The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else waiting to hear back from interviews?

I only had one yesterday but the wait is driving me mad! They said within a few days I should hear back... So scared as this is the one I really want!
Original post by jimbles
Anyone else waiting to hear back from interviews?

I only had one yesterday but the wait is driving me mad! They said within a few days I should hear back... So scared as this is the one I really want!

I had an interview Monday and found out yesterday. Generally it's a quick turnaround. I think keeping us in suspense classifies as torture! Where was your interview?
Original post by magicmaiden
I had an interview Monday and found out yesterday. Generally it's a quick turnaround. I think keeping us in suspense classifies as torture! Where was your interview?

At Worcester. It's the only one I've gone for at the moment, it's where I really want to go so I'm crossing everything that I get on it!! It's for Primary PGCE. What is yours for?

I hope it's by the weekend, it's torture.
Original post by jimbles
At Worcester. It's the only one I've gone for at the moment, it's where I really want to go so I'm crossing everything that I get on it!! It's for Primary PGCE. What is yours for?

I hope it's by the weekend, it's torture.

Same, at Swansea. I'm sure you'll be fine! How did the interview go?
Original post by magicmaiden
Same, at Swansea. I'm sure you'll be fine! How did the interview go?

Nice, did you get it? I think it went okay, but the interviewers were so relaxed and informal it made it hard to tell!!
[QUOTE=jimbles;60884643]Anyone else waiting to hear back from interviews?

It has been 2 weeks since my interview and I haven't heard anything yet. I know how frustrating it is to wait with no idea when the result will come out.
Good luck to you all ! I'm still waiting for my references to be done , just want it all to get moving now
Original post by sjla94
Anyone applied to Roehampton, Southampton or Chichester? :smile:

I've applied for Southampton and Chichester :smile: Got interview from Chichester on Wednesday. Have you heard anything from either yet? :smile:
Original post by jimbles
Nice, did you get it? I think it went okay, but the interviewers were so relaxed and informal it made it hard to tell!!

Yes, I did get a place. I felt I completely messed up my individual interview so was not expecting an offer. I'm my own worst critic at times! Let us know when you hear anything, from the sounds of it you've done fab
Original post by Lucyrousselle
Hiya, has anyone applied/or already applied to Bath spa, UWE or Gloucestershire (Primary Ed 5-11) and would be able to give some advice? :smile:

I applied to uwe and bath spa!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still haven't heard back from my School Direct choice, and I applied nearly a month ago...getting kinda worried. I've just sent them an email in the hope that they haven't forgotten about me.

I hope they reply soon as I'm out of the country in 3 weeks...
I passed my skills tests! I'm so happy and really hoping that this looks favourable in my interviews.
Original post by *tango*
Aaaah, I love Cambridge :u: I would have applied there if I had a degree in maths but, unfortunately, my degree is less than 50% maths so I wouldn't stand a chance.

Ah yeah they do seem fairly strict.

With us Latin lot they have to be a bit more flexible about that sort of thing or they wouldn't have many people! But they do seem really hot on subject knowledge, far more so than the others which is scary.
Original post by Aemiliana
I passed my skills tests! I'm so happy and really hoping that this looks favourable in my interviews.

Well done!
Still no sign of the reference i asked for 3 weeks ago. The HoD writing it had a meeting wth the deputy head today to finish it off but i havent heard anything since. Starting to panic now as if i do get an interview its not gonna be until after Christmas, and the way places are going I doubt even that will be a possibility now. Sigh.

Anyway congrats to all of you who are accepting offers you're all amazing :smile:
Had my latest degree module result today... Now I can only get a 2:2 in my degree.. My conditional offer is 2:2 but still feel massively pissed off...!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a conditional offer for The University of Cumbria for general primary!!!!!!!!!!! After all that worrying and stress!!
Wow. Well done you :smile: congratulations x

Original post by Bena0202
Just got a conditional offer for The University of Cumbria for general primary!!!!!!!!!!! After all that worrying and stress!!
omg omg omg Cambridge offered me an interview :banana:

Its 1 week away and I'm pretty sure I cant make it, I want to see if I can delay.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sjla94
Thank you for the reply! Just apprehensive about the whole interview - if I even get any! I just want to get all my interviews done before the end of the year, but considering it's nearing towards the end of the year... I think it's wishful thinking!

Considering I had my interview 2 weeks ago and there were only 5 of us there for a PGC, I think a lot of people are in the same boat as you with applying around now, you have a high chance of getting your interview before the end of this year, just be prepared for the interview to be next week and be accomodating to what they ask! They want you as much as you want them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending