The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jolleigh
Posted from TSR Mobile

Shouldn't have hit send then!

They've offered me an interview just 2 days after receiving my application!

WOW. Thats great. Goodluck. When is it x
I've just received an email from Bournemouth saying I have to provide a second reference and fill out a supplementary info form, at least hopefully this is a step forward!
8th of January, so plenty of prep time thank God! I expected to have to wait at least a few weeks before knowing if I had any interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ameychildnurse
I've just received an email from Bournemouth saying I have to provide a second reference and fill out a supplementary info form, at least hopefully this is a step forward!

That was me on Saturday wirh Chester. My lecturer emailed them a secons reference on Monday and i atill haven't heard back. The wait is horrible x
Original post by emmawebb
That was me on Saturday wirh Chester. My lecturer emailed them a secons reference on Monday and i atill haven't heard back. The wait is horrible x

My second reference has got to be from my current employer or the place of my previous work experience.

On another note I have now received an invitation for an interview at New Bucks on 13th January! Anyone else heard anything from Bucks?
My second reference has got to be from my current employer or the place of my previous work experience.

On another note I have now received an invitation for an interview at New Bucks on 13th January! Anyone else heard anything from Bucks?

Hiya,I am attending that interview too and I am waiting on Bournemouth to get back in touch with me! Such a long waiting process. It is driving me crazy,just hope I get a place this year.
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hiya,I am attending that interview too and I am waiting on Bournemouth to get back in touch with me! Such a long waiting process. It is driving me crazy,just hope I get a place this year.

Oh awesome! Mines at 8:15, so early! So I'm gonna have to book somewhere to stay the night before. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Haleema832
Good luck:wink:

Manged to get my feedback off Huddersfield, they've said that it was due to weak personal statement:/
Oh awesome! Mines at 8:15, so early! So I'm gonna have to book somewhere to stay the night before. Where else have you applied?

I am in the exact same position in regards to having to book somewhere! :/ I have applied for Coventry (interview in the new year),Wolverhampton (interview but I declined it) and Hertfordshire (unsuccessful). How about you?

Also I have just heard back from Bournemouth and they want to see me for an interview!! Honestly over the moon (I nearly cried! :colondollar:)
Original post by kjade95
Manged to get my feedback off Huddersfield, they've said that it was due to weak personal statement:/

Sorry to her that,I had the exact same happen to me with Hertfordshire! It really is annoying.I don't get how my personal statement was weak when all other unis want to see me for interviews!

Good luck with the rest of your application! :smile: x
Original post by kjade95

Oh no. That's horrible. Sorry ro hear that. Have you received any interviews for other universities? Do you think you know why the personal statement went wrong?
Original post by Jolleigh
8th of January, so plenty of prep time thank God! I expected to have to wait at least a few weeks before knowing if I had any interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview for Salford on the 14th Dec! It's my first choice
Had my first interview today for edge hill :smile:. Thought it went ok so fingers crossed haha
I am in the exact same position in regards to having to book somewhere! :/ I have applied for Coventry (interview in the new year),Wolverhampton (interview but I declined it) and Hertfordshire (unsuccessful). How about you?Also I have just heard back from Bournemouth and they want to see me for an interview!! Honestly over the moon (I nearly cried! :colondollar:)
It's difficult but got to be done I guess! I've also applied for De Montfort, Oxford Brookes, and Birmingham City. I've only had emails from these saying they're processing my application. Ahh congratulations! That's brilliant :biggrin:
Oh no. That's horrible. Sorry ro hear that. Have you received any interviews for other universities? Do you think you know why the personal statement went wrong?

I have had one at Teesside and received another for Northumbria. I have had rejections from Bradford (haven't had feedback yet) and Huddersfield and just haven't heard from York yet. I don't know really, I wish I knew. I showed it to a load of people who all said they thought it was good but I guess Huddersfield just wanted something different. Onwards and upwards though! How are you getting on with your application?X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to her that,I had the exact same happen to me with Hertfordshire! It really is annoying.I don't get how my personal statement was weak when all other unis want to see me for interviews!

Good luck with the rest of your application! :smile: x

It's just so competitive! Hopefully I'll get a place at one of my others! How's the rest of your application progress going? Thanks... You too!X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kjade95
I have had one at Teesside and received another for Northumbria. I have had rejections from Bradford (haven't had feedback yet) and Huddersfield and just haven't heard from York yet. I don't know really, I wish I knew. I showed it to a load of people who all said they thought it was good but I guess Huddersfield just wanted something different. Onwards and upwards though! How are you getting on with your application?X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I noticed that on some university websites they look for certain things to be mentioned in the personal statement so it could be something as simple as forgetting to mention one thing. It's so hard to fit everything into that small limit i feel so no1's will ever be perfect. What is meamt for you won't pass you. I've rang all my universities today and they said i should hear very soon. I'm hoping. I am constantly revising and reading the news and my nursing journals. I'm a little worried about these new MMI interviews though and how to prepare...
I noticed that on some university websites they look for certain things to be mentioned in the personal statement so it could be something as simple as forgetting to mention one thing. It's so hard to fit everything into that small limit i feel so no1's will ever be perfect. What is meamt for you won't pass you. I've rang all my universities today and they said i should hear very soon. I'm hoping. I am constantly revising and reading the news and my nursing journals. I'm a little worried about these new MMI interviews though and how to prepare...

Yeah, I tried my best. It's very hard to tailor one personal statement for the things each university wants to see. I had loads more I wanted to put in just not the space, I guess I didn't pick the strongest things to use the space for! No news is good news I think.. I was desperate to hear back and now I wish I hadn't heard yet. Don't worry :smile:
Original post by kjade95
Yeah, I tried my best. It's very hard to tailor one personal statement for the things each university wants to see. I had loads more I wanted to put in just not the space, I guess I didn't pick the strongest things to use the space for! No news is good news I think.. I was desperate to hear back and now I wish I hadn't heard yet. Don't worry :smile:

It's always difficult to know what exactly to put in, I had so many people telling to to take things out and put different things in! But I hope it works out for you and you get your place I'm sure you deserve :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending