The Student Room Group

[WEEKS LEFT: 23] What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by High Stakes
Well, if you refer to the contract - I think you'll find the answer yourself. :smile:

So, basically, failure is not an option... :cute: oh god.

Now. I hope you're smart enough to not bet your future on a Sixth Form / College relationship that may or may not last. Balance is key. :biggrin:

But... but... :love:
Why thank you. :smile:

How're you? Do you feel under pressure or are you managing well? Btw are you applying to UCAS this year?

You're most welcome, I don't hold back! :tongue:

I'm actually feeling a bit behind at the moment because of all the coursework I have had to do,but I'm getting there.I just need the christmas holidays to drown in my books and then I should be fine :redface:

I'm applying next year :smile:

How are youuuuu? :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion

Awww! XD XD
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Awww! XD XD

It is hard though, I struggle to concentrate on much else at the moment :cute:
Original post by Alexion
It is hard though, I struggle to concentrate on much else at the moment :cute:

Well at least your distraction is a happy one, I struggle to concentrate because I'm crying and my tears are ruining all my study guides.

Spoiler

Original post by Alexion
So, basically, failure is not an option... :cute: oh god.

No buts. I know, yes. Having a girlfriend is pretty nice, especially in the honeymoon period where everything is perfect and you two are infatuated with one another.

But do not make the mistake of risking your future over something that is not guaranteed. See the person in my avatar? Everiste Galois - Brilliant mathematician who died young at 20 because he entered a duel over a girl. It's an extreme example but just think about what more he could have done had he lived.
You're most welcome, I don't hold back! :tongue:

I'm actually feeling a bit behind at the moment because of all the coursework I have had to do,but I'm getting there.I just need the christmas holidays to drown in my books and then I should be fine :redface:

I'm applying next year :smile:

How are youuuuu? :h:

Applying next year? Ooo. If I remember right from speaking to you, you wanted to do law? Is that still right?

How come? Do you want to apply with your achieved grades instead? I guess that method is a lot less stressful.

I'm fantastic. Doing A level Math at the moment but today I've been procrastinating quite a bit (it's a teachers training day at my school).
A*A*A*A* :biggrin:
Applying next year? Ooo. If I remember right from speaking to you, you wanted to do law? Is that still right?

How come? Do you want to apply with your achieved grades instead? I guess that method is a lot less stressful.

I'm fantastic. Doing A level Math at the moment but today I've been procrastinating quite a bit (it's a teachers training day at my school).

Yep most likely law, and yes I want to apply with achieved grades. My AS grades weren't fantastic and I think I deserve a second shot at it if that makes sense.

It's teacher training day at my school too :tongue:, I have been completing my english and history coursework today!
Yep most likely law, and yes I want to apply with achieved grades. My AS grades weren't fantastic and I think I deserve a second shot at it if that makes sense.

It's teacher training day at my school too :tongue:, I have been completing my english and history coursework today!

Yeah, completely understand that. In fact, if I do meet my goals with high UMS, I'll probably apply for Oxbridge next year.

The pursuit of excellence is an honourable one. Hehehehe.

That's weird! Maybe teacher training days are the same depending on the area? I'm West Midlands tho.

What unis were you thinking of applying to if you get the grades you want?
Can you change mine (I'm on the list) from AAA to A*AA please. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm predicted AAB but i'm so determined to get A*AB (plus A in EPQ) for A2!
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm in a weird position as I'm doing 2 x AS levels and 1 x A2 level, so can I just agree to this with regards to only my one A2 level? (a)

If so, I'm aiming for an A* in it :redface:.
I need A*AA to get into Law at UCL.
At the moment, I'm not doing as great as I'd like (getting around ABB in practice tests....I want to be getting at least AAA in practice papers at home and mock exams in Jan!)
Anyone who has managed to knuckle down and get into their revision mojo- please let me know how a typical day goes in term of studying for you? Might help me realise just how much I'm slacking :colondollar: Thanks! x
(edited 8 years ago)
Is it too late for me to get AAAA in my as levels if I start studying now? Please I am so stressed everyone is telling me that I cant. Its not like I don't try its just not as much as I should be doing but am battling that now. Please have u had this experience? Thanks for responses beforehand
@High Stakes, can you add me to the list? A2: ABB :smile:

Just what I need to get into my dream University/course so I'd be ecstatic!

... and this thread has just made me feel sooooo thick. My grades are crap compared to everyone else's, and I'm never going to get them! *cries*
(edited 8 years ago)
A*A*A - fingers crossed, I really need to get into my dream university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emiloujess
@High Stakes, can you add me to the list? A2: ABB :smile:

Just what I need to get into my dream University/course so I'd be ecstatic!

... and this thread has just made me feel sooooo thick. My grades are crap compared to everyone else's, and I'm never going to get them! *cries*

ABB isn't 'crap' by any means. They are good results :smile:

Original post by PlayerBB
A*A*A - fingers crossed, I really need to get into my dream university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very nice - best of luck. Which is your dream university?
Original post by SeanFM

They're not, compared to the A*A*A*A* that I've seen repeatedly on here, and it's unlikely I'll even get them *cries*
Original post by SeanFM

Thank you and Bradford but since I am an international student, the competition is much higher :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest