The Student Room Group

Putin responded : turkish truck bombed

Russian warplanes bombed a Turkish truck convoy at the Syrian border on Wednesday amid increasing tensions between the two countries over Turkey's downing of a Russian jet.

Video from Doğan News Agency showed the aftermath of the strikes near Azaz, a Syrian border town.

Turkish media said the trucks belonged to IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation, an Istanbul-based humanitarian organization with connections to President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. IHH said it has teams in the area but did not own the trucks.

The state-run Anadolu News Agency blamed Russia for the attack and said the trucks were taking supplies to refugees.

Seven people were killed and ten others injured in the air strike, Daily Sabah reported.

Russian media said Wednesday the air force had doubled its air strikes in the area, targeting Syria opposition groups al-Nusra and the Free Syrian Army, which both have a presence in Azaz. Earlier, the activist monitoring group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported Russian airstrikes in Azaz.

https://grasswire.com/story/822/Turkish-Trucks

I have not seen this news on other media so cant confirm its credibility yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Don't poke the Bear.:frown:
Well I'm sure Turkey will soon be regretting their previous actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caravaggio2
Don't poke the Bear.:frown:

:hmmmm2:
Being known as "accomplices of Butcher Assad" will perhaps be a fitting label for us...
Clearly not true.
Russia claims that the trucks were warned 10 times in 5 minutes.
Russia should arm the Kurdish Worker's Party party to the teeth and let them take over Turkey completely
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Russia should arm the Kurdish Worker's Party party to the teeth and let them take over Turkey completely

Ditto!
I don't like Russia and its dictatorship and how it supports other dictatorships in Iran and Syria. Turkey too has a borderline dictatorship, but atleast it doesn't directly support other dictatorships that are as bad as Syrian and Iranian.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Ditto!

That would just escalate the situation.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Being known as "accomplices of Butcher Assad" will perhaps be a fitting label for us...

Really?
Being friends with the perpetrators of the Armenian genocide seems to have done us no harm.
Really?
Being friends with the perpetrators of the Armenian genocide seems to have done us no harm.

One's dead and buried and the other is alive and kicking.

Leaving it up to you to decide which is which.
Really?

touché
Original post by DiddyDec
Well I'm sure Turkey will soon be regretting their previous actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean like, legitimately defending its airspace?

Oh thats right, Russia thinks it can fly where it wants, because Russia.
Reply 15
Original post by the bear
:hmmmm2:

:poke:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
That would just escalate the situation.

ermm Yeah Turkey should of thought of that first.
Original post by kka25
:poke:

:naughty:

:spank:
I get why Putin would want revenge but if the story's true and the trucks were charity, not military, then it's disgusting he targeted them.
Original post by Bill_Gates
ermm Yeah Turkey should of thought of that first.

I can't confirm or deny if the Russian plane was in Turkish airspace , but if it was they had no other choice but to shoot it down. The same would go for another country in Europe. By arming the Kurds , it would start a massive internal conflict and probably start a war.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending