The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madmed16
Thank you!! Good luck with your applications!

Thank you! Same to you!
Original post by madmed16
Yeah, I got too excited and just booked it for the 18th!

Booked for the 7th haha :smile:
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Congrats on your interview! Can I ask what your A2 predictions are? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by badaman
What was your SJT Band? And predicted A2s?

Original post by misstac
Congrats on your interview at Kings!

Thanks guys :biggrin:

SJT was band 2, and my marvellous teachers predicted me A*A*AA (I had high UMS marks for my As)
How are you guys prepping?
Anyone else got interviews from Cardiff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tania Usman
Anyone else got interviews from Cardiff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you?
Original post by ilovecake123
have you?

No still waiting - sorry the above message made it sound like I have. It's just I've been hearing lots of people have already got interviews from Cardiff so just wanted to know if anyone else has this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a mock interview tomorrow, do you guys have any tips on how I can prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 348
How is everyone preparing for interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pirate123
I have a mock interview tomorrow, do you guys have any tips on how I can prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go over your personal statement and key topics ie, junior doctors contract
Guys got an interview at Leichester on 14th Jan
"The Multiple Mini Interviews will comprise 8 stations. The stations will test commitment, written communication, verbal communication, comprehension and interpretation, calculation, personal qualities, physical and social interaction and motivation to read medicine. Each station will be marked independently and the scores collated to achieve an overall mark for each applicant."
Any help and advice?
I got an interview for Glasgow!!!! 😃😃🎉🎉.
Morning all!

Well done to all of you who've got interviews - great news! To those of you who haven't heard back yet, we wish you good luck!

We've seen some of you asking about how to prepare for interviews. As some users have already mentioned, make sure you know your personal statement back to front. Make sure you've read all the journals/papers/books you've referenced. Also, for any work experience you've mentioned in your personal statements, write some notes and practice answers on your reflections on the experiences you had. Think about why it solidified your aim to get into Medical School, and how you'll apply anything you learned to the challenges you'll face once you're studying Medicine.

Also, Google like crazy 'medical interview questions', for both MMI and traditional style (depending on what you're expecting)! Try writing lots of answers. The more practice you get answering questions, obviously the better you'll be when it comes to the real thing! We've got some free, worked interview questions to help you prepare.

Make sure you are up-to-date with the latest medical news. Brush up on the Junior Doctor Contract news (see this recent article from The BBC for instance). Or we've got free weekly news blogs you can check out! The NHS also has a great, more science-orientated medical news section here.

The other day, we came across @prospectivemed56, who said that 'Richard Lehman's weekly review of medical journals' (Google this phrase and you'll find it) are extremely useful (found on this thread). Richard Lehman is a retired GP who writes his weekly review on the most interesting papers from medical journals. They are quite funny reads!

Feel free to ask us any questions,
The Medic Portal

p.s. Check out our Interview Updates Table, which has the rough dates when Medical Schools will be sending out invitations!
Reply 353
People, any thoughts on one of these interview prep courses?
Original post by B1525
People, any thoughts on one of these interview prep courses?

I'm not doing one - I can't afford it and I don't see how much of an advantage it can give you really.
Has anyone else not heard back yet from any school?

I've only received a conditional for my 5th choice at Electrical engineering.

Someone else from my school has received rejections, so my counsellor said that it's probably not a bad thing that I haven't heard back yet, but seeing many people having interviews next week makes me anxious.

I should receive an e-mail if I receive an interview offer right? Applied to Oxford, Cardiff, Bristol and Newcastle. I'm an international applicant by the way, so have to take a visa for the offer, meaning an earlier offer would have made me prepare quicklier.
Oh my! I didn't realize they give out rejection letters that early. Where are u from anyway?
Just look at it like this, no news is good news. Though I can believe how anxious it can get, especially if you have to secure a visa.
But chin up, yours will come soon. Best of luck!

Original post by mothrana

Someone else from my school has received rejections, so my counsellor said that it's probably not a bad thing that I haven't heard back yet, but seeing many people having interviews next week makes me anxious.

I should receive an e-mail if I receive an interview offer right? Applied to Oxford, Cardiff, Bristol and Newcastle. I'm an international applicant by the way, so have to take a visa for the offer, meaning an earlier offer would have made me prepare quicklier.
Original post by mothrana

Hey, I'm an international applicant and literally in the same situation as you. I've applied to Newcastle, Birmingham, Exeter and St. George's. I have a conditional offer for medical science at Newcastle but nothing from my medicine choices so far.
How much did you score on the UKCAT, if you don't mind me asking? The lowest score Newcastle has sent out an interview to is 687.5 so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just received an interview from UEA!! My first interview! *faints and dies*

Anyone else heard from them?

Also, I know they do MMI but what should I expect and how do you prepare for MMI's??
Original post by cookiemonster15
I just received an interview from UEA!! My first interview! *faints and dies*

Anyone else heard from them?

Also, I know they do MMI but what should I expect and how do you prepare for MMI's??

Lol when u find out, tell me as well 😛

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending