The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough leniency

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has anyone has experience with Loughborough being lenient? Or being let In with lower grades?
I am also wondering the same thing
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
There was a guy in the year above me who go an E in physics AS, and got an offer of ABB for mechanical engineering. He got BCC and got in to do Manufacturing Engineering there. So yeh they are pretty lenient in my opinion. :smile:
Original post by arjunnpatel97
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has anyone has experience with Loughborough being lenient? Or being let In with lower grades?

Original post by Alevelhelp97
I am also wondering the same thing

Hi both

There is some give in grades however, it depends on a lot of factors. They will take everything in to account such as your personal statement, extenuating circumstances, interview results (if you've had one) and so on. It also depends how many other applicants miss their grades - so if it's a year where most seem to be lower than predicted they'll be more lenient than a year where most people get higher than predicted. It varies from year to year, so the only sure way to get in is to meet the conditions of your offer.

Hope this all makes sense.
Vicky
Last year my course asked for ABB/BBB.
My AS grades were CCDU.
I got an offer with predicted grades of BCC.
I made Lufbra my firm choice and got accepted with grades of BBC.
Original post by pizzanomics
Last year my course asked for ABB/BBB.
My AS grades were CCDU.
I got an offer with predicted grades of BCC.
I made Lufbra my firm choice and got accepted with grades of BBC.

What course did you do. I need AAB for Bus Psy and I would like to know if they're lenient at all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending