The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St. John's College 2016 Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leg1t
Have you got an interview offer yet? What was your UMS? Im applying for medicine also :biggrin:. They are gunna interview 65 people and trim that down to around 17 after interview. So about 1 in 4 get offers.

How do you know how many people they're interviewing?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Pokepal02
Please email them and thank them, though you got a rejection email.

Okay, I ended up doing that anyway because it felt a little rude to just ignore it :smile:
Reply 262
Original post by glowingvegan
Any UK students heard about Maths yet?

I heard on the 21st but it seems like a lot of people haven't so who knows?
Reply 263
Original post by e62
Anyone staying at John's on the night of the 9th? I need friends!!

I'll be staying on the 9th, I have a maths interview for the 10th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know if maths interviewees have a written test?
Original post by 16Characters....
Does anybody know if maths interviewees have a written test?

Yes
Original post by yitbling
Do they send out a rejection letter/email to overseas applicants? I've been waiting for a reply for about 2 weeks but alas, no dice :/ A rejection letter would seriously be better than this silence right now.

I hope you got a response. If not, give them a call. They are very helpful.
Yes

Any idea when it is sat? The invite listed my 3 interviews but did not mention the test. Nor did the college website. Only the university's main website mentions it but provides no further details.
Original post by 16Characters....
Any idea when it is sat? The invite listed my 3 interviews but did not mention the test. Nor did the college website. Only the university's main website mentions it but provides no further details.

I am wondering this as well.
Yes

Are you applying for Maths?
Mech eng anyone on the 7th? i'm staying over on the 6th and the 7th's accomadation is arranged for me as I'm coming from scotland.
Original post by ZachyS7
Mech eng anyone on the 7th? i'm staying over on the 6th and the 7th's accomadation is arranged for me as I'm coming from scotland.

I'm there one the 7th and staying the sixth, I'm Scottish too haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZachyS7

What time is your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Runner0204

I think the first is at 12.30 then the last is at 6.30pm, I'm staying in the city street permier inn also flying in coz it was cheaper you?
Original post by ZachyS7
I think the first is at 12.30 then the last is at 6.30pm, I'm staying in the city street permier inn also flying in coz it was cheaper you?

Cheaper than free? Why not stay in college?
Original post by jneill
Cheaper than free? Why not stay in college?

I was only offered accomadation for the 7th and obviously I can't get a train down on the same day in time for the 12.30 interview.. :h:
[QUOTE="ZachyS7;60996453"]

Mines is at 9am, the college gave me accommodation. What are your grades/predictions if you don't mind me asking? (I always ask other Scottish people haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Runner0204;60997049"]
Original post by ZachyS7

Mines is at 9am, the college gave me accommodation. What are your grades/predictions if you don't mind me asking? (I always ask other Scottish people haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAAA for maths, mechanics, chemistry and physics you? and also how's your powerpoint slides coming along? :smile:
[QUOTE="ZachyS7;60997475"]

AAAA for maths, mechanics, chemistry and physics you? and also how's your powerpoint slides coming along? :smile:

4A's for maths, physics, chemistry and graphics (crashing) and at higher I got 5A1's and 1A2. I'm more or less finished them I think, just don't know how much information to include haha. How are yours going?
I've got Mech eng (via NatSci) on the 8th, staying on the 7th. Does anyone know what the written test is? Is it a TSA? Please help a confused Norwegian student :smile:

Quick Reply