The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

When is your interview for Those who recieved one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any more interviews gone out? If so please could you post your score and interview date? This waiting is awful.......
Original post by ForeverDay
I've just checked on the mynottingham page, and although they've got my correct date of birth, the actual age it gives me is a year older than I actually am. Is this normal (ie they're doing how old I will be on entry) or something I need to worry about (although since they've got the correct DOB so it doesn't seem like too big a deal?)?
Also, a bit more worryingly, they've got my country of birth wrong (ie it says GBR when I was born in South Africa) and it hasn't given me a birth location (England has been my place of permanent residence for about 16 years though). Do I need to contact them about this or does it not matter? Thanks

They've got my country of birth as GBR too despite the fact it's UAE -_- haven't done anything about it though - did you?:P
Original post by white_o
They've got my country of birth as GBR too despite the fact it's UAE -_- haven't done anything about it though - did you?:P

I emailed them and they said that if I'm now classed as a home student and not as an international it would not affect my application, so I think you're all right.
Original post by ForeverDay
I emailed them and they said that if I'm now classed as a home student and not as an international it would not affect my application, so I think you're all right.

Ahh okay, thanks :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by white_o
Ahh okay, thanks :smile:

I would advise you to email/phone them just in case.
You dont want to end up getting an offer and not being able to come and study here cause of a stupid mistake hah.
Although it is probably nothing worrying, I would still let the people know
Do you think if you havent heard from them by now you probably wont?
Original post by Nottie
I would advise you to email/phone them just in case.
You dont want to end up getting an offer and not being able to come and study here cause of a stupid mistake hah.
Although it is probably nothing worrying, I would still let the people know

Hahaa true, okay thanks!:smile:
Have any of you heard anything recently? I would love to go to Nottingham and the suspense is killing me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pirate123
Have any of you heard anything recently? I would love to go to Nottingham and the suspense is killing me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems like they haven't sent any out in ages
Original post by Pirate123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, wait is killing me aswell lol
Reply 91
How many of their interviews do you reckon they've given out?
Have they even started giving out interviews?
Reply 93
Original post by Nikita Verma
Have they even started giving out interviews?

I thought they had given out a few cuz some people said they had received interviews I'm still hoping they have the majority left to give out yet tho
Reply 94
They've only sent out one batch. They'll continue to release them in groups until christmas.
Reply 95
Original post by calbold
They've only sent out one batch. They'll continue to release them in groups until christmas.

They've sent 2 batches, I got mine a few days after the first people did
Reply 96
Does anyone know whether your application is zeroed at interview? As in once we get to interview is selection based purely on the interview or do they use the other parts of your application as well?
Original post by Whizbox
Does anyone know whether your application is zeroed at interview? As in once we get to interview is selection based purely on the interview or do they use the other parts of your application as well?

This is what it says on their scoring documents for 2015:

"Applicants will be scored based on performance in each station. The scores will be totalled and applicants ranked and approximately 400 offers will be made. The UKCAT score will be used as a tie-breaker should applicants be equally ranked following interview."
Has anyone received interviews for January yet??
Original post by applewormy
Has anyone received interviews for January yet??

No, but on last years thread people were still getting interview invites in January so there's still a while to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending