The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bulbawill
Réspondez s'il vous plait - 'please reply as soon as possible!'

Not so familiar with French! Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Alinakhan
Is anyone interviewing at St Benet's Hall?

Yes, I am!!! I got reallocated there from Brasenose for PPE.. What's your subject?
Original post by vossari
Did anyone receive their invitations today? Do you think that you could still be invited if you haven't received anything yet? And does anyone think that, being a non-UK applicant, I might still get it in the post? I'm traveling and get back tomorrow night, but I doubt I'll have a little letter in my mailbox, as all my friends have received theirs by email!

It appears that some colleges have not yet sent all their invitations. I, for one, have not seen one mention of anyone who applied to study the subject for which I applied to study at the college to which I applied to study that subject receiving his or her invitation, so I assume that that college has not yet sent all its invitations.

Out of curiosity: From where are you applying? I, too, am a non-U.K. applicant. I am from a town in the United States of America a short distance from New York City.
Original post by Plagioclase
No!

Thank you! All the best!
Original post by mna_98
Nope I got the email inviting me to interview on November 18th :smile:

I got my email on Saturday afternoon though!
Original post by FutureOxford3
Can't you go on the Oxford website and read that interview won't come out for Medicine until Dec 4.

Yes I'm perfectly capable of reading that. However rjections for medicine have been reported to have gone out before the date interview invites had gone out in previous years which is why I was trying to talk to fellow medicine applicants here about this and see if l could gather info for this year.
Original post by scblx
Does anybody know what they mean when they say that you must stay until 10 o clock but may be required to stay until later that day? How late is later that day?
What time should I book my flight?

Im interviewing at brasenose (you're ppe too, right?) and they said it was best if i booked a flight the next day, since last year interviews were held as late as 3pm on the last day. All i had to do was request an additional night.
Original post by gkallikas
Yes I'm perfectly capable of reading that. However rjections for medicine have been reported to have gone out before the date interview invites had gone out in previous years which is why I was trying to talk to fellow medicine applicants here about this and see if l could gather info for this year.

Oh, ah, which college? Dif college does things diferently.
Original post by DanieleZ
Im interviewing at brasenose (you're ppe too, right?) and they said it was best if i booked a flight the next day, since last year interviews were held as late as 3pm on the last day. All i had to do was request an additional night.

Best to stay a day before and a day after to make sure you arent in a rush and in case of last minute interviews.
Anyone know what day medicine interviews come out?

I heard it was the 2nd December, but now I'm hearing something about the 4th?
Original post by buzzfeed23
Anyone know what day medicine interviews come out?

I heard it was the 2nd December, but now I'm hearing something about the 4th?

Well, I got an email containing this from them about a month ago:

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 00.49.48.png

So in the first few days of December, but I don't know a specific date for sure.
Reply 8071
Original post by gabeaumont
Has anyone else got an interview at Jesus?? I've got one for his pol :smile:)))

History and French :smile:
Original post by lawlieto
From what I've seen I've realised we'd be unlikely to face a question based on our PS. They are not looking for the right answer or knowledge (so I'm not learning much extra stuff..) but your "academic potential" I guess.. so I'm trying to do questions that make me think :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah defo, I'm not sure what kind of questions I can look at for Biochem aside from Chemistry ones. Plus the subject is so broad - they could ask me anything... which makes me even more nervous!!
Original post by skylake
Nervous ofc, I didn't think the TSA int as well as any of my practices aha. But hey It'll be an awesome experience at the end of it right. And hopefully an offer at the end of it aha :wink: How you gonna prep?

I definitely thought the TSA went so badly so I was ridiculously surprised!! So scared aha. I think I'm going to read over whatever books I mentioned in my personal statement and just brush up on economic theory I guess..tbh I actually have no idea. What are you planning? oh and what are you wearing!
Overwhelmed art-trash here who's got an interview at St Peter's for English (anyone else?) - feeling terror and excitement!
Good luck to you all - see you there!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8075
Original post by AC57
I'd recommend that you read some texts in translation! Like One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich - it's really good and quite short... But you might have already read it aha :smile:
Yeah I've started doing the Portuguese Duolingo course and I've read some Brazilian short stories! I'm so nervous but really excited too

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich is on my personal statement! It's a great book. I've read a few Russian texts in translation, and I just love the literature. Portuguese sounds cool! I studied Spanish and it seems quite similar on paper (although maybe not when spoken)
Sorry, but Oxford isn't the end. There are many other good universities out there.

Cambridge.
Original post by bobbybob12
Cambridge.

Lol, are you going to take a gap year? You can always go there for Pg
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol, are you going to take a gap year? You can always go there for Pg

Maybe. I am also going to apply to the US. Postgrad is a consideration but postgrad in the US is better for economics/finance in general.
Original post by amymf
Anyone heard from St Peter's for Engineering Science?

I applied for engineering science as well to university college but haven't received any reply yet as well. I guess we both have to wait till Monday.

Latest

Trending

Trending