The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PlaneovertheSea
Theres also the Oxford Tube. Its a bus service as well. They are much cheaper and have busses every 15 mins or so. But all of the stops are somewhere around the Marble Arch tube station so you would have to go into the city - which could be quite nice if you have the time and haven't been to London.

Thanks, but I only have 4 hours between the time that my plane lands and when I am required to check in at Hertford.
I applied to Trinity for PPE with IB predicted scores. 38 without core points. I think I did well on the TSA, I was getting high 60s-70s in the practice ones. I haven't heard anything from Trinity, but neither has anyone else I've talked to. I called today and they told me that the admissions office is closed on the weekends, so I should call back Monday morning if I haven't heard, which is what I plan on doing. If anyone needs the number it's +44 1865 279900. Has anyone from Trinity heard back for PPE?
Rejected for E&M with 10A*s GCSE, 5 As AS level and 4A* predictions. Done all practise TSA papers with an average of above 70 scaled, worked through Thinking Skills by John Butterworth and Geoff Braithwaite, done 10 practise essays. Had to guess a few on the real TSA and wasted time deciding which question to do for the essay and so didn't finish. I question whether judging candidates on one exam out of the 30 or so they have taken previously, is the best way considering exa can just go bad on the day.
Original post by DanielKirrane
YAAAAAAAAY got an interview for Chemistry at Exeter!!!

Did u just receive it?
Has anyone else got an interview at Jesus?? I've got one for his pol :smile:)))
Original post by PleaseSmile
Anyone heard from LMH about E&M ?????

I phoned them. LMH has said that all decisions with regards to the Economics and Management will be released early next week. When pushed for a specific day, they hoped it would be sent out on Monday.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ZYCJASON
Did u just receive it?

On Thursday :smile:
Original post by vossari
I applied to Trinity for PPE with IB predicted scores. 38 without core points. I think I did well on the TSA, I was getting high 60s-70s in the practice ones. I haven't heard anything from Trinity, but neither has anyone else I've talked to. I called today and they told me that the admissions office is closed on the weekends, so I should call back Monday morning if I haven't heard, which is what I plan on doing. If anyone needs the number it's +44 1865 279900. Has anyone from Trinity heard back for PPE?

Well I applied for E&M at Trinity and haven't heard back as well. I guess they are slower than most colleges in giving out interviews
Original post by mechanism
Really? I've looked at some of them and they're really quite difficult. I've just been cementing all my A level Bio/Chem knowledge and reading over PS-related things. I'm not even sure what's likely to be asked - Organic Chemistry or purely Biology? Or a mix of both? Prob. the latter. I'm trying not to over-prepare/cram information (as difficult as it is - it really feels like I'm prepping for an exam haha).

-Sorry, I just realised you're applying for Chemistry. I'm assuming we fall into similar categories and we'll both be asked lots of Organic Chem!

From what I've seen I've realised we'd be unlikely to face a question based on our PS. They are not looking for the right answer or knowledge (so I'm not learning much extra stuff..) but your "academic potential" I guess.. so I'm trying to do questions that make me think :biggrin: :biggrin:
for interviews, is it better to arrive on the night before to get settled in or to just arrive on the morning?
(I've been invited 10th-12th December and I'm debating whether or not to come on the night of the 9th)
:smile:
Original post by rêverie
for interviews, is it better to arrive on the night before to get settled in or to just arrive on the morning?
(I've been invited 10th-12th December and I'm debating whether or not to come on the night of the 9th)

It's better to arrive the night before by at least 6pm. This was the advice given to me by the college that has invited me because interviews can start at 9pm on the day you've been told they start (10th Dec). However, in your email/letter, it should tell you when to arrive. It is highly unlikely that the college will not let you stay the night before but it's usually specified!
Original post by rêverie

I'm arriving the night before- which is a Sunday night! I just think it will be nice to meet people and get a feel for the place😀
Original post by 9dobbo1
Guys I applied to Exeter College and yesterday I phoned them and they said that successful applicants had already been emailed and that rejections were in the post. I haven't heard anything so I assume I've been rejected... It might be the same for you :/

Did they say they'd already emailed successful applicants for all subjects or just for what you're applying for? Haven't received anything yet either so I'm probably in the same boat as you...sucks :frown:
Original post by ArtilleryArthur
Congratulations to you my fellow English applicant! I'm arriving the 6th and staying until the 9th, and you?

I'm arriving on the 6th and staying till the 9th!! I might see you😊
Is anyone interviewing at St Benet's Hall?
Original post by Eznomics
Well I applied for E&M at Trinity and haven't heard back as well. I guess they are slower than most colleges in giving out interviews

Thanks! It's good to know I'm not the only one :smile: Who knew Oxford would be this disorganised!
Original post by rêverie

im definitely going down the evening before....admissions have to show you some stuff so you can get all that out to way, and you only have one thing to think about the next day.

Imagine all the things that could stress you out travelling on the day. I'd cry each time I came to a traffic light :biggrin:
medicine
4.9 4.7 2A
12A* 1A
what are my chances
be honest
Original post by Ghazn Khan
medicine
4.9 4.7 2A
12A* 1A
what are my chances
be honest

Unlikely. BMAT score isn't too strong, and that's the defining factor. Of course, there's always a chance, but I would prepare myself for disappointment and start exploring other options, because at least then 1) Oxford cannot fail your expectations and 2) you've got alternatives to take on.
Am I the only one arriving on the morning of my first day of interviews? I couldn't find a decent flight the night before and now I'm scared there will be an issue... :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending