The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scratchy1406
I know of someone who has received an interview

do you mind me asking what day and around what time
9th Dec, not sure about time
Original post by Sho111
Has anyone heard from Exeter college yet? I am applying for English

I heard back from them on Monday but for Economics and Management (they were the quickest college for the Econ courses).
Original post by scratchy1406
9th Dec, not sure about time

sorry i meant what day/time did they receive the interview
Original post by eliza1234
thank you! congrats to you too!! 9th -11th Dec

Hopefully see you there! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! Anyone know whether if you get re-allocated, do you receive an email from the college you originally applied to telling you that you've been re-allocated or from the one you were re-allocated to?? Congrats to anyone who has had an invitation!!🎉
Reply 7466
Received an email today saying I'd been invited to an interview at Hertford for Geography (originally applied to Brasenose). A lot of people I know found out whether they had/hadn't received an interview today, so if you haven't heard anything yet, you should do soon.
Reply 7467
Original post by laurarowe
Hey guys! Anyone know whether if you get re-allocated, do you receive an email from the college you originally applied to telling you that you've been re-allocated or from the one you were re-allocated to?? Congrats to anyone who has had an invitation!!🎉

You receive a reply from the college you were allocated to (happened to me)
Original post by colty
Lols, just called them, never been spoken to over the phone so rudely hahaha

The main reason why I didn't choose Christ Church, besides its huuuge size that I didn't like, is that when I went there on the open days the porters and the librarians were very rude to me :colone:
Might have just been bad timing though, or so I hope for all the future students there!
Original post by parky98
Thank you! A bit worried though, as I haven't been emailed about if I've got an interview or not! :frown:

I'm sure you'll hear from them (or another college if you're re-allocated) tomorrow! :smile: They are probably just a bit busy and won't be able to follow the time table exactly
Reply 7470
Original post by cathyobrien98
Oh right we applied to completely different ones! I did Manchester, Bristol, Exeter and UEA. Where are you from? Because I live in London so I didn't want to apply to like goldsmiths, UCL, kcl or Soas, which is annoying because I really liked all their courses.

nice!!!! my best friends have applies to manchester and exeter as well and they said it was rlly nice plus, a lot cheaper than say london or wherever so going out will be fun

im from cambridge actually so i wanted to apply somewhere quite different (so it makes zero sense for me to have applied to oxford lol) - but yeah the courses look really good like especially at goldsmiths i applied for english and american literature and i would probably be just as happy to go there as to go to oxford tbh - have you had any offers yet?
This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if Oxford gives out offers different than the typical offers on their website, or do they give out higher offers?
Interview for History and Economics at Hertford. :biggrin: Reallocated from Brasenose.
Original post by whoskal
This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if Oxford gives out offers different than the typical offers on their website, or do they give out higher offers?

A typical offer is what most people will get, but they might give higher or lower offers based on the applicant. I think Oxford rarely makes offers higher than the typical offer unless they think that you might struggle a bit to keep up so they want you to have a better foundation and thus need higher A-level grades

Not entirely related, but Cambridge has given offers of A1, A1, A2 to people from my school (basically A*A*A) who did 3 Advanced Highers, but people who did 4 Advanced Highers received offers of A1, A1, A1, A2 (A*A*A*A) on all 4 subjects instead of just the 3 in the typical offer.
Original post by N0.1D34
I got an email from Christ Church around half 3 today
...Got invited for interview for straight maths!
Needless to say I was pretty gassed!
However, putting that to the side, I believe invites have started and hopefully you shall hear soon

Congratss!!! :biggrin: Hopefully i get something soon... the suspense is too much!!
Original post by spinoza97
has anyone heard from PPE at Jesus? or any other course?

Yes. Got an interview for Chemistry. ☺️
Original post by mrpunchline
I'm sure you'll hear from them (or another college if you're re-allocated) tomorrow! :smile: They are probably just a bit busy and won't be able to follow the time table exactly

Yeah that's true. What are you applying for and which college? :smile:
Original post by chsdg
nice!!!! my best friends have applies to manchester and exeter as well and they said it was rlly nice plus, a lot cheaper than say london or wherever so going out will be fun

im from cambridge actually so i wanted to apply somewhere quite different (so it makes zero sense for me to have applied to oxford lol) - but yeah the courses look really good like especially at goldsmiths i applied for english and american literature and i would probably be just as happy to go there as to go to oxford tbh - have you had any offers yet?

Oh that's so nice! That's good, yeah I really like Bristol and Manchester I feel like I would be just as happy there, I'm not sure if Oxford is even really my scene because I quite like big city unis. Yeah I had offers from the other four so if I don't get into Oxford it's okay :smile: have you had any offers yet?
Original post by diggit
Yes. Got an interview for Chemistry. ☺️

Same, how cool!
Somehow, people are getting emails at 10 pm in the evening ....

Latest

Trending

Trending