The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Is someone throwing a little strop? :yep:

Well it seems your "Mataji", is threatening me, so I will retreat before I upset your fan base further.:fyi:

And good luck with your exams I am sure you'll do excellently.
Original post by Ya Dunno
Well it seems your "Mataji", is threatening me, so I will retreat before I upset your fan base further.:fyi:

And good luck with your exams I am sure you'll do excellently.

Piss off.
Original post by nucdev
Nope. Mataji means "mother" - have a look at my profile under "about me" - you'll get your answers.

But you're a dude?

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to acknowledge yourself as a "father"?
Piss off.

Is somebody having a "strop"?:toofunny:
But you're a dude?

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to acknowledge yourself as a "father"?

Naah she's the one who called me Mataji on another thread - I'm just playing along with it.
I just want to let go of some steam :frown:

Here goes. I HAVE A MOCK EXAM TOMORROW THAT I KNOOWWW I WILL GET A U IN BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT THE PAST WEEKS WORKING ON MY ENGLISH AND HISTORY CONTROLLED ASSESSMENTS, MY TEACHER CAN'T MARK FOR S*** AND I'M JUST SO UPSET THAT MOCKS AND DEADLINES ARE ALL THIS WEEK. I WANT TO DO WELL IN MY MOCKS BUT I HAVE HAD SOOOO MUCH OTHER WORK TO COMPLETE ALL LAST WEEK AND THIS WEEKEND. I DON'T EVEN THINK I'M GOING TO DO WELL IN ONE OF MY ENGLISH CA, MOST OF THE CLASS IS STRUGGLING WITH IT TOO.

I'M SOOOOOOOOO STRESSED AND SAD! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

ALSO I'M BEHIND (VERY!) BEHIND IN ALL MY AS RESITS REVISION.

I'M JUST ONE BIG PILE OF :poo:

I went to my tutor in tears over a similar issue. She said to me that I had to take control over my learning. (I am waaaaaay behind in copying up notes, and I mean mid-September behind)

Try and calm down. It's still November. These mocks are meant to guide you in what you're doing wrong and to help you improve, so use them.

As for revision, I'll say what my tutor told me: Do an hour a day to start with, do it little by little. You'll soon see that these little chunks of time are eating away at what you've got left to do :smile:
Is somebody having a "strop"?:toofunny:

I don't like you at the moment. Maybe in an hour, until then you're on my mental "hate list". And yes I'm actually being serious, I keep a mental note of people I dislike.
Reply 207
Original post by emiloujess
I completely agree! OCR in general, really. My Psychology teacher always jokes that OCR "hates students" and "wants them to fail"... not far off the truth IMO.

I'm on OCR Psych, AQA Sociology and WJEC Film Studies :tongue:

Why were your parents disappointed? My mum seemed a little at my C in Film but also happy that I'd actually passed year 12 - the same reason I was absolutely thrilled on Results Day because I never thought I'd actually get there!

i bet they do -_- everyone hates them - so why do the school choose them fgs
and you know what?
THE YEAR BELOW IS DOING AQA FOR EVERYTHING AIFOIJFOCJISZD
ugh

awhhhh! see you've made it
just one more round
and you're done :biggrin:
yes you can do it - Shia LaBeouf will support you :3

my parents were like -_- why didn't you get As?
haha they were pissed at my Cs
i don't care though :tongue: i'm still thrilled with ma results
they can talk all the **** they want i'm going to uni baiiiiiiiiiii :3
I need to get AAB at least this year otherwise I'm screwed 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209
I went to my tutor in tears over a similar issue. She said to me that I had to take control over my learning. (I am waaaaaay behind in copying up notes, and I mean mid-September behind)

Try and calm down. It's still November. These mocks are meant to guide you in what you're doing wrong and to help you improve, so use them.

As for revision, I'll say what my tutor told me: Do an hour a day to start with, do it little by little. You'll soon see that these little chunks of time are eating away at what you've got left to do :smile:

it's like December in a day :tongue:
I don't like you at the moment. Maybe in an hour, until then you're on my mental "hate list". And yes I'm actually being serious, I keep a mental note of people I dislike.

Awww you're so adorable.:hugs:
Reply 211
Original post by spiritless98
I need to get AAB at least this year otherwise I'm screwed 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

no! you shall NEVER be screwed!
there is ALWAYS a way :biggrin:

i agree though i need AAB at LEAST - if not AAA :O
we gon' die

it's okay we'll do it together :3
hold my hand

Original post by z33
i bet they do -_- everyone hates them - so why do the school choose them fgs
and you know what?
THE YEAR BELOW IS DOING AQA FOR EVERYTHING AIFOIJFOCJISZD
ugh

awhhhh! see you've made it
just one more round
and you're done :biggrin:
yes you can do it - Shia LaBeouf will support you :3

my parents were like -_- why didn't you get As?
haha they were pissed at my Cs
i don't care though :tongue: i'm still thrilled with ma results
they can talk all the **** they want i'm going to uni baiiiiiiiiiii :3

Oh gosh, I can't imagine how annoying that must be :angry: but at least you can argue that your A grade was harder to get hehe :tongue:

(look, you've turned me into a positive person now!...)

Yep, just one more round and then I get 3 years of studying something I'm passionate about in a city I love and I get to learn Welsh! Which unis/course have you applied to?

As long as you're thrilled, that's all that matters :smile:

Original post by z33
it's like December in a day :tongue:

IN A DAY... not yet :wink:
Original post by z33
no! you shall NEVER be screwed!
there is ALWAYS a way :biggrin:

i agree though i need AAB at LEAST - if not AAA :O
we gon' die

it's okay we'll do it together :3
hold my hand

This made me smile 😊😊
Also, I need clarification
Are we going to die together because we're screwed?
Or are we going to unscrew ourselves and actually get the grades 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nucdev
Naah she's the one who called me Mataji on another thread - I'm just playing along with it.

Your about me page is hilarious.:toofunny:
Your about me page is hilarious.:toofunny:

Why thank you, lol

Did you understand the phrase "bade/bada bhaiyya"?
Reply 216
Oh gosh, I can't imagine how annoying that must be :angry: but at least you can argue that your A grade was harder to get hehe :tongue:

(look, you've turned me into a positive person now!...)

Yep, just one more round and then I get 3 years of studying something I'm passionate about in a city I love and I get to learn Welsh! Which unis/course have you applied to?

As long as you're thrilled, that's all that matters :smile:

IN A DAY... not yet :wink:

haha yes i can! i can be all like "you kids had it easy, when i was your age..." :smug:
yasss positivity!!! gotta be positive or we'll never move forward :wink: i'm proud :tongue:
yes! that would be so cool omg Welsh :biggrin:
i haven't applied this year because of my predicted grades :/ I wanna go to Brighton though :biggrin: it looks so good argh *_*
also a gap year break from education wouldn't hurt :3 i'll just do an AS or something to keep some sort of education going so when I go back iit's not like "urghhhh what's a number?"
and then i'll play videogames and travel and shop and do errythang :biggrin:

yupp! and yeah true every day counts haha :biggrin:

Original post by spiritless98
This made me smile 😊😊
Also, I need clarification
Are we going to die together because we're screwed?
Or are we going to unscrew ourselves and actually get the grades 😂
Posted from TSR Mobile

awhhh i'm glad! :smile:
well i meant we shall UNSCREW OURSELVES and we SHALL PASS

that's right Gandalf! can't tell me what to do :colonhash:
Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Just had mocks and feel like i've done below par on all of them.

My mum keeps pestering me to revise more but I feel like she doesnt actually understand that i cant sustain my focus for more than an hour since after an hour at home my brain gets bored(not good but i genuinely fall apart at this part).Moreover,I feel like the way she acts as if im the worst student in class and do nothing at home is just annoying since I actually do my homework at school and try to revise during my frees (theres no alternative anyway since i dont bring my phone to school and we have no common room) how do you suggest i deal with this?

I feel like ive underperformed on my mocks partly due to the unpredictability of my tests.
For instance my economics teacher tested us on three topics out of the entire unit which isnt a realistic representation of the actual exam by a long shot
For english my actual exam practice has been limited by my teacher due to the focus on coursework texts so this exam was only my second attempt
For Psychology i had to revise 16 essays only to have three of them actually come up.

Now it seems as if my mum is treating this like my real performance in the exams which is really bugging me.I will admit I dont revise as much as I should but honestly I feel like i do work hard at school and i lack in exam practice...ugh Rant over I guess....this is why I hate mocks....
Original post by scrawlx101
Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Just had mocks and feel like i've done below par on all of them.

My mum keeps pestering me to revise more but I feel like she doesnt actually understand that i cant sustain my focus for more than an hour since after an hour at home my brain gets bored(not good but i genuinely fall apart at this part).Moreover,I feel like the way she acts as if im the worst student in class and do nothing at home is just annoying since I actually do my homework at school and try to revise during my frees (theres no alternative anyway since i dont bring my phone to school and we have no common room) how do you suggest i deal with this?

I feel like ive underperformed on my mocks partly due to the unpredictability of my tests.
For instance my economics teacher tested us on three topics out of the entire unit which isnt a realistic representation of the actual exam by a long shot
For english my actual exam practice has been limited by my teacher due to the focus on coursework texts so this exam was only my second attempt
For Psychology i had to revise 16 essays only to have three of them actually come up.

Now it seems as if my mum is treating this like my real performance in the exams which is really bugging me.I will admit I dont revise as much as I should but honestly I feel like i do work hard at school and i lack in exam practice...ugh Rant over I guess....this is why I hate mocks....

Exactly!
Original post by z33
haha yes i can! i can be all like "you kids had it easy, when i was your age..." :smug:
yasss positivity!!! gotta be positive or we'll never move forward :wink: i'm proud :tongue:
yes! that would be so cool omg Welsh :biggrin:
i haven't applied this year because of my predicted grades :/ I wanna go to Brighton though :biggrin: it looks so good argh *_*
also a gap year break from education wouldn't hurt :3 i'll just do an AS or something to keep some sort of education going so when I go back iit's not like "urghhhh what's a number?"
and then i'll play videogames and travel and shop and do errythang :biggrin:

yupp! and yeah true every day counts haha :biggrin:

Haha yeah you can! :tongue: I'm trying to stay positive now, though I've given up on revision for today... small steps though! Welsh is a language I've always been fascinated by, possibly because my high school form tutor was Welsh. I've heard it spoken live as well when I went to Aberystwyth for a campaign weekend, and it sounds lovely too!

Brighton does look good, what course are you aiming to do? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest