The Student Room Group

Is it normal to still be attracted to other people when in a relationship?

I've never been in a relationship before my current boyfriend and been with him 7 months and up until now have obviously still been to acknowledge other boys are good looking but never really found anyone else attractive. Now I just recently made a good friend who is a guy who is very typically good looking (just a fact) and although I know I would never do anything about it I have found myself attracted to him.. is this normal or is it bad?
Yeah what people don't seem to understand about relationships is that yes there is a world of people out there a lot of whom are attractive but firstly you can't have them all and secondly relationships are a choice to commit to a particular person regardless of the fact that there are loads of other people out there. That is what a relationship is!
Reply 2
Completely normal.
Reply 3
Original post by Little Popcorns
Yeah what people don't seem to understand about relationships is that yes there is a world of people out there a lot of whom are attractive but firstly you can't have them all and secondly relationships are a choice to commit to a particular person regardless of the fact that there are loads of other people out there. That is what a relationship is!

Ok wow yeah this makes me feel loads better. I was confused because obviously he's good looking but also I really get on with him as a friend so I felt guilty that I was attracted to him and him also being a good friend. But I know I would never cheat or leave my bf for him so it's ok.
Original post by Anonymous
I've never been in a relationship before my current boyfriend and been with him 7 months and up until now have obviously still been to acknowledge other boys are good looking but never really found anyone else attractive. Now I just recently made a good friend who is a guy who is very typically good looking (just a fact) and although I know I would never do anything about it I have found myself attracted to him.. is this normal or is it bad?

Yea it's completely normal.

The difference is if it effects your relationship and if you act on those attractions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Totally normal. Its only if you want to start acting on your attraction to other people that it becomes a problem. To simply find someone attractive while in a relationship is normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's normal, I read somewhere that humans aren't sexually monogamous in nature! And just a question for everyone, but is there a clear distinction between acknowledging that somebody is attractive versus being attracted to them? I'm asking because I have been in a small number of relationships before my current one (in which I am experiencing a love with more depth than I ever have before), and I have found that now, while I can recognise that someone (other than bf) looks attractive, I do not feel attracted to them... And I'm trying to figure out if that makes sense :redface:
Reply 7
Yeah it's normal, I read somewhere that humans aren't sexually monogamous in nature! And just a question for everyone, but is there a clear distinction between acknowledging that somebody is attractive versus being attracted to them? I'm asking because I have been in a small number of relationships before my current one (in which I am experiencing a love with more depth than I ever have before), and I have found that now, while I can recognise that someone (other than bf) looks attractive, I do not feel attracted to them... And I'm trying to figure out if that makes sense :redface:

Well that's how I felt until this guy. I think it's different for me because I'm in a long distance relationship I miss my boyfriend and he is a good looking attractive friend it has made it more of an attraction than just accepting he's good looking. But I wouldnt ever act on it so it's ok i think?
Course it is, we are biologically driven, looking for the best gene combinations for reproducing, even if subconsciously.
Well that's how I felt until this guy. I think it's different for me because I'm in a long distance relationship I miss my boyfriend and he is a good looking attractive friend it has made it more of an attraction than just accepting he's good looking. But I wouldnt ever act on it so it's ok i think?

Aw, I'm LDR-ing too! And yeah don't worry about it, if it's making you feel bad maybe you can think of how you can make the friendship seem more platonic to you???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending