The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ruth_glasgow
Does anyone know if the warwick work exp questionnaire is a sign of being over the ukcat threshold, or if it's sent to everyone? Don't want to get my hopes up as I got a pretty substandard UKCAT...

Mind me asking your UKCAT?
Work experience forms for Notts and Warwick have come through- hopefully I will meet the reqs
Original post by sampowell92
I would imagine they send it out to people above their UKCAT threshold, seems silly to make people fill out these forms if they're not being interviewed anyway?

Oh my gosh I'm reaaaally hoping so, was anticipating a straight rejection with only 680 UKCAT but you're right, it would be odd to request the information from people that won't be considered further... thanks!
Original post by LostInYourMusic
I just feel clever when I know words they say :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt really sad when I realised half of it was made up (I dont know about the other half)
Does anyone know if the 200 characters permitted for the work experience description includes spaces or not?
Oh my gosh I'm reaaaally hoping so, was anticipating a straight rejection with only 680 UKCAT but you're right, it would be odd to request the information from people that won't be considered further... thanks!

Hmm we have the exact same ukcat but I haven't received anything, that sucks! Congrats though!
Original post by elzw
ah wow so was it an interview from warwick you got with it?

No it seems you need to pass their minimum work experience requirements before getting an interview. I think I might make it by a few hours.
Original post by CharlieGEM
No it seems you need to pass their minimum work experience requirements before getting an interview. I think I might make it by a few hours.

I got my email :smile: 680 seems ok with an MSc!
Original post by Grand Pepito
Hmm we have the exact same ukcat but I haven't received anything, that sucks! Congrats though!

Not gunna lie, part of me is worried that I have received the email by mistake! Oh really, that seems strange... Do you have/are you expecting to have a 1st or a 2.1 if you don't mind me asking? That seems to be the only other thing to compare applicants on as they don't read personal statements at this stage.Thanks, I hope your email is just a little late coming through!
Original post by Amywool
I got my email :smile: 680 seems ok with an MSc!

Congrats :smile: that's really good news.

I got a bit of a shock when I saw the work experience was limited to that done up to and including 15 October though.
Not gunna lie, part of me is worried that I have received the email by mistake! Oh really, that seems strange... Do you have/are you expecting to have a 1st or a 2.1 if you don't mind me asking? That seems to be the only other thing to compare applicants on as they don't read personal statements at this stage.Thanks, I hope your email is just a little late coming through!

I achieved a 2:1 and I have an mPharm (integrated masters), I'm hoping they're still sending out some emails... Not sure how likely that is though.
Yay I got an email for Warwick!! However I'm now kind of scared that I didn't meet the work experience requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
I achieved a 2:1 and I have an mPharm (integrated masters), I'm hoping they're still sending out some emails... Not sure how likely that is though.

Yes fingers crossed! I'm yet to graduate (predicted a 1st) so if anything, your integrated masters seems like it should score more highly. Good luck!
Original post by blackraven
Yay I got an email for Warwick!! However I'm now kind of scared that I didn't meet the work experience requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess the important thing is to not write down less than 70 hours on the form. If you look at the link of acceptable work experience it's actually pretty wide so for instance if your day job involved a substantial first aid component you could include that or some activities from it if it involved a lesser amount of voluntary first aid or similar element.
Original post by HarryWilson123
Surely Swansea will contact us today!

Surely...... Argh no email. I saw the possibility of emails on monday now??
Anyone know about liverpool??

Im a pre reg pharmacist atm and just recieved an email. Not sure if pre reg counts as part of the '70 hr' experience
Original post by xangelspawnx
Surely...... Argh no email. I saw the possibility of emails on monday now??
Anyone know about liverpool??

I feel it's gonna be Monday now for Swansea :frown:
Liverpool will be some time in December :frown:
Currently on three interviews out of four, with Barts BM4 still to respond. Starting to believe that this whole medicine thing actually has a chance of happening!!

Interview invites from Southampton 4 year and Dundee/Glasgow 5 year. And two were in the last two days.... My nerves are destroyed!
Original post by nickname_esco
Im a pre reg pharmacist atm and just recieved an email. Not sure if pre reg counts as part of the '70 hr' experience

I imagine if it's hospital then they would :smile: Don't see why not! I'm in the same boat as you, hoping they count my hospital pre-reg as experience as it's incredibly ward heavy.
Hey guys, does anyone know if Warwick send out the workexperience forms before they check your ukcat score? with a ukcat avg. of 687.5 I assumed that I would recieve a rejection from the get go. It would seem pointless to send out these forms to people who didnt meet their requirement...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending