The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by walrustrainer
Just got an offer from UCL! International applicant here

Lucky you :yes: congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by galatasaray1905
No I got it yesterday around 12 UK time. So I shouldn't worry too much that my PS is inadequate?

Nope, as if it was bad then people would have told you before you submitted it
Original post by Praveen101
Would you mind pming it? Sorrt if thats inapproriate.

No sorry man, but I can give you a detailed outline of what it contained :smile:
No sorry man, but I can give you a detailed outline of what it contained :smile:

Sure would appreciate that. How were your gcse and as and predixted a2 as well?
Application sent off on 30th Sept, Sat for LNAT on 23rd Sept

Congrats on hearing so soon! think you must be one of the first candidates to get an offer from UCL:smile:
Original post by Bobkata
Lucky you :yes: congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by IseeFire
Congrats on hearing so soon! think you must be one of the first candidates to get an offer from UCL:smile:

Thank you (:
Sure would appreciate that. How were your gcse and as and predixted a2 as well?

I am IB Diploma candidate. I was predicted 38 points overall with 7, 6, 6 on my Higher Level subjects. Sure, I will do that now.
Dude be happy that you have not heard from LSE yet. They rejected me 3 weeks after I applied. Since it's been more than that, it means they are considering you.

Aye, I'm sorry about LSE :frown:. I don't know, I wouldn't bet on it. Their entire procedure seems to be extremely randomly done.
Reply 488
Just got an offer from UCL! International applicant here

Congrats!
I got an offer from UCL a few hours ago, too!
No I got it yesterday around 12 UK time. So I shouldn't worry too much that my PS is inadequate?

I've yet to see anyone adequately or logically explain how exactly LSE's admissions system works. There was noteworthy correlation between those who got into Oxbridge and those who were rejected by LSE amongst my friends who applied last year. I'm sure there is some internal and consistent way of selecting candidates but to the outside their rejections can seem at times arbitrary.

They also seem to want extremely specific things out of the PS (as detailed on their website) that other unis might not even care about (such as career plans) and so your PS might be fabulous, just missing these things. This coupled with the fact that, as others have said, citing the PS, if the grades are fine, seems to be the routine rejection reason would lead me to think that your PS is fine. If you've had other offers and your teachers cleared it then I'd chalk it up to LSE being LSE. If memory serves me correctly you can press them for an exact reason by emailing them, you might have to go through your school though. A friend of mine with stellar grades and a brilliant PS was last year rejected for not seeming "commited enough" as they didn't have work experience (something I also don't have). So it can be reasons as silly as that at times.

Original post by Sense00
Congrats!

Congratulations!! Though I'm afraid I must now ask you the standard TSR question:

When did you two apply/sit your LNATs?

I applied just before the Oxbridge cut off in October and sat my LNAT early Nov and haven't heard back yet. I got an offer from Nottingham today (my least preferred uni, but hopefully a sign I didn't bomb the LNAT as they are one of the only unis I've seen who openly admit to having a fixed cut-off).
Original post by seeunexttuesday
I got an offer from Nottingham today (my least preferred uni, but hopefully a sign I didn't bomb the LNAT as they are one of the only unis I've seen who openly admit to having a fixed cut-off).

Nottingham has a fixed cut-off? Do you know what they've said it is? I received an offer too and knowing I didn't bomb the LNAT would be a relief, hah.
Original post by coalesce
Nottingham has a fixed cut-off? Do you know what they've said it is? I received an offer too and knowing I didn't bomb the LNAT would be a relief, hah.

"At The University of Nottingham, we use a cut-off LNAT score below which an offer will not be made, but this score varies each year."

I feel I should clarify, I meant fixed in the sense that it isn't candidate specific. But they haven't said exactly what it is this year or last. Sorry I couldn't help! (I doubt you bombed if you got an offer haha, well done btw :~) ).
Original post by Sense00
Congrats!

Same here, got one yesterday!
Reply 493
Anyone got an offer from Manchester?
I applied to Cardiff, Exeter, Warwick, Southampton and Sheffield on the 10th of November, and so far have offers from Sheffield (Law and Criminology AAB), Southampton (Law with International Legal Studies AAB), and Cardiff (Law and Criminology AAB) last night which is my first choice :smile:)
Original post by Bobkata
Damn..you should contact them. Do you hold any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, not sure what the process is to get feedback is, though. Got an offer from Leeds and an interview from Cambridge.
What are your subjects at a level

Maths, Spanish and Law
Original post by Ellie504
I applied to Cardiff, Exeter, Warwick, Southampton and Sheffield on the 10th of November, and so far have offers from Sheffield (Law and Criminology AAB), Southampton (Law with International Legal Studies AAB), and Cardiff (Law and Criminology AAB) last night which is my first choice :smile:)

Hey, got an offer from Warwick last week and sent my app on the same day as you - do you mind me asking your A level grades?
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
Hey, got an offer from Warwick last week and sent my app on the same day as you - do you mind me asking your A level grades?

Hey, I got AABC in Law, Sociology, Psych and History (1 ums off A in psychology), am predicted A*AA at the moment, how about you? Did you apply for straight law at Warwick? I applied for study abroad in English too.
Original post by Sense00
Congrats!

When did you apply? I sent my offer on 18/11/15 and sat my LNAT on 25/11.. When should I expect an offer/rejection from UCL :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending