The Student Room Group

how successful has constitutional reform been since 1997? (25 marks)

I need help with the question 'how successful has constitutional reform been since 1997? (25 marks)' please help me as I have been trying for two days and have no clue on where to begin.
stop being a silly chap. Doing AS politics myself this is a question you need to be able to answer straight away...
First off, short introduction, show your opinion. Give examples. You should know examples or be able to use google to find some.
Then start doing some point evidence explanation stuff... Give an example of a constitutional reform i.e the House of Lords one where Labour reduced the no. of hereditary peers to 92. Why is this good? Think of a counter to this... why does this not go far enough. Is the Lords really legitimate now? No, does this legitimacy mean less scrutiny of the elected Commons, and primarily the government (assuming they have a strong majority utilising whips, i.e Blair and his ~140 seat majority allowing the UK to invade Iraq.)
Basically just think of constitutional reforms that have happened, and evaluate their pros and cons. Good luck. Revision is key, need the examples to be snappy (haven't revised meself yet which is why my response isn't so good)
Reply 2
Original post by Arji1212
I need help with the question 'how successful has constitutional reform been since 1997? (25 marks)' please help me as I have been trying for two days and have no clue on where to begin.

Ayy I got 23/25 on this question!

Basically get 2/3 ways that it has been successful and 1 way that it hasn't been successful.

Sorry I can't help you more! I'm revising atm!

Good luck:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jamestg
Ayy I got 23/25 on this question!

Basically get 2/3 ways that it has been successful and 1 way that it hasn't been successful.

Sorry I can't help you more! I'm revising atm!

Good luck:smile:

thanks dude
Reply 4
Original post by pereira325
stop being a silly chap. Doing AS politics myself this is a question you need to be able to answer straight away...
First off, short introduction, show your opinion. Give examples. You should know examples or be able to use google to find some.
Then start doing some point evidence explanation stuff... Give an example of a constitutional reform i.e the House of Lords one where Labour reduced the no. of hereditary peers to 92. Why is this good? Think of a counter to this... why does this not go far enough. Is the Lords really legitimate now? No, does this legitimacy mean less scrutiny of the elected Commons, and primarily the government (assuming they have a strong majority utilising whips, i.e Blair and his ~140 seat majority allowing the UK to invade Iraq.)
Basically just think of constitutional reforms that have happened, and evaluate their pros and cons. Good luck. Revision is key, need the examples to be snappy (haven't revised meself yet which is why my response isn't so good)

lol thanks man

Quick Reply

Latest