The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomtom22
I've only heard of one physics invitation anywhere on here . . .

Do you know of any?

Nope!
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
Awesome!!! Its like finding Nessie!
What for?

History! I'm only slightly shaking with happiness!
Reply 7702
Original post by TheBilboBaggins
Scrap the poems...I just got an interview at Merton College!!

That's awesome, congrats! For what course may I ask? :-)
Original post by ell159
That's awesome, congrats! For what course may I ask? :-)

History :smile:
Just got an interview!!!! Merton PPE
Original post by ell159
Still waiting on Merton.... Haven't heard anything yet. Has anybody else heard for English? I feel like I've chosen not only a popular subject but a slow college as well!!

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Is this going to be forever?
Do colleges give out interview invitations over the weekend?
Original post by TheBilboBaggins
There once was a college called Merton,
I applied when I had a blue shirt on,
When it came to December,
I couldn't remember,
If I really applied there for certain.

If anyone would like a limerick done for their college, I'm exactly the kind of insatiable procrastinator to ask. Yup, I'm desparately bored, folks.

Hi. I love you. Let's be friends. Also, congrats on your interview! Hopefully I'll see you there :smile:
Original post by Eznomics
Do colleges give out interview invitations over the weekend?

It's definitely not the norm. Admission are bound to be closed during the weekend
Anyone from KEBLE for E&M or PPE?!!!!

Whose got their letter?
Original post by scblx
Do you also have to book a flight? I would fly from Frankfurt/Germany I think or another airport near here.
It would be really important for me to tell my school in case I get an interview since I would miss two exams/important tests and one of these is very very very important and I also don't know if I should start studying for it or not..

Nope! Luckily I'm spending the year in Scotland, or else I'd have to fly in from Los Angeles. And I think you can actually email the admissions office if you get an interview and explain that you have important exams. I know that they're sometimes able to tweak schedules if you have really important circumstances.
I swear there's noone here going to Lincoln
Reply 7712
Original post by el-enchanted
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Is this going to be forever?

Finally! Somebody who feels my pain!🙏🏻 I just want to hear now, regardless of whether it's a rejection or invitation to interview. Good luck to you!
Original post by ell159
Finally! Somebody who feels my pain!🙏🏻 I just want to hear now, regardless of whether it's a rejection or invitation to interview. Good luck to you!

SAME. So. Much. Same.

I really think it's the anxiety of waiting that's the worst. Even a rejection would make me feel better. And good luck to you too! <3
Rejected for E&M:frown: F*** the TSA
Original post by PressTabStart
What % of people who applied for maths got an interview this year?

I'm assuming it's quite high because I got an interview with AABE at AS and no A*s at GCSE, also did quite poorly in the MAT. Has to be more than half for maths.

what college? also for maths i think i read somewhere that they only invite about 30% of applicants as they shortlist with the MAT and 60% is amazing considering the average this year was 43
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by econam
Rejected for E&M:frown: F*** the TSA

May I ask which college?
Just got an interview for Modern Languages! Could not have imagined a happier end of the week!
Got my invitation from Merton PPE 10 minutes ago!
Original post by el-enchanted
Nope! Luckily I'm spending the year in Scotland, or else I'd have to fly in from Los Angeles. And I think you can actually email the admissions office if you get an interview and explain that you have important exams. I know that they're sometimes able to tweak schedules if you have really important circumstances.

Yeah I think I will do this.. maybe immediately

Latest

Trending

Trending