The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anything from St. John's for Maths?
Reply 7761
Still no news at all from Merton. They are cutting it damn fine for the English interviews...
Original post by tensedgirl
When did your friend receive the rejection? Anyone applied for Maths at Worcester?

today 4 hours ago
Original post by nnnnnnnnnn

I saw one person has, i havent heard but i did quite badly on the mat
Reply 7764
Interview for modern languages at New College :smile:
Original post by nnnnnnnnnn

Yep, I got an interview invitation today
Got an interview to St Johns for maths today
Has anybody heard from Worcester for history
Original post by Jamesmeg3
Has anybody heard from Worcester for history

Yeah one of my friends has an interview - got told yesterday
Has anyone heard anything for maths from Keble?
Has anyone heard anything from Brasenose?
Has anyone heard anything from Physics?
EP interview!
Original post by haziq17
Has anyone heard from Lady Margaret? I applied there for Maths

I received an interview invitation for History from Lady Margaret yesterday evening. You can check here for automatic updates on which subjects have been shortlisted http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/Undergraduates/Application-Updates.aspx
Reply 7773
Hi! Been lurking around these forums for a while now but haven't really said much because I find my questions already get answered here!

I got an invitation to interview from St Hugh's for biochemistry yesterday evening :smile: for Monday 7th, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.
However I would need to arrive at 8:30am. Since I live in Manchester, I was wondering if it would be possible to arrive on Sunday instead? Has anyone else enquired about this?
Chemistry/biochemistry applicants: how are you preparing for your interviews?

I'm doing some past chemistry Olympiad questions.
Original post by bj1
Hi! Been lurking around these forums for a while now but haven't really said much because I find my questions already get answered here!

I got an invitation to interview from St Hugh's for biochemistry yesterday evening :smile: for Monday 7th, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.
However I would need to arrive at 8:30am. Since I live in Manchester, I was wondering if it would be possible to arrive on Sunday instead? Has anyone else enquired about this?

I think you can request to stay overnight (so on the Sunday) if you're distance from Oxford will make it difficult for you to reach there by 8.30am. It shouldn't in theory be a problem securing this and there's no harm in sending a quick email to the Admissions department (or whoever has been corresponding with you so far from St Hugh's) asking/informing them of this.
Reply 7776
Rejection from Magdalen for Experimental Psychology. Take all the remains of my pitiful luck, everyone who hasn't gotten a response yet!

Can we email the college asking for the reason we got rejected?
Original post by IIEquinoxII
I applied to lincoln :colone:

for what course??
Original post by liliam
Rejection from Magdalen for Experimental Psychology. Take all the remains of my pitiful luck, everyone who hasn't gotten a response yet!

Can we email the college asking for the reason we got rejected?

Aw, bad luck :frown: x

My friend got rejected today for English (and she has stupidly good grades; like 80% A* at GCSE and 4 As at AS??? :confused:) and we were talking to a teacher about this. He recommended we phone up the college, or, at the least, email them to ask for feedback on your application. Apparently a girl in our year who'd applied (I think for Psychology?) was rejected yesterday, and phoned up to ask for feedback, and got given a really helpful response. Not sure which college.

ps. What plans do you have now?
Original post by tensedgirl
When did your friend receive the rejection? Anyone applied for Maths at Worcester?

I applied for Computer Science at Worcester (so I took the MAT too). Have you heard anything back?

Latest

Trending

Trending