The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by emiloujess
An A from a C? I'd so love that to happen! That's the problem, I have no idea how competitive the course is because it's only the second year that it's been running for entry :frown:

It's just Psychology that's the problem - if I could somehow get over my mental block with that I'd be absolutely fine.

oh right :frown:
yeah that's what i'm trying to do - pull chemistry up from a C to an A lol haha don't tell me it's impossible X'D i'm resitting unit 2 though

just put your heart and soul into psychology, read the textbook like a story and then tell it to someone else like you're spreading rumours/ gossip
helps me lol

(note: i don't spread rumours or gossip mkay)

Original post by toonervoustotalk
Yeah i also know someone who got BDD and is predicted ABB
And in all of the exams so far in chemistry i have been doing better tham him :confused:
I am obviously happy as well for him

I will have to get AAA this year and go through ajustment :redface:

:O T_T it's so not fair :frown:

it's fine
you want this
you SHALL GET IT
Reply 161
Original post by TrojanH
woah broah you ever tried over date apple juice? not halal.

what do you mean over date

like expired? i don't have expired juice lol :tongue:

isn't it just grape juice that has problems?
Original post by z33
oh right :frown:
yeah that's what i'm trying to do - pull chemistry up from a C to an A lol haha don't tell me it's impossible X'D i'm resitting unit 2 though

just put your heart and soul into psychology, read the textbook like a story and then tell it to someone else like you're spreading rumours/ gossip
helps me lol

(note: i don't spread rumours or gossip mkay)

I have NEVER heard that revision method haha :biggrin:

Yeah I'm retaking my Film Studies exam... I have no idea how to study for that either :s-smilie: but as long as I get an A in my coursework this year it shouldn't be too bad. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's impossible for me. I already had to retake year 12 :frown:
Original post by z33
what do you mean over date

like expired? i don't have expired juice lol :tongue:

isn't it just grape juice that has problems?

yes experied. you never heard of cider? hahah apple juice fermentation is how yuckies are made.
Reply 164
I have NEVER heard that revision method haha :biggrin:

Yeah I'm retaking my Film Studies exam... I have no idea how to study for that either :s-smilie: but as long as I get an A in my coursework this year it shouldn't be too bad. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's impossible for me. I already had to retake year 12 :frown:

haha try it lol if you're enthusiastic enough and attach emotions to it hopefully it will work :tongue:

oh right it's fine there's foundation years there's apprenticeships and even if you retake some of your A2 modules during a gap year you'll be fine

you won't even need to retake i'm sure they'll take you with AAC cos that's equivalent to ABB technically... ask them

it'll be okay, your grades aren't even half bad you got ABC!! that's crazy good! i'm sure you can do better and you probably know you can do better too otherwise you wouldn't be stressed/ upset, it's just about doing it.

in like less than a year you're gonna be doing your dream course at your dream university and you'll look back on this like **** yeah i made it

you have to start at some point so just start today, pick your psych book up and try to do some open book essays and mark them and then take the book away and try and rewrite the essay as perfectly as you did

do they have a selection of set questions they'll ask you? because then you can just make some perfect model answers and memorise them :3
Reply 165
Original post by TrojanH
yes experied. you never heard of cider? hahah apple juice fermentation is how yuckies are made.

haha oh yeah but isn't that just vinegar
that's not alcohol lol vinegar is ethanoic acid it's halal :wink:

but i don't have expired stuff anyway lol
Original post by z33
haha try it lol if you're enthusiastic enough and attach emotions to it hopefully it will work :tongue:

oh right it's fine there's foundation years there's apprenticeships and even if you retake some of your A2 modules during a gap year you'll be fine

you won't even need to retake i'm sure they'll take you with AAC cos that's equivalent to ABB technically... ask them

it'll be okay, your grades aren't even half bad you got ABC!! that's crazy good! i'm sure you can do better and you probably know you can do better too otherwise you wouldn't be stressed/ upset, it's just about doing it.

in like less than a year you're gonna be doing your dream course at your dream university and you'll look back on this like **** yeah i made it

you have to start at some point so just start today, pick your psych book up and try to do some open book essays and mark them and then take the book away and try and rewrite the essay as perfectly as you did

do they have a selection of set questions they'll ask you? because then you can just make some perfect model answers and memorise them :3

Apprenticeships in Politics? :frown: Yeah I guess ABC is a hell of a lot better than the EEUU I got before :tongue: The only grade I was even a little disappointed was was with the C in Film because I was predicted a B. I was never expecting a B in Psych let alone how close it was to an A and the A in Sociology was literally mindblowing, I still have no idea how I got that.

Oh gosh, it would be AMAZING to look back and laugh at how silly I must sound right now... see logically I know that but it still doesn't stop me thinking it.

I'm doing fine in the homework essays, it's just the amount of studies there are! *cries*
Original post by alexp98
No one I know has ever said this is meant to be the most crucial time in your life lol... That's obviously university as you're in the last 3-4 years of education, potentially ever for most people.

Also your fourth point might be might right about people worrying, but it's misleading information you're giving out. If one is constantly changing their mind about the course they want to do than the advice given by sensible people is to take a year out and decide, or more time if required getting experience. So yes, you should worry. It's all about the course and you need to be commited doing something you're good at for 3-4 years

This is all true! Also I'm not sure if they do it for your year but for all the people going into Year 12 from 2016 {me!} your predicted grades really really matter since they're scrapped AS exams. So Oxbridge for instance used to make it's own prediction grades wise and didn't really care about your school's predicted grades but now it's extremely important as excluding GCSEs they are your only formal exam results they have.
Reply 168
Apprenticeships in Politics? :frown: Yeah I guess ABC is a hell of a lot better than the EEUU I got before :tongue: The only grade I was even a little disappointed was was with the C in Film because I was predicted a B. I was never expecting a B in Psych let alone how close it was to an A and the A in Sociology was literally mindblowing, I still have no idea how I got that.

Oh gosh, it would be AMAZING to look back and laugh at how silly I must sound right now... see logically I know that but it still doesn't stop me thinking it.

I'm doing fine in the homework essays, it's just the amount of studies there are! *cries*

Maybe?
https://jobs.theguardian.com/jobs/government-and-politics/apprenticeship/

^anything good in that link?

Yeah much much better! see you surprised yourself in AS you can do it again in A2! don't let that C get you down, yeah try your best in the coursework and you've got an A to fall back on.

use this calculator - will help you see clearer :3
http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce

yeah memorise those studies like they're stories!
write a little book of psychology studies - combine them all
remember them in rude mnemonics or something
make them interesting, write a song, try to follow the logic of the criminal or something (lol i have no idea what a psych study looks like)
I just want to let go of some steam :frown:

Here goes. I HAVE A MOCK EXAM TOMORROW THAT I KNOOWWW I WILL GET A U IN BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT THE PAST WEEKS WORKING ON MY ENGLISH AND HISTORY CONTROLLED ASSESSMENTS, MY TEACHER CAN'T MARK FOR S*** AND I'M JUST SO UPSET THAT MOCKS AND DEADLINES ARE ALL THIS WEEK. I WANT TO DO WELL IN MY MOCKS BUT I HAVE HAD SOOOO MUCH OTHER WORK TO COMPLETE ALL LAST WEEK AND THIS WEEKEND. I DON'T EVEN THINK I'M GOING TO DO WELL IN ONE OF MY ENGLISH CA, MOST OF THE CLASS IS STRUGGLING WITH IT TOO.

I'M SOOOOOOOOO STRESSED AND SAD! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

ALSO I'M BEHIND (VERY!) BEHIND IN ALL MY AS RESITS REVISION.

I'M JUST ONE BIG PILE OF :poo:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z33
Maybe?
https://jobs.theguardian.com/jobs/government-and-politics/apprenticeship/

^anything good in that link?

Yeah much much better! see you surprised yourself in AS you can do it again in A2! don't let that C get you down, yeah try your best in the coursework and you've got an A to fall back on.

use this calculator - will help you see clearer :3
http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce

yeah memorise those studies like they're stories!
write a little book of psychology studies - combine them all
remember them in rude mnemonics or something
make them interesting, write a song, try to follow the logic of the criminal or something (lol i have no idea what a psych study looks like)

Well I've found a backup straightaway ~ the one in Somerset looks amazing!!

Hmmm.... I need 122/200 in A2 to get a B in Psych, and 145/200 to get a B in Film... Psych isn't looking too bad! This has really helped put things into perspective, thank you! :smile: Film looks a little harder to get but I am retaking my AS exam so...

I can't thank you enough :smile:

That revision method also seems very memorable, I'll definitely give it a try! Psych studies are normally: aim, sample, method, findings, conclusions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 171
Well I've found a backup straightaway ~ the one in Somerset looks amazing!!

Hmmm.... I need 122/200 in A2 to get a B in Psych, and 145/200 to get a B in Film... Psych isn't looking too bad! This has really helped put things into perspective, thank you! :smile: Film looks a little harder to get but I am retaking my AS exam so...

That revision method also seems very memorable, I'll definitely give it a try! Psych studies are normally: aim, sample, method, findings, conclusions.

whoop do research it! backup found :wink: and after that you can still go and do politics at uni if you wanted :3 (they might even be nice enough to pay off your tuition fees!)

122/200 that's like 60% come on you can do MUCH better than that!!
145/200 is 73% come on now - it'll be fine and even better with the retakes!

hmm they sound like experimental write ups in science
do try and follow their logic
like remember the aims mainly of all the studies and then hopefully you can logically follow how you would conduct the research so the method and samples should be fine. Then just the findings so you know the results and you can just draw the conclusion from them!
so basically all you need to memorise is the aims and the findings mainly! and then for more difficult/ detailed ones memorise the methods etc...

you'll be alright :wink: just make a psychology studies 'bible' - like a little A5 pukka notebook one :3

and then follow your siblings/ parents around like "did you know this doctor did this just to prove his point that :O"

i mean it will be interesting so atleast they can engage in conversation with you, imagine my mum's face when i'm trying to explain action potentials in the neurones to her X'D

EDIT: thanks for the rep :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 172
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I just want to let go of some steam :frown:

Here goes. I HAVE A MOCK EXAM TOMORROW THAT I KNOOWWW I WILL GET A U IN BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT THE PAST WEEKS WORKING ON MY ENGLISH AND HISTORY CONTROLLED ASSESSMENTS, MY TEACHER CAN'T MARK FOR S*** AND I'M JUST SO UPSET THAT MOCKS AND DEADLINES ARE ALL THIS WEEK. I WANT TO DO WELL IN MY MOCKS BUT I HAVE HAD SOOOO MUCH OTHER WORK TO COMPLETE ALL LAST WEEK AND THIS WEEKEND. I DON'T EVEN THINK I'M GOING TO DO WELL IN ONE OF MY ENGLISH CA, MOST OF THE CLASS IS STRUGGLING WITH IT TOO.

I'M SOOOOOOOOO STRESSED AND SAD! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

ALSO I'M BEHIND (VERY!) BEHIND IN ALL MY AS RESITS REVISION.

I'M JUST ONE BIG PILE OF :poo:

Awwwhhhhh
it's okay you're not the only one ! haven't touched my AS resit revision yet :O
i've got a bio mock tomorrow too T_T

and then i have a chem one on wednesday and we haven't finished the ****ing module because all the damn lady does is make us do practicals in class and then forget about them -_-

iheziohfsejfszpojfskf :frown:

it's okay we will prevail
christmas holidays are coming and we can sort our **** out :3
(that's what i said about half-term too lol X'D)

dw just yolo it, go into that mock like **** YEAH BITCHES IMMA OWN DIS

watch a few revision videos, i just gave up on notes and am now watching videos :tongue:

just come over here and let off some steam every now and then :3 *hugs*
Original post by z33
whoop do research it! backup found :wink: and after that you can still go and do politics at uni if you wanted :3 (they might even be nice enough to pay off your tuition fees!)

122/200 that's like 60% come on you can do MUCH better than that!!
145/200 is 73% come on now - it'll be fine and even better with the retakes!

hmm they sound like experimental write ups in science
do try and follow their logic
like remember the aims mainly of all the studies and then hopefully you can logically follow how you would conduct the research so the method and samples should be fine. Then just the findings so you know the results and you can just draw the conclusion from them!
so basically all you need to memorise is the aims and the findings mainly! and then for more difficult/ detailed ones memorise the methods etc...

you'll be alright :wink: just make a psychology studies 'bible' - like a little A5 pukka notebook one :3

and then follow your siblings/ parents around like "did you know this doctor did this just to prove his point that :O"

i mean it will be interesting so atleast they can engage in conversation with you, imagine my mum's face when i'm trying to explain action potentials in the neurones to her X'D

I have to admit I'm feeling more confident with Psych now, and I've never worried too much about Film. I'm going to go do cue cards for about 5 of the studies and see if I can learn them. I have Aspergers which means I learn best through repetition (a fact I didn't realise until I read an article about 5 days ago).

I'm actually feeling much better about everything now... thank you so so so much! :tongue:

(what subjects are you doing?...)
Original post by z33
Awwwhhhhh
it's okay you're not the only one ! haven't touched my AS resit revision yet :O
i've got a bio mock tomorrow too T_T

and then i have a chem one on wednesday and we haven't finished the ****ing module because all the damn lady does is make us do practicals in class and then forget about them -_-

iheziohfsejfszpojfskf :frown:

it's okay we will prevail
christmas holidays are coming and we can sort our **** out :3
(that's what i said about half-term too lol X'D)

dw just yolo it, go into that mock like **** YEAH BITCHES IMMA OWN DIS

watch a few revision videos, i just gave up on notes and am now watching videos :tongue:

just come over here and let off some steam every now and then :3 *hugs*

Thankyou so much for that :smile: So basically we are in the same boat :frown:

At this point I have stopped caring if I get a U, although it will deeply depress me I would rather get a U in a mock than get a U in my actual coursework....

Although teacher doesn't understand..so she will probably think I' just an idiot. Oh welllll....

Lol I said that about half term too, but now I'm serious, I'm planning on using christmas VERY WELL.

I will be coming back soon to express further frustration :frown:
Ahh yes. I started revision really late last year, as in the week before the exams started. This year I am forcing myself to start in the Christmas holidays. I have a resit I haven't even started to revise for as well. I am so screwed.
Good luck with all ur mocks my TSR friends :smile:
not even in yr13 but a lot of the ppl i talk to reguarly are.
i sure you will all do AMAZINGLY!
i shall leave now as i am a small yr12 cavy imposter :ninja:
Reply 177
I have to admit I'm feeling more confident with Psych now, and I've never worried too much about Film. I'm going to go do cue cards for about 5 of the studies and see if I can learn them. I have Aspergers which means I learn best through repetition (a fact I didn't realise until I read an article about 5 days ago).

I'm actually feeling much better about everything now... thank you so so so much! :tongue:

(what subjects are you doing?...)

Yay! Awh no problem :3 - oooh repitition sounds like a good technique for you then! flash cards are the way to go! and talk to the mirror :3 I'm glad you're feeling better :smile:

doing biology, chemistry and computing :O lord bless my soul hahaha

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Thankyou so much for that :smile: So basically we are in the same boat :frown:

At this point I have stopped caring if I get a U, although it will deeply depress me I would rather get a U in a mock than get a U in my actual coursework....

Although teacher doesn't understand..so she will probably think I' just an idiot. Oh welllll....

Lol I said that about half term too, but now I'm serious, I'm planning on using christmas VERY WELL.

I will be coming back soon to express further frustration :frown:

No problemo :3
Yupp guess we are :/ yeah exactly! gotta prioritise here! cwk> mocks anyday
who cares what the teacher thinks -_- they think we're not putting any effort in but we are - just not where they want us to haha

yes! christmas will be a revision revolution in my brain :3
i will come out of there knowing all of unit 1s, reading ahead for unit 2s and hopefully done some resit revision with a solid timetable :biggrin:

Good luck! :3

Original post by Sophieec98
Ahh yes. I started revision really late last year, as in the week before the exams started. This year I am forcing myself to start in the Christmas holidays. I have a resit I haven't even started to revise for as well. I am so screwed.

I did that :colondollar:
well no i started in like April lol - i'm such an idiot. won't happen this year though! we're all screwed here haha

Original post by CoolCavy
Good luck with all ur mocks my TSR friends :smile:
not even in yr13 but a lot of the ppl i talk to reguarly are.
i sure you will all do AMAZINGLY!
i shall leave now as i am a small yr12 cavy imposter :ninja:

awhhh thanks for stopping by and encouraging us Cav :3 mucho appreciated :biggrin:
thank you!! and good luck with your endeavours too :tongue:
Original post by z33
Yay! Awh no problem :3 - oooh repitition sounds like a good technique for you then! flash cards are the way to go! and talk to the mirror :3 I'm glad you're feeling better :smile:

doing biology, chemistry and computing :O lord bless my soul hahaha

I am, thank you :smile: Biology and Chemistry are sooooo hard :frown: That was my first year of year 12... safe to say the sciences do NOT suit me at A-Level hehe.

What's computing like? :s-smilie:
Original post by z33

awhhh thanks for stopping by and encouraging us Cav :3 mucho appreciated :biggrin:
thank you!! and good luck with your endeavours too :tongue:

no problem!! i hope you don't mind the presence of a lowly yr12 :colondollar:
thanks my friend
:kissing2::jumphug::love::lovie2::loveduck::lovie::lovehug:

Quick Reply

Latest