The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone who has applied to Gray's Inn Tax Chambers in previous years know what format they want applications to be in? (CV+Covering letter, posted rather than emailed, was my guess). I know that I could contact the clerks to find out but perhaps someone already knows :smile:
Original post by Forum User
Does anyone who has applied to Gray's Inn Tax Chambers in previous years know what format they want applications to be in? (CV+Covering letter, posted rather than emailed, was my guess). I know that I could contact the clerks to find out but perhaps someone already knows :smile:

Not sure, but that sounds about right. Their mini apps use the same format, so as no other info is given on the website, I'm assuming that's it. I would still contact the clerks just in case anyway, as Pump Court Tax, for example, are changing their format to just CV+covering letter this year (no mini-essay).
Original post by LadyLaw23
Not sure, but that sounds about right. Their mini apps use the same format, so as no other info is given on the website, I'm assuming that's it. I would still contact the clerks just in case anyway, as Pump Court Tax, for example, are changing their format to just CV+covering letter this year (no mini-essay).

Good news about Pump Court. I hadn't checked their website in a while and was dreading writing some dross about whether there's a moral obligation to pay tax...
Original post by Forum User
Good news about Pump Court. I hadn't checked their website in a while and was dreading writing some dross about whether there's a moral obligation to pay tax...

Indeed :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by The Barista
Anyone know when Guildhall announce post 1st round?

Did you hear from Guuildhall yesterday?
Reply 25
Original post by Tiny92
Did you hear from Guuildhall yesterday?

I was going to ask the same question. I haven't heard either, but will probably ring this evening if still nothing.
Reply 26
Original post by JDHLaw
I was going to ask the same question. I haven't heard either, but will probably ring this evening if still nothing.

Ms Baddeley said she would let candidates know very soon. Said yesterday apparently. So who knows
Reply 27
Original post by JDHLaw

Did you call them to ask?
Reply 28
Original post by Tiny92
Did you call them to ask?

I did and I got one of the clerks who said he didn't know. Sorry
Reply 29
Original post by JDHLaw
I did and I got one of the clerks who said he didn't know. Sorry

Fair no worries. I know they're undecided about the date of second round interviews
Original post by Tiny92
Fair no worries. I know they're undecided about the date of second round interviews

So essentially no news = good news... Or do you think they've sent out rejections?
Reply 31
So essentially no news = good news... Or do you think they've sent out rejections?

To be honest. I think with pupillage stuff. No news is just no news. Who knows.
Reply 32

Best to forget until you hear either way. No one can predict what they are doing
Reply 33
Original post by JDHLaw

Guildhall is out apparently. Have you heard???
Reply 34
Original post by Tiny92
Guildhall is out apparently. Have you heard???

Nope. Who'd you hear from ?
Reply 35
Was on the 2015 forum. Hope it isn't someone trolling
I'm not sure I believe that previous post on the 2015 forum. As they don't seem the kind of place to reject via silence.
Reply 37
I'm not sure I believe that previous post on the 2015 forum. As they don't seem the kind of place to reject via silence.

I know for a fact that they're not that kind of set. Maybe they're doing batches or something.
Does anyone know if New Square Chambers' site is correct in saying that the 23 Jan deadline is for pupillage in 2016, or this a typo whereby it's meant to say 2017?!

http://www.newsquarechambers.co.uk/Pupillage/Pupillage.aspx
Original post by LadyLaw23
Does anyone know if New Square Chambers' site is correct in saying that the 23 Jan deadline is for pupillage in 2016, or this a typo whereby it's meant to say 2017?!

http://www.newsquarechambers.co.uk/Pupillage/Pupillage.aspx

Given that it says 23 Jan 2015 as the deadline, I'd guess they just haven't updated their website yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending