The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by emiloujess
Haha yeah you can! :tongue: I'm trying to stay positive now, though I've given up on revision for today... small steps though! Welsh is a language I've always been fascinated by, possibly because my high school form tutor was Welsh. I've heard it spoken live as well when I went to Aberystwyth for a campaign weekend, and it sounds lovely too!

Brighton does look good, what course are you aiming to do? :smile:

yass! yeah small steps! you haven't given up you're just taking a break :wink:
:O nice! I've wanted to learn spanish - idk why i didn't take it for A-level but i absolutely LOVED it at GCSE and got an A in it too! :3
the people who took spanish for A-level can speak it so fluently it's not fair T_T they have classes in spanish like they don't even speak english to their teacher and they've started speaking spanish between each other too so it's like a secret language type thing X'D

#soJealous
maybe in my gap year lol

hmmm i don't know tbh but something to do with chemistry for sure! I've considered Pharmacy but i don't wanna work at a till plus there's too many pharmacists in the country already!

i've heard loads of people saying there is a LOT of maths in pure chemistry apparently so i might take Maths in my gap year just to brush up on that knowledge :3 I was also thinking of medicinal chemistry since that module on drugs and medicines interested me but, again i don't know haha

I was thinking of Computer Science too! only i don't know how to program aha so I'll do that in my gap year. If there's a chemistry with computer science course i would SO do it! there used to be one at Reading apparently but i can't find anything online :/

alot of exploring to do :tongue:
and i might just try and get a job with the MI5 after my degree :wink: but i'm not sure about that yet :3
Original post by z33
yass! yeah small steps! you haven't given up you're just taking a break :wink:
:O nice! I've wanted to learn spanish - idk why i didn't take it for A-level but i absolutely LOVED it at GCSE and got an A in it too! :3
the people who took spanish for A-level can speak it so fluently it's not fair T_T they have classes in spanish like they don't even speak english to their teacher and they've started speaking spanish between each other too so it's like a secret language type thing X'D

#soJealous
maybe in my gap year lol

hmmm i don't know tbh but something to do with chemistry for sure! I've considered Pharmacy but i don't wanna work at a till plus there's too many pharmacists in the country already!

i've heard loads of people saying there is a LOT of maths in pure chemistry apparently so i might take Maths in my gap year just to brush up on that knowledge :3 I was also thinking of medicinal chemistry since that module on drugs and medicines interested me but, again i don't know haha

I was thinking of Computer Science too! only i don't know how to program aha so I'll do that in my gap year. If there's a chemistry with computer science course i would SO do it! there used to be one at Reading apparently but i can't find anything online :/

alot of exploring to do :tongue:
and i might just try and get a job with the MI5 after my degree :wink: but i'm not sure about that yet :3

Oh, Spanish is lovely too... and Italian... I'd love to be able to speak Welsh that fluently! :redface:

Looks like you've got your gap year filled already :tongue: Yeah I was thinking of MI5 too, if I don't end up going into Politics... my dream of working in Canada might come true!
Original post by z33
Need to get AAA this year (lol) never gonna happen

anyone else stressed af?

Gonna do A2s for the second time :redface:
Reply 223
Oh, Spanish is lovely too... and Italian... I'd love to be able to speak Welsh that fluently! :redface:

Looks like you've got your gap year filled already :tongue: Yeah I was thinking of MI5 too, if I don't end up going into Politics... my dream of working in Canada might come true!

yeah it is *_* argh i wanna learn it
i feel like if you learn spanish then learning portuguese and italian and mexican spanish will become much much easier :3

haha yeah so much i wanna do! :biggrin: maybe i'll take 2 gap years X'D
whoop maybe i might be on your squad, kinda like a real life justice league X'P haha
Reply 224
Original post by Azhar Rana
Gonna do A2s for the second time :redface:

well this time you SHALL prevail

it takes guts to try again man, but you're doing it
make it count :wink:
Original post by z33
yeah it is *_* argh i wanna learn it
i feel like if you learn spanish then learning portuguese and italian and mexican spanish will become much much easier :3

haha yeah so much i wanna do! :biggrin: maybe i'll take 2 gap years X'D
whoop maybe i might be on your squad, kinda like a real life justice league X'P haha

If you want to learn it there's nothing stopping you :wink:

Haha maybe... I love Batman and those types of movies!!
I am, I need to start intense revision, wanting to get 3 As but it looks VERY unlikely :frown:
Reply 227
If you want to learn it there's nothing stopping you :wink:

Haha maybe... I love Batman and those types of movies!!

yepp! and maybe i'll learn how to edit and make fan videos and start a youtube channel full of them :biggrin:
i know some good editable songs ^_^
i'm hopeless with sony vegas though :tongue:

yasss Batman is awesome *_*
argh my favourite superhero EVAR :biggrin: :biggrin:

argh he's made of 100% pure badass
teaming up with some of the most powerful humans/ aliens and he has no superpowers himself ^_^

sorry (nerd spotted :colondollar:)
Original post by z33
yepp! and maybe i'll learn how to edit and make fan videos and start a youtube channel full of them :biggrin:
i know some good editable songs ^_^
i'm hopeless with sony vegas though :tongue:

yasss Batman is awesome *_*
argh my favourite superhero EVAR :biggrin: :biggrin:

argh he's made of 100% pure badass
teaming up with some of the most powerful humans/ aliens and he has no superpowers himself ^_^

sorry (nerd spotted :colondollar:)

He's my fave too! Apart from maybe Green Arrow :colondollar: I like the old movies (Keaton etc) more though, because ROBIN!!

Yeah don't worry, fellow nerd here :tongue:
Reply 229
He's my fave too! Apart from maybe Green Arrow :colondollar: I like the old movies (Keaton etc) more though, because ROBIN!!

Yeah don't worry, fellow nerd here :tongue:

Yass green arrow is awesome! *_*
i think my 2nd fave is the Flash - he's too much X'D
and the Hal Jordan green lantern :3

hmm i like the Batman movies but i don't like that Christian Bale was Batman
i mean i guess his acting was really good and stuff
but he just didn't look the part imo
Christian Bale looks nothing like Bruce Wayne in the comics :/
this guy does though *_* ah who even is he i need to know !

why is it that only the Superman and Spiderman (even though he's Marvel -_-) actors are so good looking T_T

but yeah Chris O'Donnell was a good Robin :wink: why the hell wasn't Robin in the Batman trilogy though -_-
but Anne Hathaway killed it as Catwoman *_*
Original post by z33
well this time you SHALL prevail

it takes guts to try again man, but you're doing it
make it count :wink:

Inshallah, Thanks alots, All the best for your A2s :u:
Reply 231
Original post by Ben4
I am, I need to start intense revision, wanting to get 3 As but it looks VERY unlikely :frown:

i know but hey, we can do it together :biggrin:

it'll be fine
just start with like an hour a day and build up from that
no point in jumping straight in into 5 hours a day and 20 hours in the weekend or you'll just stop trying X'D
we can do it :3
Original post by z33
i know but hey, we can do it together :biggrin:

it'll be fine
just start with like an hour a day and build up from that
no point in jumping straight in into 5 hours a day and 20 hours in the weekend or you'll just stop trying X'D
we can do it :3

Yes, I have been doing around an hour a day, but relaxing on weekends :biggrin:
Think I need to up it to 2 hours a day and maybe a few hours on the weekends.
Need to get 90% in Biology A2 for any chance of an A :frown: lol.
Reply 233
Original post by Ben4
Yes, I have been doing around an hour a day, but relaxing on weekends :biggrin:
Think I need to up it to 2 hours a day and maybe a few hours on the weekends.
Need to get 90% in Biology A2 for any chance of an A :frown: lol.

yeah!
i need to get...
wait i forgot my UMS lol
it was JUST a B though so lets say 210
480/600 is an A
i have 210...
so i need 270/300 this year..
HOLY **** THAT'S 90% TOO T_T

:O *dies with you*

well bio is alright so far... but i haven't hit an A yet haha been stuck on Bs in class tests
tomorrow is the mock :O the truth shall come out (lol revision? what's that?)
excretion is bane -_-
Original post by z33
yeah!
i need to get...
wait i forgot my UMS lol
it was JUST a B though so lets say 210
480/600 is an A
i have 210...
so i need 270/300 this year..
HOLY **** THAT'S 90% TOO T_T

:O *dies with you*

well bio is alright so far... but i haven't hit an A yet haha been stuck on Bs in class tests
tomorrow is the mock :O the truth shall come out (lol revision? what's that?)
excretion is bane -_-

Looks like we are in the same boat then, I have my biology mock next week too. Yeah, I hate excretion too :frown:
Reply 235
Original post by Ben4
Looks like we are in the same boat then, I have my biology mock next week too. Yeah, I hate excretion too :frown:

yeah :frown:

argh i need to revise
it's tomorrow at 2:30 and i've got frees all morning luckily :3
i think i'll finish excretion tonight and call it a day

#yolo

if i come out with an A somehow i will slap my teacher for predicting me a B -_-

i don't have a problem with the concepts at all, like nothing is HARD i understand everything but it's not staying in my brain... there's just too much!
memory is the problem here - and that's like unfixable :frown:
Original post by z33
yeah :frown:

argh i need to revise
it's tomorrow at 2:30 and i've got frees all morning luckily :3
i think i'll finish excretion tonight and call it a day

#yolo

if i come out with an A somehow i will slap my teacher for predicting me a B -_-

i don't have a problem with the concepts at all, like nothing is HARD i understand everything but it's not staying in my brain... there's just too much!
memory is the problem here - and that's like unfixable :frown:

I agree, there is soooooooooooooooooooooo much content :frown:. But I looked on past exam papers you basically need around 70% RAW marks for 90% ums, so it is achievable!! I'm predicted a B aswell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpSkOVXeqck

anyone in my position should really watch this? got advice from this person :smile: honestly made me feel much better about myself
Reply 238
Original post by Ben4
I agree, there is soooooooooooooooooooooo much content :frown:. But I looked on past exam papers you basically need around 70% RAW marks for 90% ums, so it is achievable!! I'm predicted a B aswell.

:O so that's like 42/60

that seems fairly achievable
YES come on we can do this pfffttt 70% is like a B (strictly speaking) :3
lets just aim for 100% raw marks and then if we miss it but 10, 15 raw marks (that's like... a 6 marker, a 5 marker and a 4 marker :O ) it wouldn't be a problem :3
Reply 239
Original post by scrawlx101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpSkOVXeqck

anyone in my position should really watch this? got advice from this person :smile: honestly made me feel much better about myself

omg so recent :O
watching it rn thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest