The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8180
Is knowledge of Calculus required for Economics interview?
Original post by kjh980215
14th ~ 16th Dec, Corpus Christi College for chemistry, anyone with me?

Congrats for your interview call.

When did you get interview email/letter?
Original post by Eznomics
It says on the Trinity website that short listing decisions have been sent for my course, Economics and Management. However, I have yet to receive anything from Trinity. Does this mean that I have been rejected?

I've applied for E&M at Trinity too
Have not yet received any reply
Reply 8183
Original post by fran_fran
I'm 6th-9th at Mansfield too! English :biggrin:

Same (English) 6th-9th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ceco_moev
I'm from 6th to 9th!! What course? I'm for PPE :smile:

I'm there for oriental studies! Hopefully see you there
Original post by Leondarius
I read earlier today a post of someone who was planning to fly in the very same day of the interview. It may not be a good idea. If you are flying into Heathrow air traffic can be unpredictable and it easy to get delayed, you don't need the extra stress of fearing to miss your meetings. If you are from a small city you may not be accustomed to the traffic surrounding metropolis like London. I am under the impression that colleges have no issue offering an extra night stay to candidates who are coming from abroad. Do yourself a favour give yourself the gift of traveling worry free. We live near London and about 20 minutes from Heathrow so I know how congested the area can get.

I'm arriving on the same day, but I only have to arrive by 6pm on Sunday, so I'm assuming there won't be any interviews that day and that a delay wouldn't be the end of the world (ofc I'm writing my college anyway to make sure because I'm obsessing)
Original post by kind3110
Congrats for your interview call.

When did you get interview email/letter?

Thanks my friend, first of all i made an open application, then i got an email from admission team that my application had gone to Exeter College after 1week later i applied, however this Monday i received an email that now i have an interview in Corpus Christi College. Hope this helps
Original post by neils_h
Got my PPE interview offer at St Edmund Hall last night! Is anyone else going?

St Edmund interviewee here! but for History and Politics instead. Doesn't seem to be many Teddy Hall people on TSR...
Original post by kjh980215
Thanks my friend, first of all i made an open application, then i got an email from admission team that my application had gone to Exeter College after 1week later i applied, however this Monday i received an email that now i have an interview in Corpus Christi College. Hope this helps

Thanks friend. Good luck with your interview.
Original post by ylmdk
Is knowledge of Calculus required for Economics interview?

For the British people who have studied A level mathematics, most will be confident with calculus - differentiation and integration. So I'd perhaps reccomend brushing up on it.

However, they do emphasise that the interviews aren't a test of knowledge, but your suitability to learn at Oxford! So if it does come up in interview, try your hardest and let them know you haven't covered it - it shouldn't hinder you.
Reply 8190
how are people preparing for their law interviews?????
Anyone applying to mathematics and computer science ?? My MAT is about 50 and I still have not got the interview offer yet.

My college : st hugh ....
Original post by tommylassafunny
Anyone applying to mathematics and computer science ?? My MAT is about 50 and I still have not got the interview offer yet.

How can you know the MAT score? Or is that just an estimate?
Original post by canboys
How can you know the MAT score? Or is that just an estimate?

I said "about". Did you get the interview?
Original post by fs1
how are people preparing for their law interviews?????

Currently my priority is finishing the books that I said I've read in my PS... But then I'll just be making sure I have ideas for the 'warm up questions' such as 'Why Oxford?', 'Why Law?' Etc. I listened to the law podcast the other day and the tutors said that they don't particularly like it when applicants have learnt things off by heart, but those questions are meant to be a gentle introduction to the interview so make sure they won't fluster you straight away
I said "about". Did you get the interview?

Ah, silly me :smile: I often misread things. I feel I probably got about the same.

No I haven't got one. I haven't heard anything back yet.
Original post by canboys
Ah, silly me :smile: I often misread things. I feel I probably got about the same.

No I haven't got one. I haven't heard anything back yet.

isn't it the worst feeling ever? Like desperately waiting for the interview offer when the truth is even thought you get it, you might not even get accepted :frown:

I regret not taking MC questions seriously. :frown:
Original post by Jeteesha
I've applied for E&M at Trinity too
Have not yet received any reply

I've applied to Trinity for PPE, I saw the post but also haven't received anything. I believe it may be up from last year, or it's simply a delay. I'm going to call them tomorrow, I'd suggest you do the same. Best of luck!
I've applied for Human Sciences at Wadham and it says on their website that they've sent decisions via email but I've received nothing!!!!!!!!!

Most people applying to St Hugh's haven't heard a reply from them yet, they'll probably end up sending out invitations later this week

Latest

Trending

Trending