The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've received a PPE interview! I'd be highly grateful (as would others), if you could give any tips/hints on what to expect etc etc

Thank you and good luck to everyone else :smile:
Original post by Imaanc
I'm waiting for the same thing. They haven't let anyone for maths know yet (from their update page) but it looks like they'll let us know on Monday. Good luck!

You too! So much tension waiting, just want it to be over :wink:
Has anyone of Electrical Engineering(post PAT) got interview mail or rejection mail?
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
You're not changing my mind haha I think they do and they are known to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you guys will eventually find out when you get your decisions.
My email said that I should need to be in the college for two days, but possibly four.

Would it only be 4 if I get pooled by another college?
Original post by kind3110
when did you get your interview email ?

21st November
Original post by gkallikas
BMAT: 63.5%
A-Levels (completed): 3A* 3A (A*s in Bio, Chem and Maths)
IGCSEs: 7A* 2A 2B

I'm kind of worried about my IGCSE scores (which is why I've also been trolling to see if anyone's got a rejection) and I hope my A-Levels will save me there, but I guess whatever happens happens. You?

Can't you go on the Oxford website and read that interview won't come out for Medicine until Dec 4.
Original post by bobbybob12
Rejected for E&M with 10A*s GCSE, 5 As AS level and 4A* predictions. Done all practise TSA papers with an average of above 70 scaled, worked through Thinking Skills by John Butterworth and Geoff Braithwaite, done 10 practise essays. Had to guess a few on the real TSA and wasted time deciding which question to do for the essay and so didn't finish. I question whether judging candidates on one exam out of the 30 or so they have taken previously, is the best way considering exa can just go bad on the day.

Sorry, but Oxford isn't the end. There are many other good universities out there.
Does anybody know what they mean when they say that you must stay until 10 o clock but may be required to stay until later that day? How late is later that day?
What time should I book my flight?
Original post by kind3110
Congrats.

Did you get email about interview today-I mean on Saturday?

Nope I got the email inviting me to interview on November 18th :smile:
Original post by scblx
Does anybody know what they mean when they say that you must stay until 10 o clock but may be required to stay until later that day? How late is later that day?
What time should I book my flight?

It means that you're absolutely needed until 10, but if you're invited for interview by another college or something, they may want you to stay after that time. The admission office at Wadham said it would be safe to book my train after 7:30pm on that day
Haven't really thought about it, but I'd love Merton or Brasenose!
What is RSVP? :biggrin:
It's mentioned in my interview invitation:
Please can you confirm you have received this information and plan to attend your interview by e-mailing an RSVP and a passport-sized photograph for ID purposes.
How important are predicted grades, what are everyone's predicted grades for PPE applicants?
Got an interview at Keble for geography today!
Original post by Nancy97
What is RSVP? :biggrin:
It's mentioned in my interview invitation:
Please can you confirm you have received this information and plan to attend your interview by e-mailing an RSVP and a passport-sized photograph for ID purposes.

Réspondez s'il vous plait - 'please reply as soon as possible!'
Original post by PPEkeble
How important are predicted grades, what are everyone's predicted grades for PPE applicants?

I assume you mean IB. I had 38/42, which isn't that great, but their requirements are 38/39 with core points, so I'm quite a bit above that.
Original post by mazzaion
Haven't really thought about it, but I'd love Merton or Brasenose!

I'd love Worcester or Brasenose, but honestly all the colleges are great. Right now I have received nothing from Oxford, neither a rejection nor an invitation.
I'd love Christ Church, New, St John's or Trinity :smile: Only because they're the only other ones I visited on the open day haha
Did anyone receive their invitations today? Do you think that you could still be invited if you haven't received anything yet? And does anyone think that, being a non-UK applicant, I might still get it in the post? I'm traveling and get back tomorrow night, but I doubt I'll have a little letter in my mailbox, as all my friends have received theirs by email!

Latest

Trending

Trending