The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an email yesterday from Pembroke for studying Chinese and I was invited to interview!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!! 😊😁
And I've also received an offer from University of Manchester! 💜
I see loads of Orientalists, but is anyone specifically doing Arabic?
I am! Do you know when we hear back??? Literally dying.
Original post by Mld120
I applied for English at Wadham last year and hear at like 6pm on the Friday so hopefully you'll hear tomorrow! :smile:

That's good to hear thanks :smile:. I'm also applying for English! Do you know what percentages of applicants get interviews normally?
Original post by Mld120
Is anyone applying for English at St Hilda's? :smile:

I am. Still haven't heard back??? Slowly dying
Original post by chsdg
yeah as far as im concerned its not overly over subscribed (relatively, for oxford anyway) - i heard like 80 % of applicants get an interview so hopefully haha!

ahh, cool! and not all colleges offer it as far as i know! im doing english lit, history and archaeology. what about you?

Yeah I think only like 7 colleges offer it because its a bit random! Ah cool! you're lucky my school doesn't offer archaeology :frown: I take Art, Geography and English Lit :smile: What other unis did you apply to?
Original post by tesstickles2727
I'm applying for English at st Hugh's, I know it's not the same lol but they're quite similar

Haha, fair enough!! Have you heard yet? :smile:
Original post by parky98
I'm applying to Queen's to read History.

Has anyone applying to Queen's heard anything about interview invitations??

http://www.queens.ox.ac.uk/admissions/applications/

:smile:
Original post by simbasdragon
That's good to hear thanks :smile:. I'm also applying for English! Do you know what percentages of applicants get interviews normally?

I can't remember the exact numbers (they're online somewhere), but last year in Oxford out of ~1000 applicants, ~400 got interviews... So less than half 😅
Original post by Mld120
Haha, fair enough!! Have you heard yet? :smile:

What made you choose st Hilda's
Original post by crose
I just got my rejection. Congratulations to you, though! Good luck in the interview!

No way, I was rooting for you crose! (Your Breakfast Club profile picture had me onside from the start :') ) Hope you're okay, at least you haven't been rejected from Oxford Brookes!
Applied for English at Brasenose but have got an interview for Lincoln!! I think it's because six people from my people applied to Brasenose 😁
Original post by jjrw1998
Has anyone got an email about English as Brasenose yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGeqEphxIS8
Reply 7433
Original post by PhyM23
Good song choice :wink:

It is one of the many talents I possess that shall take the pride of place on my CV when Oxford inevitably reject me :wink:
Reply 7435
Original post by jonwithnoname
It is one of the many talents I possess that shall take the pride of place on my CV when Oxford inevitably reject me :wink:

Haha with your taste in music you'll get accepted for sure :wink:
Original post by millieellen
Congrats! What dates are you needed for?

thank you! congrats to you too!! 9th -11th Dec
Reply 7437
for those who did not receive rejections from Hertford E&M today, can they expect invitations tomorrow?
Original post by mpmpmp
for those who did not receive rejections from Hertford E&M today, can they expect invitations tomorrow?

I also haven't heard anything but I don't have any expectations tbh, they could still have more to go. Have to hope for the best though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IzzySaskia
Yay, three more people also applying for History and English! Just thought I'd quote everyone so we're all aware of who's out there... :smile:
How are you guys doing in terms of interviews ? Best of luck, hopefully all of us History and English applicants will do well !

Latest

Trending

Trending