The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how to revise for the maths section of the interview?
Reply 341
Original post by HCAssistant93
I'm a graduate too!

Do you think they compare our applications amongst undergrads or more "against" each other's? (If that makes sense)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a graduate, and both my friends were graduates also and they received interviews in March last year, so I honestly would not stress right until the end for Keele :smile:
Original post by WALMO
I am a graduate, and both my friends were graduates also and they received interviews in March last year, so I honestly would not stress right until the end for Keele :smile:

Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WALMO

Did any of them/ you get asked for your transcripts?
Original post by Charlottemc1234

What's your degree in? They may be looking to see if there enough science/ chemistry in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 345

Yes, we all got asked actually! I got a C in chemistry A level , but my transcripts were okay with a mixture of 2:1s 1sts and a few 2:2s but my problem was the R and R form last year, academically I was okay
Original post by Lisagee10
What's your degree in? They may be looking to see if there enough science/ chemistry in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they said they were looking for chemistry content, my degree is microbiology I just hoped there's enough!
Original post by WALMO
Yes, we all got asked actually! I got a C in chemistry A level , but my transcripts were okay with a mixture of 2:1s 1sts and a few 2:2s but my problem was the R and R form last year, academically I was okay

That's so reassuring to hear as I am in a similar position chemistry-wise, being a graduate applicant! Did you put your individual module marks on UCAS or just put your overall degree classification, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 348
Original post by katherine_b
That's so reassuring to hear as I am in a similar position chemistry-wise, being a graduate applicant! Did you put your individual module marks on UCAS or just put your overall degree classification, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I put all my module marks, what about yourself??
Yeah they said they were looking for chemistry content, my degree is microbiology I just hoped there's enough!

Well that's a bit strange that they asked you then. You'd think there was def enough chemistry in microbiology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! I didn't because I didn't realise we had to!
Original post by WALMO
I put all my module marks, what about yourself??

Same here! I didn't because I didn't realise we had to!

Yeah I put all my module marks down...but I havnt been asked for my transcript. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not?
I did biomed so hoping that there was sufficient chemistry in that to compensate for my a level Chem!
Reply 352
Yeah I put all my module marks down...but I havnt been asked for my transcript. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not?
I did biomed so hoping that there was sufficient chemistry in that to compensate for my a level Chem!

I did one module in chemistry (got only 52%) and a couple of biochem modules (2:1s) and I was fine. I didn't get asked to send my transcript last year until the February I think!
Original post by Lisagee10
Well that's a bit strange that they asked you then. You'd think there was def enough chemistry in microbiology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd think so, I hope they put me out of my misery either way soon!
So do they ask all grads for transcripts? And is that just the sheets of results we got at graduation?

I did physiology. Got B at A level and got 1sts in Chem module and pharmacology module except for one 2.2 and then the other biochem ones I got 2.1s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
So do they ask all grads for transcripts? And is that just the sheets of results we got at graduation?

I did physiology. Got B at A level and got 1sts in Chem module and pharmacology module except for one 2.2 and then the other biochem ones I got 2.1s?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe? I'm on my third year so had to give them grades for first and second year modules
Reply 356
I'm a graduate applicant in my final year, I wasn't asked for my transcript, but probably because I had declared my module results on UCAS already. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barely
I'm a graduate applicant in my final year, I wasn't asked for my transcript, but probably because I had declared my module results on UCAS already. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clever man
Original post by Cravez
Clever man

I put all mine on as well so let's hope I won't have to send one in!!
Original post by Barely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending