The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Really interesting interview format, didn't expect that! Oh and Juliet in case you remember me, I'm the guy who didn't know anything about the questionnaire :smile:
How long does everyone think we'll have to wait before we find out?
Original post by arnoldschnitzel
Really interesting interview format, didn't expect that! Oh and Juliet in case you remember me, I'm the guy who didn't know anything about the questionnaire :smile:

People last year got offers and rejections mid-December I think, and some people were held in reserve.

This time, I think they said that they'll aim to get back to everyone by the end of Jan. They are interviewing more people this year so maybe that's had an impact.

Basically, I have no idea but I'm trying to shift my focus elsewhere for now.

Hey! How did you find the interview??
Original post by JulietR
Hey! How did you find the interview??

I think it went fairly well actually, I got quite a nice set of ethical scenarios, and the unrelated questions were okay as well, the nerves want fast! How about you?
I think it went fairly well actually, I got quite a nice set of ethical scenarios, and the unrelated questions were okay as well, the nerves want fast! How about you?

Yeah it was alright, I felt it was a little rushed and I could've expanded a bit more but overall it was okay :smile:
Reply 265
Interview is only decider or will consider overall in getting offers?
Original post by kkmay
Interview is only decider or will consider overall in getting offers?

I think they said that after interview the offers are solely based on interview performance unless a tie break situation.
Not sure how to feel about that lol :frown:
Reply 268
Original post by sumeyyatontus
Not sure how to feel about that lol :frown:

Me too :frown:
Original post by 10nasir
Me too :frown:

I was so so nervous that I just couldn't think properly, and now I'm thinking of all the things I wish I said :frown:
I was so so nervous that I just couldn't think properly, and now I'm thinking of all the things I wish I said :frown:

That's normal; everyone's the same. I bet you did fine.

Exactly the same with me, I rushed my answers where I should have stopped and thought first :frown: bit gutted now but there we go
My interview was v.short too, regret not expanding on answers :frown: Less than 3 weeks till the fate is most likely decided
Don't worry guys we're all in the same boat. Don't know if any of you are the same but after any exam/interview I always feel like I've screwed up but now I'm just at the point where I try not to overthink it :smile: I'm sure we've all done well enough, everyone I met today came across really well
Reply 274
Interview batch all done, well done everyone and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalts
Interview batch all done, well done everyone and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, what do you mean interview batch all done? Are they not sending out anymore?
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
Wait, what do you mean interview batch all done? Are they not sending out anymore?

There's another batch of interviews in February :smile:
Original post by lightwoXd
There's another batch of interviews in February :smile:

Oh ok, thank you:smile:
Everyone who I met at my interview on the 27th was so nice and friendly! Wish I had gotten people's names! If the medical school had to choose us on personality alone, they would have such a tough time choosing I swear!
Does anyone else feel like they want to know before xmas but at the same time they don't? I really want to know if I got in, but at the same time I am so sure that I mucked up my interview really badly that I don't want to find out and ruin xmas! Hahaa :')
In any case, good luck to everyone! *fingers crossed...and toes...and arms...and legs...*
Original post by hopefulmedic2597
Everyone who I met at my interview on the 27th was so nice and friendly! Wish I had gotten people's names! If the medical school had to choose us on personality alone, they would have such a tough time choosing I swear!
Does anyone else feel like they want to know before xmas but at the same time they don't? I really want to know if I got in, but at the same time I am so sure that I mucked up my interview really badly that I don't want to find out and ruin xmas! Hahaa :')
In any case, good luck to everyone! *fingers crossed...and toes...and arms...and legs...*

Lol I agree with you, I really want to know now but at the same time I have a feeling it could be bad news. Just have to try and remain optimistic, everyone may surprise themselves - probably went better than we think! When exactly are we told whether we've got an offer or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest