The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, I need help with my oxford interview in two weeks! How do i prepare????
Original post by Andreiile
What course is it?

Chemistry:smile:
Original post by MusabHasan
Hi there, I need help with my oxford interview in two weeks! How do i prepare????

Try the University website for some interview tips :h:
Got an interview for English with St. Hilda's - pleasantly surprised given I went in with AAB from my AS results :O
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
Congrats! Whats the subject?

THX~ I applied Chemistry
Original post by hermionegrangcr
Try the University website for some interview tips :h:

I haven't received an offer yet though!!! I don't know whether to pratice or not!
Original post by PasserbyA
Congrats, course?

Chemistry :smile:
Original post by lawlieto
Chemistry :smile:

Marvellous. Wait, aren't you the one who mentioned they said you'd only hear back next Friday? (I checked at this point) Okay, you are. Wow, guess they hurried it up a week, congrats on getting one so soon.
Original post by MusabHasan
I haven't received an offer yet though!!! I don't know whether to pratice or not!

Practice now rather than later.

P.S. I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and and it really helps me to get out of the post-exam weariness by practicing interview styled questions c:
Where can I get the information about invite at St.Hugh's website?
Reply 7650
Just received an offer for an interview at Jesus college to read History and French...
Now I am even more nervous than before - yet no news from Merton....
Exeter college news anyone?
Anybody got an interview at Trinity for maths?
Original post by PasserbyA
Marvellous. Wait, aren't you the one who mentioned they said you'd only hear back next Friday? (I checked at this point) Okay, you are. Wow, guess they hurried it up a week, congrats on getting one so soon.

I know.. i was quite shocked. Especially that the person i called (who sent the invitation ...) told me off that i shouldnt have called as its on their website that i wouldnt hear anything until the week before...
Original post by mariashamak
I believe we will not hear about the interviews until Monday (at least). Depends on the college, which one have you applied to?

Christ Church. I think it'll be Monday :/
Original post by liam m
Got rejected outright for PPE at Brasenose :frown:
Probably because of TSA scores. I did well in practice tests (I got a 75), but during the actual test I cracked under the stress and broke down crying. I was not in a good place because a friend had killed herself a few days earlier. My school submitted a Special Considerations form and I was hoping that would help, but I guess not. It's frustrating because I feel like I should have been a strong candidate. Just because of one rough week my chances of going to Oxford disappeared before I was even really considered.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I understand what you're going through. If you really have your heart set on Oxford and believe you have a chance, you should really consider taking a year out and reapplying next year.
I've only heard of one physics interview invitation - anyone else heard?
I just got an interview! I'm literally so amazed I've gone shakey!
I didn't get an interview, but best of luck for yours guys !!

Latest

Trending

Trending