The Student Room Group

What did people get in gcse mocks compared to real exams?

Scroll to see replies

From what I can remember (I'm doing this from the first mocks i ever did so i improved a bit in some subjects in later mocks)

RS: D - A*
Music: D - B
English Lang: A* - A (so annoyed)
English Lit: (didn't do a mock) - A
Maths: C (maybe a B) - A
Biology: A - A*
Physics: A - A*
Chemistry: A - A
History: A - A*
French: U in the listening, C in the listening - A overall
German: idk, probably Bs & Cs - B
I got b's in mocks but got a's and an a* in the real thing. I know people who revised lots for mocks and did well and so felt too confident for the summer and revised less so subsequently did worse😁
(edited 8 years ago)
If you get disappointing grades in your mocks like I did, use them to think about where you went wrong and how you can do better in the future. I haven't taken my actual GCSE's yet but now I understand how to improve and what to do to do really well in them
subject------------mock-------------actual
maths ---------------- A --------------A*
Chemistry------------A*--------------A*
Physics----------------A---------------A*
Biology----------------A---------------A*
R.E--------------------D----------------A*
Geography----------C----------------A*
Business Studies---E----------------A
English Lang---------D---------------A
P.E---------------------C----------------B
English Lit------------D-----------------B
I did 1000x better in my real exams than my mocks, your mocks are just a learning experience, if you make mistakes then that is great! Because you know you won't make mistakes in your real exams, I didn't get a single A* in my mocks and then got 6A*s and 5A*s in my exams! Don't stress out too much!!
Original post by OliviaJH
OKAY so I really want to know what other people got for their mocks GCSEs compared to their real ones in the summer, i feel really disheartened now because my first few haven't gone too well (im partway through). I didn't revise as much as i normally would because i had some other things going on and i am so so scared and worried because my target grades are high :frown:
Original post by Dabo_26
Mocks: 2 A* 8 A 1 B and a D in History, lol

Actual : 12A* 1 A

I think u missed a grade for ur mock results because it doesnt add up to 12 lol or did u not do a mock for that subject? But omfg u have the perfect grades! Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NellWatson
I did 1000x better in my real exams than my mocks, your mocks are just a learning experience, if you make mistakes then that is great! Because you know you won't make mistakes in your real exams, I didn't get a single A* in my mocks and then got 6A*s and 5A*s in my exams! Don't stress out too much!!

You got 6 A*s and 5 A*s haha do you mean 6A*s and 5As or 11A*s :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whoops my mistake, I meant 6 A*'s and 5As, you can tell that I didn't do IT GCSE!
I wish I got 11 A*s!
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
You got 6 A*s and 5 A*s haha do you mean 6A*s and 5As or 11A*s :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
I think u missed a grade for ur mock results because it doesnt add up to 12 lol or did u not do a mock for that subject? But omfg u have the perfect grades! Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did RE in yr 10 :smile:
Mocks: A in biology, A* in chemistry, A in physics, A* in maths, A* in English literature, A* in English language, A* in German, A* in ICT, A* in history and A* in RE

(8 A*s and 2 As)

GCSEs: A* in biology, A* in chemistry, A* in physics, A* in maths, A* in English literature, A* in English language, A* in German, A* in ICT, A* in history and A in RE.

(9 A*s and 1 A)
Original post by NellWatson
Whoops my mistake, I meant 6 A*'s and 5As, you can tell that I didn't do IT GCSE!
I wish I got 11 A*s!

Haha oh well you still got amazing grades! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dabo_26
I did RE in yr 10 :smile:

Oh okk! Thats so good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mocks
A*A*ABBCDDDD
Real
A*AAABBBBBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Straight Es/Us to BBCCCCCCCC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(I did less GCSEs in my real GCSEs than my mocks because of mitigating circumstances, so I've left out the subjects I was going to do but didn't).

English Language - Mock: A, Real: A*
English Literature - Mock: A*, Real: A*
Maths - Mock: A, Real: A
Double & Core Science - A and A respectively in mock and real.
Business - Mock: B, Real: A
History - Mock: A*, Real: A*
(edited 8 years ago)
In my mocks i got B, 3C's, 4D's, E, F, U
In my actual GCSE's i got 4A's 5B's and 2C's
Im sure you will do brilliantly, do the work and you will be fine. In my mocks i did next to no revision and then worked so hard for my actual grades. Hard work pays off
Original post by I Don't Care
Mocks: A in biology, A* in chemistry, A in physics, A* in maths, A* in English literature, A* in English language, A* in German, A* in ICT, A* in history and A* in RE

(8 A*s and 2 As)

GCSEs: A* in biology, A* in chemistry, A* in physics, A* in maths, A* in English literature, A* in English language, A* in German, A* in ICT, A* in history and A in RE.

(9 A*s and 1 A)

Great results!
Love the profile pic btw :hugs:
I got 3 u's 8 e's 2 d's and an a* in the mock and got an a* 3 a's 6 b's and 3 c's in the gcse
I can't remember my exact mock grades but I definitely remember I did far far far better in my real GCSE's. Like I got a D in Geography in my mock, then revised the facts (the stuff that gets you the marks) and got an A in my GCSE.
Reply 199
Hey everyone, I thought I would just make a update on this forum in case people in the future come across this thread in the same situation.

Mocks: 4A* 6As 2Bs
Real: 9A* 3As

Goodluck to all student out there!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest