The Student Room Group

Pinsent Masons Gap Year 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mini Mina
Hi guys,
I just found out about this opportunity today :frown:
Does anyone know if the deadline has passed.

Hi there, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but for 2016 the Gap Year application has passed but there are still opportunities such as the Work Experience Placement that are still open to application so if you're still interested there is that!
Original post by Salsa123
Hi there, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but for 2016 the Gap Year application has passed but there are still opportunities such as the Work Experience Placement that are still open to application so if you're still interested there is that!

Thanks for your reply.
Do you happen to know other law firms that carry out gap year schemes.
Original post by Mini Mina
Thanks for your reply.
Do you happen to know other law firms that carry out gap year schemes.

Unfortunately the only one really advertised for those who haven't studied at university yet and still pay was the Pinsent Masons one as far as I'm aware (I kind of gave up on digging after going through various forums and advice sites). In this case it really is hit and miss, you might have to just hope for some kind of work placement at a law firm (through a general enquiry) or depend on something like Projects Abroad. Again the only one that I know of that is readily available for prospective undergraduates and willing to pay is Pinsent Masons.
I got an interview!

Wednesday at the London office:biggrin:

I hope it's better than the disaster of an assessment day I had at Allen and Overy before the summer...
Went did u receive the email from them?
Original post by arks_007
Went did u receive the email from them?

I received the email from them at 2:45 today, and I booked my interview slot straight after.

I'm waiting for my confirmation email with further details now.
I've applied to the London one and heard nothing :/
And when did you apply to pinsent masons. I havent heard yet also bur i applied a day before the deadline.
I applied on the 13th of November. So only a couple of weeks ago.
Reply 29
I'm currently on the scheme at a regional office. Feel free to ask me any questions although you'll probably be able to talk to one of us anyway if you get an interview.
Original post by ronmcd
I'm currently on the scheme at a regional office. Feel free to ask me any questions although you'll probably be able to talk to one of us anyway if you get an interview.

Do all the interview invites go out at the same time for each office, some have Invites for the London office but I've not received anything?
Reply 31
Original post by ronmcd

Roughly how long after the deadline did they contact you about interviews?
Reply 32
Original post by JodieHarriett18
Do all the interview invites go out at the same time for each office, some have Invites for the London office but I've not received anything?

Sorry, I'm not totally sure. HR is centralised but at the same time I doubt they send the interview offers all at once.
Reply 33
Original post by Ryan7926
Roughly how long after the deadline did they contact you about interviews?

I submitted on the deadline date (21 November) and got offered an interview on the 25th. Interview dates varied by office but were generally ~10 December for regional and ~4 December for London and Scotland. I have no idea what the dates are for this year.
Original post by ronmcd
I submitted on the deadline date (21 November) and got offered an interview on the 25th. Interview dates varied by office but were generally ~10 December for regional and ~4 December for London and Scotland. I have no idea what the dates are for this year.

I submitted mine on the day of the deadline and I've not heard anything? Does that mean I have been unsuccessful? Would be a bit last minute :/
I've just read my email and I have an interview in London on Wednesday :smile:
Just to be sure, dress code is professional right?
Has anyone heard from Manchester or Birmingham yet...?
Original post by karishmaxo
I've just read my email and I have an interview in London on Wednesday :smile:
Just to be sure, dress code is professional right?

I would always go for professional better to be safe than sorry if they haven't specified although it does seem the most likely choice anyway. Best of luck with your interview!
Original post by Salsa123
I would always go for professional better to be safe than sorry if they haven't specified although it does seem the most likely choice anyway. Best of luck with your interview!

I think you're right :smile:
Thanks a lot
Original post by ronmcd

Hi,

Can you describe what the assessment day is like and what it involves?

I don't really know what to expect:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest