The Student Room Group

A101 Birmingham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PkT1991

...I spoke with a colleague on my MSc and he mentioned he had received a rejection email last week! So I'm a bit anxious now.

Teki

Do you by any chance know if your colleague also received the 'further consideration' email?

I received an email today stating they were still reviewing my application and I'm just wondering if that means I've met the main entry requirements and whether I've been filtered down a bit at this stage now.
Reply 21
Original post by Rambo_Jambo
Do you by any chance know if your colleague also received the 'further consideration' email?

I received an email today stating they were still reviewing my application and I'm just wondering if that means I've met the main entry requirements and whether I've been filtered down a bit at this stage now.

Nope, he mentioned it was a straight up rejection with no further information.

I think we have the same email that describes us meeting the entry requirements.
I've only had the generic reviewing and passing to the admissions tutor email too!! Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone get a 3rd email this morning saying they are still reviewing your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Catherine1193
Did anyone get a 3rd email this morning saying they are still reviewing your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only received the one email about the application being passed on from the admission team to the admission tutor for further consideration.

Would you mind sharing what the third email says?
It's pretty generic! I just thought it may indicate I got slightly further in selection? I'm looking for the best scenarios in my head :P - my student room app says my screen shot is not a valid image. But here's what it says: We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website. In the meantime we'd love to tell you a bit more about Birmingham and what it's like to study here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
It's pretty generic! I just thought it may indicate I got slightly further in selection? I'm looking for the best scenarios in my head :P - my student room app says my screen shot is not a valid image. But here's what it says: We're still reviewing your application, and you can keep up to date with any progress by visiting the UCAS track website. In the meantime we'd love to tell you a bit more about Birmingham and what it's like to study here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm, possibly. I haven't heard anything after the confirmation and your application is now passed on from the admission team to the admission tutor!

This suspense is killing me!
Reply 27

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never mind, I got the same email as you. It was titled 'your application is still being reviewed'.

It seems like a very generic email; I would't put too much thought into it tbh.
I've had a third email aswell! I hope it's a good sign and not a bad one :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've also had all the generic emails! I guess no news is good news :redface: fingers crossed
Does anyone have any idea when we might hear from Birmingham re interviews/rejections?? I'm bored of waiting now :-(
Thanks! :-)
Original post by millie2008
Does anyone have any idea when we might hear from Birmingham re interviews/rejections?? I'm bored of waiting now :-(
Thanks! :-)

check your emails! just got an interview through !!!!
Just been offered an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickakion
Just been offered an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay congrats... i cannot decide what day or time to go for
Interview too! :biggrin: Chose Tuesday 19th at 12pm so I have time to travel from London in the morning. Well done everyone!
Congrats guys! Haven't heard anything yet - thinking maybe it's bad news for me...:-(
Original post by millie2008
Congrats guys! Haven't heard anything yet - thinking maybe it's bad news for me...:-(

don't lose hope they might not send them all out on the same day - its 3 consecutive days of interviews which is a fair amount of people . fingers crossed!
Original post by nature_elf
Interview too! :biggrin: Chose Tuesday 19th at 12pm so I have time to travel from London in the morning. Well done everyone!

i also chose 12 pm - but on the monday. i hope our slot can still go on the tour....
don't lose hope they might not send them all out on the same day - its 3 consecutive days of interviews which is a fair amount of people . fingers crossed!

Ah ok, fair point. Thank you for the wee injection of hope :-)
Reply 39
Congratulations to all those who have been offered an interview!

Quick question, how will you all intend to prepare for the interview bearing in mind that you have just under two month's to prepare?

Thanks!

PS. still no word from Bham; and got my first rejection at KCL this weak–so really anxious!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending