The Student Room Group

TSR Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) Super Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james355
Has anyone been to Nottingham or Sheffield? How do they compare to Cardiff?
Thanks

I went to Nottingham back when I applied, not a bad uni but not much of an atmosphere there in my opinion, the EEE department is good though.

Never been interested in Cardiff so never looked, don't like Wales :wink: have a few mates that go though and they seem content with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Hey guys, I'm in first year at uob and I'm really struggling with flip flops in the digital logic and microprocessor module. If anyone could suggest any good websites or books that would be great :smile:
Reply 202
If I have A*AA offers from Southampton and Bristol, which should I firm? Bristol seems more reputable (particularly internationally) however Soton is higher on league tables??
Original post by aalipie
If I have A*AA offers from Southampton and Bristol, which should I firm? Bristol seems more reputable (particularly internationally) however Soton is higher on league tables??

Do you already have Southampton EEE offer?

If you don't mind me asking -Are you an international applicant?When did you apply and when did you get offer? Did you go thru informal interview as well?

Thanks for responding.
Reply 204
Original post by kind3110
Do you already have Southampton EEE offer?

If you don't mind me asking -Are you an international applicant?When did you apply and when did you get offer? Did you go thru informal interview as well?

Thanks for responding.

I'm not international and they gave me an offer pretty much straight after my "informal interview" at the visit day yesterday :smile:
Original post by Formless
Anybody applied yet, PM me if you want help with statements/willing to give feedback. Im applying very soon to UCL Imperial Surrey Exeter and Southampton

All for EEE however for Exeter its a combined course EEE and Comp Sci.

So have you applied ?

Are you an international applicant?

Got your interview for Imperial ?
Original post by Lydianne
Anyone heard anything from Queens' University, Belfast, Southampton or Heriott-Watt? I've been invited to an Applicant Day at Surrey and an interview at Cambridge.

Got offer from Surrey yesterday for EEE.
Had informal interview with Southampton on 23rd Nov. I heard informal interview=offer in case of Southampton.......hope so.
So have you applied ?

Are you an international applicant?

Got your interview for Imperial ?

Got offer from Surrey yesterday for EEE.
Had informal interview with Southampton on 23rd Nov. I heard informal interview=offer in case of Southampton.......hope so.

I'm not an international student, applying from London :biggrin:
My application bounced back so i had to resend, Im currently waiting for my school so shouldnt be longer than 3-4 days i hope.

Congrats on your Surrey Offer, and good luck for your other offers

Where else did you apply and what where your subjects/predicted grades if you dont mind me asking. Also are you International?
:smile: Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not an international student, applying from London :biggrin:
My application bounced back so i had to resend, Im currently waiting for my school so shouldnt be longer than 3-4 days i hope.

Congrats on your Surrey Offer, and good luck for your other offers

Where else did you apply and what where your subjects/predicted grades if you dont mind me asking. Also are you International?
:smile: Cheers

I applied to the following:
Oxford-gave PAT , not much hopeful of interview invitation
Imperial : interview was on 11th Nov , just awaiting good news
Surrey & Manchester(offers recd)
Southampton(Informal interview was on 23rd Nov , expecting offer any time these days)

Yes I am an international applicant , Indian CBSE Curriculum so not like your A* A etc. Ours is % system , my predicted are
Physics , Maths : 95%
Chem , Biology:90%
English 95%
Has anyone else (especially those who got interviewed on 11th Nov) got mail like the below . I got one just now , don't know if it is 100% sure that I would get offer or still I should wait for offiicial thru UCAS before jumping.

I hope you enjoyed your recent interview with Dr....., I am delighted to let you know that we will be making you an offer for H604 MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering.The offer will be sent to UCAS within the next few days, and full details including the offer conditions will appear on UCAS Track within a week.Imperial College London is a highly competitive institution. Offers are made exclusively to outstanding applicants who are well placed to take advantage of the exceptional learning experience on offer here at Imperial and we sincerely hope that you will be keen to join us for your studies.This is not an official offer; it is for information only. The official offer will appear on UCAS Track.
Reply 210
Oh dear, seems like I posted on the wrong thread! I'm first year doing EEE at UoB so if you have any questions or need any help with your personal statement, feel free to ask!
Does anyone know about PAT cut off this year? Has anyone got interview call from Oxford for Electrical Engg.?
Reply 212
applied for eee 15th october, got offers from bath and ucl, interviews at cambridge and imperial.
Hi Guys, Just received an interview from Imperial for EEE, Pleasantly surprised but i was wondering whats the percentage of people who apply and get offers, likewise does getting an interview suggest that Imperial is likely to give me an offer.

Also, In terms of the interview, how hard was it? Any questions i can expect to come up?

Cheers! :biggrin:
Hi Guys, Just received an interview from Imperial for EEE, Pleasantly surprised but i was wondering whats the percentage of people who apply and get offers, likewise does getting an interview suggest that Imperial is likely to give me an offer.

Also, In terms of the interview, how hard was it? Any questions i can expect to come up?

I've got an interview at Imperial for EEE as well! It's on the 16th of this month.

I'm not entirely sure, but i remember reading it was around 80% chance to get an offer after interview for eee, in either 2013 or 2014. So it seems we have good chances!

Good luck, and when's your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

about 70% of people get an interview and 70% of the interviewed get an offer! what hard about imperial is actually achieving that offer. Good luck!
Original post by MahuduElec
I've got an interview at Imperial for EEE as well! It's on the 16th of this month.

I'm not entirely sure, but i remember reading it was around 80% chance to get an offer after interview for eee, in either 2013 or 2014. So it seems we have good chances!

Good luck, and when's your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
Mine is on 3rd of February, so got some time to prepare.
And you are right, just saw know that 2013 was 81%
2014 was 76%, so probably expect a 70% success rate which is promising.
(Source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/electrical_engineering_offers_af#incoming-586779)

Anyways, Congrats on the interview, Best of luck! Please do let me know how it goes, im sure you will smash it :biggrin:
Original post by samiesto
about 70% of people get an interview and 70% of the interviewed get an offer! what hard about imperial is actually achieving that offer. Good luck!

Cheers, your definitely correct, was just curious weather getting an interview is anything to be happy about aha :biggrin:

Lets hope it goes well
Will do! Hopefully it won't be snowing on the day :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My brother was aware that Bristol and Manchester conduct interviews before offers.

But was not aware that even Southampton and Surrey do interviews. Found out only through the student room. Is this right?

Applied last week to Bristol, Manchester, Soythampton, Surrey and Cardiff.

Quick Reply

Latest