The Student Room Group

How many mathematics textbooks is it realistic to study cover to cover

if I start now (at age 23) with the background knowledge of half a degree in maths and advanced highers all at A grade in maths, applied maths and physics.

Also, which areas of mathematics would be best to focus on?
Reply 1
Original post by nohomo
if I start now (at age 23) with the background knowledge of half a degree in maths and advanced highers all at A grade in maths, applied maths and physics.

Also, which areas of mathematics would be best to focus on?

start what?

focus for what?
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
start what?

focus for what?

this is just as a leisure hobby, maybe for 2-3 hours a day.

I have lots of maths textbooks, far too many to study, so I'm trying to sell a few off and trying to figure out which ones to sell.
I would say roughly the limit of the sequence (11, 11+12, 11+12+13, 11+12+13+14, )\left(\frac11,\ \frac11+\frac12,\ \frac11+\frac12+\frac13,\ \frac11+\frac12+\frac13+\frac14,\ \dots \right)
Reply 4
Original post by Mpagtches
I would say roughly the limit of the sequence (11, 11+12, 11+12+13, 11+12+13+14, )\left(\frac11,\ \frac11+\frac12,\ \frac11+\frac12+\frac13,\ \frac11+\frac12+\frac13+\frac14,\ \dots \right)

come on dawg we all know that sequence's limit aint finite
Original post by nohomo
come on dawg we all know that sequence's limit aint finite

Better get studying then, hadn't you :p:
Reply 6
Original post by nohomo
this is just as a leisure hobby, maybe for 2-3 hours a day.

I have lots of maths textbooks, far too many to study, so I'm trying to sell a few off and trying to figure out which ones to sell.

bizarre reasoning but clearly it depends on the type and size of books as well as the timescale (e.g from the age of 23 until you are ... ?)

Quick Reply

Latest