The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
Or I'm just the other guy who can take a joke and doesn't start acting like a bitch when his feelings get hurt.

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
You are, at most, 3 years older. Don't talk like you're ****ing Rinus Michels and put others down for their age. There's enough people who've been critical of Wenger, and have infinitely more football knowledge than you'll ever have.

Bait status... Taken :colone:

Sorry lads just pissed at the result, the poor management of injuries and then the ridiculous fans calling Wenger out tipped me over the edge.

This club is a joke sometimes
Original post by leinad2012

Sorry lads just pissed at the result, the poor management of injuries and then the ridiculous fans calling Wenger out tipped me over the edge.

The injury status is exactly why so many fans are pissed at the old fool
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
The injury status is exactly why so many fans are pissed at the old fool

I agree, Sanchez is criminal, to not bench him when he's carrying an injury is beyond stupid.

The thing is, these "Wenger out" comments must be firmly tongue in cheek (at least i hope so otherwise the stupidity is laughable) but it'll lead to certain members on here wumming and gives us a really ****ty reputation.

It makes me and other fans who aren't so reactionary look like complete dickheads by association
Not gonna lie, I want to see Wenger go too but I doubt anybody else can make an instant impact at the club
Arsenal fans are incredibly reactionary. Pathetic.
^.
Original post by AliRizzo
So so difficult to watch us throwing another season away.

IS IT? Is it really?

Is it more difficult to see your team 2pts off the top of the table than seeing your team slump to back to back defeats whilst sitting 17th in the second division?

It's been over 10 years since we were up there :emo:
Original post by TornadoGR4
IS IT? Is it really?

Is it more difficult to see your team 2pts off the top of the table than seeing your team slump to back to back defeats whilst sitting 17th in the second division?

To be fair, just accept the standards are different.

That being said, being two points off the top by no means warrants an unnecessary melt down.
next match we could be without four of our regular starters. I doubt anyone is fazed by

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Gabriel Monreal
Flamini Cazorla
Ramsey Ozil Ox
Giroud

(Yes Walcott's probably back but then again he won't start, and when he does get on the pitch, a good team will already be 5-0 up)
(edited 8 years ago)
IS IT? Is it really?

It's been over 10 years since we were up there :emo:

Honestly, I ****ing hate this attitude. This narrative of only being 2 points off the top is ridiculous when we should realistically be 5 points ahead of the pack. Dropping points against two of the worst teams in the league in WBA and Norwich is nothing to be proud of even if we were 10 in front at the top.

Wenger said the same thing in his post match press conference earlier and it's really irked me. I'm furious that he's so content with such poor poor results. Can't expect any less from what has now become a poor poor manager.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
To be fair, just accept the standards are different..

[video="youtube;0cgbZqR2AGI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI[/video]
Original post by The Shed End
Arsenal fans are incredibly reactionary. Pathetic.

Here we go again with your bull****. I'm stunned, honestly, it's mind blowing just how thick you are.

Arsenal fans are anything but reactionary. It's been 11 damn years. Same injuries as it was last season and the season before that and the season before that.

Reactionary you know.
Honestly, I ****ing hate this attitude. This narrative of only being 2 points off the top is ridiculous when we should realistically be 5 points ahead of the pack. Dropping points against two of the worst teams in the league in WBA and Norwich is nothing to be proud of even if we were 10 in front at the top.

And I hate this attitude.

The fact is you're not. It's easy to say "we should be here" but you're not. Every team drops points against teams they expect to win against. You can't beat everyone. Respect the smaller teams that played well and got a result against you, because they deserved it. Lets not forget tonight that not only were you 1-0 up, it was also a fortunate goal from Ruddy's poor clearance
And I hate this attitude.

The fact is you're not. It's easy to say "we should be here" but you're not. Every team drops points against teams they expect to win against. You can't beat everyone. Respect the smaller teams that played well and got a result against you, because they deserved it. Lets not forget tonight that not only were you 1-0 up, it was also a fortunate goal from Ruddy's poor clearance

Boo-****ing-hoo. Arsenal got a slight bit of luck, and even then it was still a difficult chance to put away and a great finish from Mesut. In the last two games WBA and Norwich have had a grand total of 3 shots on target, and guess how many goals?

A missed penalty and an own goal to boot. I don't think your argument holds any credibility when talking about Arsenal getting lucky. I haven't even started on the god damn injuries either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Here we go again with your bull****. I'm stunned, honestly, it's mind blowing just how thick you are.

Arsenal fans are anything but reactionary. It's been 11 damn years. Same injuries as it was last season and the season before that and the season before that.

Reactionary you know.

@Lucio @Rk2k14

The irony of a reactionary post claiming Arsenal fans aren't reactionary.

Thanks for taking the bait like a trooper though, was starting to think you lot had wised up haha
Original post by leinad2012

I don't understand why people wanting Wenger out makes you so angry. It's not as if it's a reactionary thing either, I've wanted Wenger out for a long time.
Boo-****ing-hoo. Arsenal got a slight bit of luck, and even then it was still a difficult chance to put away and a great finish from Mesut. In the last two games WBA and Norwich have had a grand total of 3 shots on target, and guess how many goals?

A missed penalty and an own goal to boot. I don't think your argument holds any credibility when talking about Arsenal getting lucky. I haven't even started on the god damn injuries either.

I don't know what you don't understand about this

EVERY TEAM IS EQUAL. It's not like you have disadvantaged rules to play with. You didn't win and seem to think that's Norwich's fault for having fewer shots on target? Baffling.
Original post by The Shed End

@Lucio @Rk2k14

The irony of a reactionary post claiming Arsenal fans aren't reactionary.

Thanks for taking the bait like a trooper though, was starting to think you lot had wised up haha

So is this your reply every time you get snuffed out for having zero football knowledge and know your argument has got stuck in the mud?

Step 1 - tag your boyfriends to show them how much of a nob you are.
Step 2 - Immediately use one of the following terms to show how internet savvy you are: fishing, salty or some other nonsense.

Or for added bonus to show you're ten feet tall, attach a picture of a man fishing because, you know, you're so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: forgot to add use a hashtag to show that you're also used to spreading your stupidity to other social media sites!!!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
So is this your reply every time you get snuffed out for having zero football knowledge?

Step 1 - tag your boyfriends to show them how much of a nob you are.
Step 2 - Immediately use one of the following terms to show how internet savvy you are: fishing, salty or some other nonsense.

Or for added bonus to show you're ten feet tall, attach a picture of a man fishing because, you know, you're so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: forgot to add use a hashtag to show that you're also used to spreading your stupidity to other social media sites!!!!!

serious football discussion died long ago on "big club" threads. accept that.
I don't know what you don't understand about this

EVERY TEAM IS EQUAL. It's not like you have disadvantaged rules to play with. You didn't win and seem to think that's Norwich's fault for having fewer shots on target? Baffling.

When did I say that? FFS getting really annoyed now.

You're the one who was implying that Arsenal got lucky with their goal in the first place. I replied saying that Arsenal don't get a huge amount of luck anyway so that counterbalances your argument. That's it.

Latest