The Student Room Group

Race politics and gender segregation at Oldham by-election.

Labour up to their old tricks again, confirming yet again that their liberal multiculturalism experiment has absolutely nothing to do with 'liberalism' and absolutely everything to do with increasing vote share amongst minority groups they know will vote for them (minority groups vote left).

https://twitter.com/Debbie_abrahams/status/670976808314081280

Of course, we've seen it all before - it was Harriet Harman who recently declared it would be 'rude' to interfere with a Labour Party even segregated along gender lines to appeal to Muslim voters.

If it isn't clear by now, Labour hates white people. As far as the party is concerned, the term 'white' is a pejorative - it can be found in their numerous pejorative references, across all levels of their party, towards the white ethnicity.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/8994068/Diane-Abbott-White-people-love-playing-divide-and-rule.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3197100/Labour-not-run-two-white-men-says-Cooper-Leadership-contender-launches-stinging-attack-Corbyn-says-party-needs-feminist-approach.html

http://labourlist.org/2015/06/labours-leadership-contest-is-all-white-what-does-that-say-about-the-party-for-equality/

Why people vote for a party which is so fundamentally self-loathing and clearly so intent on societal deconstruction of predominantly white countries is beyond me.

Very few people have a problem with immigration, many people have a problem with politicians using race and gender to manufacture their own nefarious political outcomes and divide society up in the name of a what they deem to be a common good. What' worse, their actions are more often than not the precise definition of the very prejudice they claim to be opposed to.

As far as the modern Labour Party is concerned, it is in their best interest to manufacture the notion being white is, by default, a transgression. Race politics is the only thing keeping the Labour Party in the race in Oldham - without the Asian vote, they'd have tanked and would finish well behind UKIP; as it stands, they stand to retain a very, very slim majority (in what was, at the 2015 GE, a safe seat). This is one of the first elections where multiculturalism is demonstrably keeping Labour in the lead, they've literally imported a new electorate to keep them in the race.

How far will they be willing to bend to keep the minority vote? They clearly condone segregation, what else will they be willing to condone to keep minority cultures sweet? They need more immigration, not less. It's the only way anyone will vote for them.

If you hate yourself and you want to manufacture a guilt society, vote Labour.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Labour is still segregating audiences.. Unbelievable.. I really hope UKIP wins this
Reply 2
Original post by demx9

How do you know that the audience didn't naturally self-segregate?
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
How do you know that the audience didn't naturally self-segregate?

Isn't that just as bad? It tells us something about the people who vote Labour in Oldham if they voluntarily chose to self-segregate.

Anyway, the idea that their is segreagation is wrong. There was no segregation. You can clearly see women on the left in the "men's" area.

Diane Abbott is however a racist bigot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlwaysWatching

Anyway, the idea that their is segreagation is wrong. There was no segregation. You can clearly see women on the left in the "men's" area.

Yep...all of them white women.

How many men do you seen in amongst the women? None.
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Yep...all of them white women.

Indeed - therefore not segregated based on sex.

I did also however say: "It tells us something about the people who vote Labour in Oldham if they voluntarily chose to self-segregate."

That was in reference to the (presumed) male and female Muslims who seemed to have segregated themselves voluntarily.
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Indeed - therefore not segregated based on sex.

I did also however say: "It tells us something about the people who vote Labour in Oldham if they voluntarily chose to self-segregate."

That was in reference to the (presumed) male and female Muslims who seemed to have segregated themselves voluntarily.

I think it tells us more about the political party which is eager to appeal to people who 'willingly' (pfft, please) segregate.

There are no men amongst the women. Why wouldn't anyone, in a fricking liberal democracy, and worse, in a position of social responsibility as representatives of the United Kingdom, raise this? Why are people incapable of joining the dots and identifying the wider implications of such an action?

This is a political event. It's not a mosque. It's a disgrace and tells me everything I need to know about the self-loathing Labour Party and how far it is willing to bend to keep its minority vote sweet. They are vapid and devoid of the very moralities the exploit and promote on an incessant basis.

They are implicitly condoning religious conservatism while they campaign along gender lines to secure votes. It's outright hypocrisy and fundamentally dishonourable; what's worse, it's becoming a trend and begs the question: what's the next sacrifice to secure the minority vote?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
I think it tells us more about the political party which is eager to appeal to people who 'willingly' (pfft, please) segregate.

There are no men amongst the women. Why wouldn't anyone, in a fricking liberal democracy, and worse, in a position of social responsibility as representatives of the United Kingdom, raise this? Why are people incapable of joining the dots and identifying the wider implications of such an action?

This is a political event. It's not a mosque. It's a disgrace and tells me everything I need to know about the self-loathing Labour Party and how far it is willing to bend to keep its minority vote sweet. They are vapid and devoid of the very moralities the exploit and promote on an incessant basis.

They are implicitly condoning religious conservatism while they campaign along gender lines to secure votes. It's outright hypocrisy and fundamentally dishonourable; what's worse, it's becoming a trend and begs the question: what's the next sacrifice to secure the minority vote?

Of course, I don't disagree.
Religious Jewish groups 'self-segregate' and by a majority vote Tory...

Pathetic attempt to smear the Labour party this. Get a life.
Labours real policy! segregation!, UKIP's vision is a united Britain where we all live in a cohesive society.
Labour5lyfe. I love TSR's right wingers, always so desperate
tbh its just what primary school children would do...take what you want from that
Original post by hungryhannah
tbh its just what primary school children would do...take what you want from that

not in my primary school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending