The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything about maths at Balliol college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kitttsy
Yes yes of course, bare in mind I originally applied to Pembroke but got transferred to Trinity due to oversubscription.
I received my invitation on Wednesday and Im applying to read Philosophy and Theology. What did you apply for and best of luck!

I applied for PPE, Trinity from the start but haven't heard anything! Thank you, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck in your interview :smile:
Original post by vossari
I applied for PPE, Trinity from the start but haven't heard anything! Thank you, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck in your interview :smile:

PPE ooo tough one, really hope to meet you there!
Original post by NamEJ
Any idea when we'll find out if we're in for interview?

The 2nd of December is the date they gave us in the acknowledgement email
Reply 8024
Original post by not you
The 2nd of December is the date they gave us in the acknowledgement email

Reply 8025
Original post by TaliaG
Well done, and good luck with everything too! I am really excited to start the Russian! To prepare, I am familiarising myself with how the language works so that I have a general knowledge (case system, types of verbs etc). I'm also re-reading the books on my personal statement, looking at current events, etc. I'm not sure what else to do. What about you with the Portuguese?

I'd recommend that you read some texts in translation! Like One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich - it's really good and quite short... But you might have already read it aha :smile:
Yeah I've started doing the Portuguese Duolingo course and I've read some Brazilian short stories! I'm so nervous but really excited too
Reply 8026
Original post by Vonny0123
Anyone heard anything about maths at Balliol college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting for the same thing. They haven't let anyone for maths know yet (from their update page) but it looks like they'll let us know on Monday. Good luck!
Original post by kitttsy
PPE ooo tough one, really hope to meet you there!

I'll let you know if I get an invitation :smile: If I do, just look out for the guy who's really happy he got invited (might be more than one of those...)
What are E&M applicants doing to prepare for interview??
Original post by Christoph987
Do Keble college only send out letters for interview/rejections and no email?

Yeah sadly its only letters for UK applicants I think, what are you applying for?
Original post by kind3110
Congrats.

Did you get email about interview today-I mean on Saturday?

Hey :smile: law interviewee here! Trinity college
Original post by cathyobrien98
Yeah sadly its only letters for UK applicants I think, what are you applying for?

ah that's a shame its going to be a longer wait then, and Maths.
Original post by colourtheory
This is so misleading!!!! I "only" achieved 2A*'s and 6A's at GCSE and yet have a place to study at Oxford in October. There is NO USE applying to a university based upon rumours which suggest that they look more closely at GCSEs... bear in mind that Oxford have the benefit of additional admissions tests so they look at much more than your GCSEs which are surpassed in the main by your A-Level results / predictions. Sorry for my tone but I really wouldn't limit yourself because of what you have heard! Goodluck!

They do look at GCSEs more and obviously other stuff but they look at GCSEs more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
They do look at GCSEs more and obviously other stuff but they look at GCSEs more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop with this "they look at your GCSE's"; they do but as a means of showing your overall performance/improvement. I spoke to one girl that studies at Oxford and she happened to get few D's and C's at GCSE level. If you happen to get A's at post secondary level - it is clearly a sign of improvement so your GCSE's become irrelevant. Your GCSE's are only likely to be used in cases whereby you have not done your AS, in such circumstances those will be correlated with your admission test performance and your predicted grades. Now, after giving youse this lecture, please refrain yourself from eliciting any "GCSE's are important" bs 😆😇
Original post by neevadesai
Hey :smile: law interviewee here! Trinity college

when did you get your interview email ?
Have any non-UK applicants received their decisions by mail? I'm afraid I was rejected because some other Trinity applicants have received invitations. Any PPE candidates that received interviews at Trinity?
Original post by Look,Yes,But,See
Wow that is really impressive - you must be one of the cleverest at Eton to get a place at Westminster 6th form. Well done. Amazing!

1st answer: I wasn't posing about me -
but yes, tbh - I am considered by staff to be one of the cleverest.

2nd answer : In case you're just another loser try to be being sarcastic -
f*** off and good luck with your tosspot - simple non-competitive going nowhere classics degree.
Original post by patricio_miguel
Stop with this "they look at your GCSE's"; they do but as a means of showing your overall performance/improvement. I spoke to one girl that studies at Oxford and she happened to get few D's and C's at GCSE level. If you happen to get A's at post secondary level - it is clearly a sign of improvement so your GCSE's become irrelevant. Your GCSE's are only likely to be used in cases whereby you have not done your AS, in such circumstances those will be correlated with your admission test performance and your predicted grades. Now, after giving youse this lecture, please refrain yourself from eliciting any "GCSE's are important" bs 😆😇

You're not changing my mind haha I think they do and they are known to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we have to pay for the meals and accommodations provided during interview ?
Original post by Ulysses98
Do we have to pay for the meals and accommodations provided during interview ?

No!

Latest

Trending

Trending