The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys I got an interview for Christchurch Law a while ago, is anyone else going for interview for the same course? Or at least the same college? :') Haven't seen many similar applicants on this thread is all!
Original post by mazzaion
Am I the only one arriving on the morning of my first day of interviews? I couldn't find a decent flight the night before and now I'm scared there will be an issue... :frown:

It just might be a little stressful for you to settle in as interviews can start early. However, if you definitely cannot arrive earlier then it's okay, it's just not recommended. Oxford schedule things in a way that if you are flighting in then they're prepared if you're late. You must contact then admissions tutor if you think you will be. If not, it's just things like not wanting you to be tired and having time to chat to people interviewing as well. Usually the tutors will take you and everyone interviewing for your subject into a room and explain what is going to happen before hand. This is something you might miss and is just to get you settled in. PLEASE DON'T WORRY! You'll do absolutely fine and there will be people in the same boat as you. If you feel specially worried about arriving too close to when your interview starts then email the senior tutor at the college you're interviewing at and explain. THEY WANT YOU TO DO WELL and will help as much as they can!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jamesmeg3
Does it mean I'm a weaker applicant or is it random

no it just means that you are a strong applicant, but that your original college was over-subscribed, so they gave your application to another college who is obviously interested in you
If you look at the interview timetables, it specifies by when you should get there. You should be fine if you get there by the specified time. Here's the link in case you don't have it: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/interview-timetable
Original post by Alinakhan
It just might be a little stressful for you to settle in as interviews can start early. However, if you definitely cannot arrive earlier then it's okay, it's just not recommended. Oxford schedule things in a way that if you are flighting in then they're prepared if you're late. You must contact then admissions tutor if you think you will be. If not, it's just things like not wanting you to be tired and having time to chat to people interviewing as well. Usually the tutors will take you and everyone interviewing for your subject into a room and explain what is going to happen before hand. This is something you might miss and is just to get you settled in. PLEASE DON'T WORRY! You'll do absolutely fine and there will be people in the same boat as you. If you feel specially worried about arriving too close to when your interview starts then email the senior tutor at the college you're interviewing at and explain. THEY WANT YOU TO DO WELL and will help as much as they can!

Thank you so much, I'll definitely email them!
Anyone going to be there from the 6th till the 8/9th? I'm in Trinity!! Message me!
Original post by mazzaion
Thank you so much, I'll definitely email them!

That's okay! All will be great :biggrin:
Original post by anomalouse
Did they say they'd already emailed successful applicants for all subjects or just for what you're applying for? Haven't received anything yet either so I'm probably in the same boat as you...sucks :frown:

Just PPE
Original post by 9dobbo1
Just PPE

Ok, I'm waiting for English and Modern Languages so there's still some hope lol have you heard back yet?
Original post by mna_98
Hey guys I got an interview for Christchurch Law a while ago, is anyone else going for interview for the same course? Or at least the same college? :':wink: Haven't seen many similar applicants on this thread is all!

Christchurch as well! But for PPL, not law. I'm pretty nervous, you?
Reply 8010
Original post by Eznomics
Well I applied for E&M at Trinity and haven't heard back as well. I guess they are slower than most colleges in giving out interviews

Could be a good sign, predicted same as you (41/45) and got rejected by St. Hilda's for E&M. Could you let me know if you get an interview?
Has anybody gotten a rejection for Medicine? If so, could you mention your stats and college?
Reply 8012
Original post by gkallikas
Has anybody gotten a rejection for Medicine? If so, could you mention your stats and college?

I haven't seen anything yet and I've been trolling this thread since yesterday :smile: what are your stats?
Original post by NamEJ
I haven't seen anything yet and I've been trolling this thread since yesterday :smile: what are your stats?

BMAT: 63.5%
A-Levels (completed): 3A* 3A (A*s in Bio, Chem and Maths)
IGCSEs: 7A* 2A 2B

I'm kind of worried about my IGCSE scores (which is why I've also been trolling to see if anyone's got a rejection) and I hope my A-Levels will save me there, but I guess whatever happens happens. You?
anyone got an interview at Exeter college for MATHS?
Original post by tenstemsandroses
Christchurch as well! But for PPL, not law. I'm pretty nervous, you?

Well done! I'm mainly worried bc I've never studied law like most other applicants but they might ask questions that they expect me to have researched and know but I don't :/ It's such a successful college as well I'd be surprised if I get an offer in the end... I'm sure u will be fine tho, good luck and congrats again!!
Original post by kitttsy
Anyone going to be there from the 6th till the 8/9th? I'm in Trinity!! Message me!

You got an invitation from Trinity? Could you let me know for what subject and when you were invited? Not sure if they've only sent out invitations and not rejections... I've applied too but haven't heard anything. Thanks!
Anybody got an interview for Mansfield college Arabic and Islamic studies??
Original post by mna_98
Hey guys I got an interview for Christchurch Law a while ago, is anyone else going for interview for the same course? Or at least the same college? :':wink: Haven't seen many similar applicants on this thread is all!

Congrats.

Did you get email about interview today-I mean on Saturday?
Original post by vossari
You got an invitation from Trinity? Could you let me know for what subject and when you were invited? Not sure if they've only sent out invitations and not rejections... I've applied too but haven't heard anything. Thanks!

Yes yes of course, bare in mind I originally applied to Pembroke but got transferred to Trinity due to oversubscription.
I received my invitation on Wednesday and Im applying to read Philosophy and Theology. What did you apply for and best of luck!