The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frannoooooooo
Yeah I do further maths, although they didn't teach it at my school last year so I had to self-teach it from about christmas - so my UMS isn't great in FM :/ similar situation this year, although I'm getting a bit more support:smile:

When did you apply and when did you get your offer?

I've been self-teaching FM since feb. - sitting all 6 exams next summer. I applied 15th October and got my offer 24th November.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
What the helll!? People are getting offers from Durham already :redface:
Original post by Hannah_19980
Subject: Biosciences (MBio)
Offer: AAA
College: Grey :smile:
Congratulations to everyone on getting an offer !x

Subject: Law
Offer: A*AA
College: Grey
(edited 8 years ago)
Subject: Combined Social Sciences (Anthropology, Politics & IR, History)
College applied to: St Mary's

So excited as this is my first choice!! I have four offers now, just waiting to do my interview at Cambridge omg
Original post by Patrick2810
I've been self-teaching FM since feb. - sitting all 6 exams next summer. I applied 15th October and got my offer 24th November.

I see, so you don't have the AS at the moment but you'll be sitting and receiving the full A level in the upcoming exam period? Which modules are you doing, and do you think that has any bearing on your chances of getting an offer?
Original post by Frannoooooooo
I see, so you don't have the AS at the moment but you'll be sitting and receiving the full A level in the upcoming exam period? Which modules are you doing, and do you think that has any bearing on your chances of getting an offer?

Yeah I'll receive the whole A level next exam period. I've done (but not sat) D1,D2,FP1,S2 and am doing FP2. Starting M2 soon. I may get some of my normal maths modules moved around if needed though (99UMS in S1 may come in handy haha)

I wrote about it on my PS and said I'm doing it as maths is so important for physics, I assume it strengthened my application but can't say if I'd have got an offer if I didn't do FM.
Original post by jst1995
Haha I'm sure you did fine, that's just the waiting talking 😁 I applied to Exeter, Glasgow, Nottingham, Manchester and of course Durham, you?

Haha hopefully 😊 Apart from Durham and Oxford I've applied to Exeter, UCL and Bath. I'm waiting to hear back from Ox and Exeter now!
Subject: Biosciences (MBiol)
Offer: Conditional, 37 IB points with 666 @ HL (AAA eqiv.)
College applied to: Trevelyan
:smile:
Original post by jp-2015
Yeah I have, yet to hear back! :smile:

ahh well good luck!!
Reply 69
A*AA offer for maths :-) applied to St Mary's.
Reply 70
Applied on 18/11/16 for Law LLB. When should Durham give me out an offer/rejection?
Someone else applied for law?
Received two offers from Durham nearly 2 weeks ago, still can't believe it lol

Course: Combined honours in social science (Anthropology and Politics & IR)
Offer: a*aa

Course: Anthropology
Offer: abb
Original post by Bobkata
Applied on 18/11/16 for Law LLB. When should Durham give me out an offer/rejection?
Someone else applied for law?

I got an offer for law from Durham a week ago, but they say that they'll send something latest by January in the first email they send after applying
Original post by nobodycarescarla
Oopps sorry I forgot to quote you :P have you heard yet? Or received any other offers?

I haven't heard from Durham! But at the moment I have two offers, from Bristol and Warwick. How about you?
Reply 74
Got an offer for criminology, applied to St Chad's :smile: Still cannot believe it!
Subject: Law
College: Can't remember!
Reply 76
Original post by nicolewho
I got an offer for law from Durham a week ago, but they say that they'll send something latest by January in the first email they send after applying

Congrats for your offer!!! Are you going to firm Durham?
I hope I dont have to wait until January :erm: It will be painful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata
Congrats for your offer!!! Are you going to firm Durham?
I hope I dont have to wait until January :erm: It will be painful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you 😃 I'm definitely firming, Oxford was first choice, but I got rejected, to be honest I like the facilities at Durham a lot better though, not really upset with the rejection.
Hopefully you'll also get an offer 😃
Just got an offer for law 😀 Is anyone else applying to Josephine butler college?
Reply 79
Original post by Gingerlamps1335
Just got an offer for law 😀 Is anyone else applying to Josephine butler college?

When did you send your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest