The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by kmdxx
Hi! I applied for both Kings and SBLU too. How long did you have to wait until you received an offer?

They called me for an invite the day after I sent my application, I'm sure you can reschedule on of them! Just ring the uni up, I'm sure that they'll understand :smile:
Reply 1021
Original post by Luce0506
Adult nursing what about you?? :biggrin:

Same! I might see you then :smile:
Original post by BuckleyJ
Hi,

I've applied for nursing - child branch at:
- Sheffield Hallam
- Birmingham City
- University of Northampton
- Edge Hill
- De Montfort (Leicester)

I received an interview invitation from Birmingham City that day after sending my application:biggrin: which is on 22nd January
I also received an interview invitation from Edge Hill for 8th January

Has anyone heard from any of these uni's or had any interviews? What were the interviews like? I'm sooo nervous! :frown:

Good luck to you all with your applications!! :smile:

Hey, have you heard anything from Northampton? I have applied there as first choice, have you had your Numeracy Tests yet as I have just completed it? x
Original post by Elysia Sykes
Hey, have you heard anything from Northampton? I have applied there as first choice, have you had your Numeracy Tests yet as I have just completed it? x

No I haven't heard anything from Northampton yet, was the numeracy test hard? Good luck with your application!x
Revise! It's quite hard but you can have a calculator, you don't get told your results so I have no idea if I passed or failed 😂 X
Original post by 2coolf2456
Is that the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, just the tests. x
Original post by mitalj
Same! I might see you then :smile:

Hopefully! How are you feeling and how are you preparing for it?
I'm sure you did well! Do you get sent the numeracy test before getting invited to an interview?x
Yes a numeracy and literacy test, literacy was easy but numeracy was quite hard x
Hello everyone!

I had applied to Kings, Southampton, Surrey, Bristol and Oxford Brookes and received interview offer for all of them...thankfully... as I am terrible at interviews so I get 5 chances I suppose. My ultimate goal is Surrey but honestly I will be happy to receive at least one offer.

Good luck to you all!
Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself as I'm applying for Child Nursing at Brighton, Cumbria, Nottingham, Southampton and Child and Mental health dual course at Oxford Brookes. I applied last year and got 4/5 offers but didn't meet the entry requirements unfortunately!

I'm currently studying a Certificate of Higher Education at the University of Cumbria in working with children and families which is worth 120 UCAS points so along with my A-level grades (BDE and C at AS) the uni's I've applied to have said they'll consider me (I put Nottingham as my firm last year and Brookes as my insurance)

I sent off my application on the 17th November and have an interview for Brighton next Wednesday (2nd December) and hoping to hear back from the others soon. Fingers crossed this year works out better than last!
Good luck everyone
I'm doing Paediatric Nursing
Applying to Manchester, Surrey, Queen's Belfast, Northumbria and Edinburgh Napier x
Had an offer from the University of Leeds today, now just waiting to hear something from Sheffield Hallam before I make my decision :smile:
UCAS received my application November 24th, I got an email from one of my choices that they received my application on the same day. Still no word from my other choice that they have received my application - do all universities email us when they receive the application or not?
Original post by Nanodae
UCAS received my application November 24th, I got an email from one of my choices that they received my application on the same day. Still no word from my other choice that they have received my application - do all universities email us when they receive the application or not?

Not all, Salford never sent an email about receiving my application they only contacted me when they gave me an interview offer
Original post by katienursing2015
Not all, Salford never sent an email about receiving my application they only contacted me when they gave me an interview offer

Ah okay, no need for me to worry then :smile: thanks.
just received an offer for Sheffield Hallam after my interview a week ago, 3/4 of my unis have given me offers now, just waiting on Keele😃🎉
Original post by ciaracross
just received an offer for Sheffield Hallam after my interview a week ago, 3/4 of my unis have given me offers now, just waiting on Keele😃🎉

OH MY GOD THAT'S AMAZING. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!:biggrin:
Do you know which one you are wanting to go to?
Original post by Lorna Birch
OH MY GOD THAT'S AMAZING. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!:biggrin:
Do you know which one you are wanting to go to?

thank you so much omg😊😊😊 Uni of Liverpool as my firm and John Moores as insurance I think!😄 x
Original post by ciaracross
thank you so much omg😊😊😊 Uni of Liverpool as my firm and John Moores as insurance I think!😄 x

AWW COOL :bumps::chaplin::clap2:
Enjoy yourself and make the most of it because I hear it goes really fast like it was yesterday!
You'll do great. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending