The Student Room Group

Gift Advice?

It's my girlfriend's birthday in a few weeks, and I'm just stuck trying to find a last gift :smile: I've found a couple things already, but there is one last thing that I need to find.

She loves space, so I want to find some kinda space-themed present, but I have literally no idea what to look for :lol: she's quite a tomboy, so most jewellery wouldn't work, though a simple necklace might work.

Anyone got any ideas? Nothing too much, she's pretty anti-gifts as it is :h:

Scroll to see replies

The millenium Falcon
aww alexion that is so cute :biggrin:
i'll have a think for you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by silverbolt
The millenium Falcon

I have considered star wars stuff, but I'm thinking just space in general :smile:

Original post by CoolCavy
aww alexion that is so cute :biggrin:
i'll have a think for you :smile:

Thanks Cavy :hugs:
Aww this is cute :smile:
My friend is a tomboy and I didnt wanna get her like a football or something lol. So i just put some nice pictures of us into a frame and wrote her a nice card :smile: This was for her 17th. And there isnt anything girly about that? imo

Um if that doesnt work out then maybe get her like a cool watch (again i dont think this is girly). Or maybe like a really cool baseball cap (this os either a v good idea or v bad. Theres no inbetween lol)

Good luck alexion :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by angelcake123
Aww this is cute :smile:
My friend is a tomboy and I didnt wanna get her like a football or something lol. So i just put some nice pictures of us into a frame and wrote her a nice card :smile: This was for her 17th. And there isnt anything girly about that? imo

Um if that doesnt work out then maybe get her like a cool watch (again i dont think this is girly). Or maybe like a really cool baseball cap (this os either a v good idea or v bad. Theres no inbetween lol)

Good luck alexion :smile:

Hmm, a watch might be a bit much (I've already got £40s worth, and I don't think she'd wear it anyway) and she's not so much that she'd wear a baseball cap, just that she'd never be seen in a dress etc. haha

We're both of the 'nerdy' variety, so sciencey, spacey, or video-game themed things are the way to go :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
Hmm, a watch might be a bit much (I've already got £40s worth, and I don't think she'd wear it anyway) and she's not so much that she'd wear a baseball cap, just that she'd never be seen in a dress etc. haha

We're both of the 'nerdy' variety, so sciencey, spacey, or video-game themed things are the way to go :biggrin:

Aww okay so basically my suggestions were indeed pooey :biggrin:
Um a cheaper present then may be a sciencey spacey poster if she has not got one? Or if she likes coffee then a sciencey spacet coaster. As you can tell I am not sciencey but I am trying my besttt
I just googled space galaxy necklace and something like this looks absolutely gorgeous. Don't know if she'll like it because it is a necklace but its beautiful! http://www.polyvore.com/galaxy_glass_pendant_necklace_dome/thing?id=78595932
Firebox sell some fun stuff - have a look there. They don't sell anything akin to jewellery but you might find something she'd like.
Reply 9
Original post by Alexion
It's my girlfriend's birthday in a few weeks, and I'm just stuck trying to find a last gift :smile: I've found a couple things already, but there is one last thing that I need to find.

She loves space, so I want to find some kinda space-themed present, but I have literally no idea what to look for :lol: she's quite a tomboy, so most jewellery wouldn't work, though a simple necklace might work.

A planetarium.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexion

The first thing that comes to mind is a "Van's Galaxy Backpack".
Unisex [X]
Spacey [X]
Tomboy appropriate [X]
Affordable [X]

Hope this helps!

-R
Reply 11
:bump:
look on notonthehighstreet.com
Sounds like I'm quite like your girlfriend, if I were you look online for a simple crescent moon necklace, nothing too fancy but just a little something she can keep on and wear with anything and everything :smile:
Good luck finding something!
Reply 15
Original post by ashysmithy105
Sounds like I'm quite like your girlfriend, if I were you look online for a simple crescent moon necklace, nothing too fancy but just a little something she can keep on and wear with anything and everything :smile:
Good luck finding something!

Yeah, I was thinking something along those sort of lines :h: just gotta make sure it's of good quality.
Reply 18
Original post by k3ro
That's cool.

How much more are you looking to spend atm?

No more than about £25 if I can help it :3
Reply 19
Original post by Alexion
No more than about £25 if I can help it :3

Necklaces: saturn, moon, orbit, crescent, space cat, bonus (not space)

If she likes writing check here and here

For a cat lover

Potentially for a star wars fan: 1 or 2

For a science nerd

Miscellaneous cool **** 1 2 3 4

You might also appreciate this.

Even if these don't help, I hope they at least give you ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending