to deteriorate further!!

Looking like this may end up being a late November/early December baby at the latest rather than a Christmas baby!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hygeia
3x daily CTGs... if CTGs go nasty over the weekend--> section, otherwise for rescan on Monday (reduced amniotic fluid and reduced end diastolic flow through cord on yesterdays scan + recheck growth as was static last week) and plan from there... 35 weeks tomorrow so kind of hoping they'll decide to get him out next week rather than waiting for everything to deteriorate further!!

Looking like this may end up being a late November/early December baby at the latest rather than a Christmas baby!

I think mother's instinct is so important, if you're seriously worried things are deteriorating and they do keep holding back, I'd tell them you would prefer it to be sooner if you think the benefits outweigh the cons. Yes, baby would be prem so will likely need more care after birth but better that than you worrying yourself silly and the potential risks of holding on until 37 weeks. 35 weeks isn't too premature either.
Original post by Hygeia

At least this way he won't always have his birthday in school holidays! It must be so tedious and stressful for you at the moment, I hope things stay steady until everyone's ready for him to make an appearance.
Original post by Hygeia

On the upside if your trust start you on mat leave at 36/40 then more time with baby at the other end? :smile: Hope you're not too stressed out by it all...

So we had our can't-wait-between-12-and-20-weeks scan today & things still look to be going well at 15/40. Both kicking away in there although my placenta is massive fused together and anterior which is probably cushioning things to some extent. My bump is almost bellybutton/24 weeks size. I made the mistake of googling twin bumps 3rd trimester the other day... :eek:

The toddler came along to the scan - didn't think she'd be too interested but massive TV style viewing screen so she was "There's two babies?!" so she knows now but seems quite interested in the idea of having a baby and whether she can hold their hand and share her toys :love: - but hopefully the multiple thing will be forgotten or passed off as wishful thinking if she tells people as we're still keeping that quiet...
Update after today's scan... scan showed deterioration in both fluid level (significantly low) and flow through the cord (intermittent absent end diastolic flow officially). Consultant says at the moment we're right on the edge of getting him out and it wouldn't take much to tip the balance... They're trying to get him to 36 weeks in the hope of avoiding a SCBU admission but she doesn't reckon we'll be able to push him another week based on the scan. Repeat scan on Wednesday and see what it shows...

Original post by Sazzy890
I think mother's instinct is so important, if you're seriously worried things are deteriorating and they do keep holding back, I'd tell them you would prefer it to be sooner if you think the benefits outweigh the cons. Yes, baby would be prem so will likely need more care after birth but better that than you worrying yourself silly and the potential risks of holding on until 37 weeks. 35 weeks isn't too premature either.

I tried to push this point a bit and to be fair the consultant did say that the mother knows her baby best but at the moment they still feel the balance is just tipped in favour of keeping him in - as she said, it's only a 20 minute procedure for her so it's not as if she's trying to avoid the work, she just genuinely thinks he's better off in for now, with close monitoring - can't really argue with that however much I'd be happier if he was out now!

Original post by Helenia
At least this way he won't always have his birthday in school holidays! It must be so tedious and stressful for you at the moment, I hope things stay steady until everyone's ready for him to make an appearance.

Yeah, hubby's delighted that he won't be a Christmas baby now (though obviously would prefer not to have the stresses at the moment!) My mum's currently rushing to try and get his crib finished that she's been making, we have nothing ready at home (new house won't be ready on time) and I've had no opportunity to nest! We had at least bought most of what he'll need before I ended up in hospital though and will just have to try and find space for him in the house when he arrives! (and buy some smaller baby clothes as he's only about 4.5lb at the moment so likely to be swamped by all the newborn clothes we'd bought him!)

On the upside if your trust start you on mat leave at 36/40 then more time with baby at the other end? :smile: Hope you're not too stressed out by it all...

Very true, it does look like mat leave will start at the time he arrives now seeing how things have been going so will give me the full 6 months with him. More than a little stressed, not least by scary CTGs with heart rate dropping to 60... which has unfortunately happened more than once but because the majority of the rest of the trace is fine, it's not prompted any action yet! Having a little knowledge is definitely making things worse at the moment, I remember just enough of CTG interpretation to overinterpretate it all the time!

So we had our can't-wait-between-12-and-20-weeks scan today & things still look to be going well at 15/40. Both kicking away in there although my placenta is massive fused together and anterior which is probably cushioning things to some extent. My bump is almost bellybutton/24 weeks size. I made the mistake of googling twin bumps 3rd trimester the other day... :eek:

The toddler came along to the scan - didn't think she'd be too interested but massive TV style viewing screen so she was "There's two babies?!" so she knows now but seems quite interested in the idea of having a baby and whether she can hold their hand and share her toys :love: - but hopefully the multiple thing will be forgotten or passed off as wishful thinking if she tells people as we're still keeping that quiet...

Yay, good news! Fingers crossed things continue similarly well!
Ladies I need opinions. I've taken a pregnancy test today and a line appeared within 5 mins. It disappeared after 15 mins when I picked it up and dye run on the whole test. I would take another test on pay day but I'm not sure whether to take it as positive or not.
Ladies I need opinions. I've taken a pregnancy test today and a line appeared within 5 mins. It disappeared after 15 mins when I picked it up and dye run on the whole test. I would take another test on pay day but I'm not sure whether to take it as positive or not.

Tests can change if you leave it too long after the result but it doesn't mean the result at the test time is wrong.

You can get tests for £2 in boots if you did want to double check :smile: But in honesty if the dummy box (whatever it's called) came up with a line, that mreans the test isn't broken. And if the test box showed a positive result after the prescribed period to wait on the instructions then chances are you are pregnant. It's far more common to get false negatives than positives. The reason they say to chuck tests after a certain period is that they can start to change, but doesn't mean the result is wrong,
Original post by Hygeia
x

How are you getting on?
Original post by Sazzy890
Tests can change if you leave it too long after the result but it doesn't mean the result at the test time is wrong.

You can get tests for £2 in boots if you did want to double check :smile: But in honesty if the dummy box (whatever it's called) came up with a line, that mreans the test isn't broken. And if the test box showed a positive result after the prescribed period to wait on the instructions then chances are you are pregnant. It's far more common to get false negatives than positives. The reason they say to chuck tests after a certain period is that they can start to change, but doesn't mean the result is wrong,

I took the boots test and it's negative. I don't really know what to think anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest