The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by emiloujess
I am, thank you :smile: Biology and Chemistry are sooooo hard :frown: That was my first year of year 12... safe to say the sciences do NOT suit me at A-Level hehe.

What's computing like? :s-smilie:

ahaha yeah they are :frown:
i'm considered 'gifted' at chemistry (fave science) - and i got As and A*s in triple science at GCSE but still came out with a C at A-level :/
no one in our year got an A - i think someone did after a remark 0_0
that's OCR B Salters for ya aha

and biology is just too much to remember gah -_-

computing is alright - well it was alright. I never did the the GCSE and strolled in with an A* in ICT thinking it's the same thing, boy was I wrong X'D
But i got As in the programming paper and like Cs and Ds in the theory paper all throughout the year (which is weird since the theory is meant to be more ICT-like)

anyway i ended up with a B which is A MIRACLE
i legit thought i got a U that unit 2 exam was SOOOO HARD omg
people walked out crying! damn you OCR -_-
but i got a B - obv i would've liked an A but after that exam I would've been happy with an E X'D

still amazed at that tbh
Reply 181
Original post by CoolCavy
no problem!! i hope you don't mind the presence of a lowly yr12 :colondollar:
thanks my friend
:kissing2::jumphug::love::lovie2::loveduck::lovie::lovehug:

not at all amiga :h::hugs:

dw some schools are ****-heads like that
i have a friend who went to a prestigious college and got 90%+ ums in all her AS levels
so AAAA - and was still predicted Cs and Ds
she also has like 12 A*s at GCSE

predictions mean nothing tbh, try your hardest - wouldn't it feel SO good to prove them wrong?
plus - if you get As in your mocks, you can prove to them that you CAN get As and that would be evidence against their low predictions :3
then you can get your parents involved :biggrin:

just do what you can so that after the mocks you won't be all like "if only i tried harder in my mocks - this would've never happened" so you'll have no regrets! start now!

i started on friday and my mock's tomorrow! i'm still trying! come on you can do it!!
Original post by Ya Dunno
x

Is someone throwing a little strop? :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z33
ahaha yeah they are :frown:
i'm considered 'gifted' at chemistry (fave science) - and i got As and A*s in triple science at GCSE but still came out with a C at A-level :/
no one in our year got an A - i think someone did after a remark 0_0
that's OCR B Salters for ya aha

and biology is just too much to remember gah -_-

computing is alright - well it was alright. I never did the the GCSE and strolled in with an A* in ICT thinking it's the same thing, boy was I wrong X'D
But i got As in the programming paper and like Cs and Ds in the theory paper all throughout the year (which is weird since the theory is meant to be more ICT-like)

anyway i ended up with a B which is A MIRACLE
i legit thought i got a U that unit 2 exam was SOOOO HARD omg
people walked out crying! damn you OCR -_-
but i got a B - obv i would've liked an A but after that exam I would've been happy with an E X'D

still amazed at that tbh

Yep I did OCR Salters :frown: Congrats on the B, must have come as a pleasant surprise on Results Day! :smile:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Would you like me to set him straight, like only your mataji can?

it's ok, 99.999999999% of us absolutely adore you :smile:
myself included :h:
it's ok, 99.999999999% of us absolutely adore you :smile:
myself included :h:

I love you :loveduck:
Original post by nucdev

No, I would like to know the reason for his multiple outbursts. :curious:
I love you :loveduck:

i love you also! i trust you enourmously more so since our pm :redface:

Spoiler

i love you also! i trust you enourmously more so since our pm :redface:

Spoiler

Of course, if you ever need me I'm here!! :h:

And I realised I still have not replied back to your last PM, I will, I have just been awfully busy today and I like to write meaningful replies :colondollar: I will send a reply soon xx
How do I get an A* in chemistry ?? Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course, if you ever need me I'm here!! :h:

And I realised I still have not replied back to your last PM, I will, I have just been awfully busy today and I like to write meaningful replies :colondollar: I will send a reply soon xx

thanks, you actually make me feel a lot better :h:
absolutely no worries!!! i understand and same tbh, i still need to reply to a PM from LBS_187 :redface:
:hugs:
Reply 192
Original post by emiloujess
Yep I did OCR Salters :frown: Congrats on the B, must have come as a pleasant surprise on Results Day! :smile:

Salters is legit the worst thing someone can do to a poor 16 year old kid tryna get to uni -_-

AQA is the way to go :frown: sadly none of my boards are AQA - in fact they're all OCR!

yupp it really was! my parents were dissappointed but i was over the moon :tongue: haha
Original post by Student403
I'm scared my offers will be stupidly high :/ And I'm scared of messing up exams like I did at AS ughhh

Same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by FREYA2898
How do I get an A* in chemistry ?? Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

dunno m8 ask on the the TSR chem society :tongue:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=260723&page=206
I'm so worried about failing my alevels. Last year I got BCC (B in biology) and I'm predicted AAB which I certainly won't get. My biology teacher this year is literally the worst teacher I could possibly ask for, she can't teach at all, she ignores me and she never answers my questions. Chemistry is really difficult too and I go to such a bad collage that last year, everyone got a U in unit 5 chemistry bar one person. I'm dreading A2 exams and I'm soo stressed atm. I just can't wait till this year is over. I'll get a job in a corner shop next year because my grades will probably be horrible. I have no idea how to pass biology when I practically have no teacher. Apologies for the rant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nucdev

Excuse me? while I have the advantage of being able to converse in 5 languages, unfortunately Hindi is not one which I am familiar with.:fyi:

But in saying that I am guessing "Mataji" means white knight, so by all means proceed in saving your damsel in distress.
Original post by z33
Salters is legit the worst thing someone can do to a poor 16 year old kid tryna get to uni -_-

AQA is the way to go :frown: sadly none of my boards are AQA - in fact they're all OCR!

yupp it really was! my parents were dissappointed but i was over the moon :tongue: haha

I completely agree! OCR in general, really. My Psychology teacher always jokes that OCR "hates students" and "wants them to fail"... not far off the truth IMO.

I'm on OCR Psych, AQA Sociology and WJEC Film Studies :tongue:

Why were your parents disappointed? My mum seemed a little at my C in Film but also happy that I'd actually passed year 12 - the same reason I was absolutely thrilled on Results Day because I never thought I'd actually get there!

:frown:

Which subject are you most scared of?
Original post by Ya Dunno
Excuse me? while I have the advantage of being able to converse in 5 languages, unfortunately Hindi is not one which I am familiar with.:fyi:

But in saying that I am guessing "Mataji" means white knight, so by all means proceed in saving your damsel in distress.

Nope. Mataji means "mother" - have a look at my profile under "about me" - you'll get your answers.

Quick Reply

Latest