The Student Room Group

cant stand religion bashers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by bassbabe
I know what you were trying to say, I was just bored by it. Please don't be offended, just exercising the right to voice my views :smile: Zzzzzzz

I'm certainly not offended. I just don't get why you didn't reply to what I said, but just said you were bored of it. I'm much more interested in why you're not interested.
Original post by Pride
I think there has been a lot of research into the history and the reliability of the bible, but of course, you have to consider what the bible actually claims - it's difficult to believe somebody did all the miracles the bible claims. I don't think faith in Jesus comes from some sort of intellectual debate over the historicity of the bible. I always recommend people read what Jesus actually said. I took on board what he said, and it has changed my life. It has changed my outlook. I also see the gospel change other people's lives. You'll hear Christians talk about concepts like relationship and unconditional love. It's not really about apologetics or vain arguing.

okay. you can't live without God? if one day you discover the supernatural power,it's all inside of you ,will you still need God?
Reply 442
Original post by skunkboy
okay. you can't live without God? if one day you discover the supernatural power,it's all inside of you ,will you still need God?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking whether I would still follow God if I somehow learnt that I don't need God?
Can't really speak openly about this because someone will get offended and demand someone be yellow carded etc.
Original post by Pride
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking whether I would still follow God if I somehow learnt that I don't need God?

If you yourself have got supernatural powers, you still need God?
Original post by driftawaay
Religion is a man made invention and you basically just repeated what I said.

How can a religion be man made if it was created by God?
Original post by Pride

Respectfully, even the 4 main Gosples (mark, mathew, john and another one i cant remember) all differ with eachother on many issues. The bible has been changed (and even the Torah for that matter), mark mathew john are not even eye witnesses to the claims they all make. So I'm not sure how this is truth?
Religion bashers are vile and disgusting.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Can't really speak openly about this because someone will get offended and demand someone be yellow carded etc.

That hasn't stopped you from talking nonsense before. :wink:
[QUOTE="mil88;60943829"]
Original post by Pride

Respectfully, even the 4 main Gosples (mark, mathew, john and another one i cant remember) all differ with eachother on many issues. The bible has been changed (and even the Torah for that matter), mark mathew john are not even eye witnesses to the claims they all make. So I'm not sure how this is truth?

Please be specific in how they differ.

Please be specific with how the bible has been changed.

Luke claims to have spoken to, and based his gospel on eye witnesses. This is in his first paragraph. Also, a strong argument can be made that the author of Luke-acts knew and travelled with Paul. Did you now Paul met with Apostles Peter and John (eyewitnesses throughout Jesus' ministry) and James (Jesus' brother)?

Then I will question the Quran.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Scrappy-coco;60944777"]
Original post by mil88

Please be specific in how they differ.

Please be specific with how the bible has been changed.

Luke claims to have spoken to, and based his gospel on eye witnesses. This is in his first paragraph. Also, a strong argument can be made that the author of Luke-acts knew and travelled with Paul. Did you now Paul met with Apostles Peter and John (eyewitnesses throughout Jesus' ministry) and James (Jesus' brother)?

Then I will question the Quran.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't be asked to explain tbh, watch here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNn7b_kz9dM

Where did the Quran come into question lol?
[QUOTE="mil88;60944857"]
Original post by Scrappy-coco

Can't be asked to explain tbh, watch here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNn7b_kz9dM

Where did the Quran come into question lol?

Ahh Bart Erhman.

The issue with him is that his specific qualification with New Testament scholarship is literary criticism .... and he is very good at it. However that quality drops when he argues with other areas of NT scholarship.

See this brilliant commentary on a debate he had;

http://lydiaswebpage.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/on-bart-ehrman-and-authorship-of-gospels.html?m=1

Are you not a muslim? Your post and the way it was worded sounded exactly like muslims apologists. Sorry if you're not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Scrappy-coco;60945329"]
Original post by mil88

Ahh Bart Erhman.

The issue with him is that his specific qualification with New Testament scholarship is literary criticism .... and he is very good at it. However that quality drops when he argues with other areas of NT scholarship.

See this brilliant commentary on a debate he had;

http://lydiaswebpage.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/on-bart-ehrman-and-authorship-of-gospels.html?m=1

Are you not a muslim? Your post and the way it was worded sounded exactly like muslims apologists. Sorry if you're not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We can discuss Quran if you will, it's just I didn't know why you mentioned it at first.
[QUOTE="mil88;60945627"]

We can discuss Quran if you will, it's just I didn't know why you mentioned it at first.

So you are a muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Scrappy-coco;60946899"]
Original post by mil88

So you are a muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am :smile:
[QUOTE="mil88;60946955"]

Yes I am :smile:

OK just making sure :wink: so is the Quran literally from God? If it makes a claim that is scientifically wrong, and it was not poetic, it would not be a perfect book? Which is Islam's only claim to being true, that the Quran is a perfect book from God which self authenticates itself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Scrappy-coco;60947173"]
Original post by mil88

OK just making sure :wink: so is the Quran literally from God? If it makes a claim that is scientifically wrong, and it was not poetic, it would not be a perfect book? Which is Islam's only claim to being true, that the Quran is a perfect book from God which self authenticates itself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Quran is purely from God, is, and is perfect yes. I'm not sure about the 'only claim to being true part'
[QUOTE="mil88;60947431"]

The Quran is purely from God, is, and is perfect yes. I'm not sure about the 'only claim to being true part'

Well what does Islam claim to show it to be true? Apart from claiming that the Quran can only be from God?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Scrappy-coco;60947511"]
Original post by mil88

Well what does Islam claim to show it to be true? Apart from claiming that the Quran can only be from God?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Infallible apostles from God and using logic, rationality etc in its rules.
[QUOTE="mil88;60947561"]

Infallible apostles from God and using logic, rationality etc in its rules.

So historical evidence of infallible apostles? I don't think rules that apply logic and rationality can be said to show that Islam is the true religion. As many religions will have some of these

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending