The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

hello, i have just received an interview for one of my university for adult nursing. on the email they sent me, it says i should bring my gcse cirtificats on the day. however, i have realised that i have lost them. what shall i do?? im soo scared. i really dont to be rejected for this reason. pls help!!!!
Original post by mismash
hello, i have just received an interview for one of my university for adult nursing. on the email they sent me, it says i should bring my gcse cirtificats on the day. however, i have realised that i have lost them. what shall i do?? im soo scared. i really dont to be rejected for this reason. pls help!!!!

Contact your school? They should have a copy of them, or you can get in contact with the exam boards? It may cost you to get more sent out to you though :smile: don't panic! X
Original post by helpmeplease96
Contact your school? They should have a copy of them, or you can get in contact with the exam boards? It may cost you to get more sent out to you though :smile: don't panic! X

thanks for your kind reply.
i have contaced each exam board and paid for thr cirtificates but they said it will take 35 working days and my interview is next week. do you think a simple paper copy with all my gcse grades will be fine because i have this from school.
Original post by mismash
thanks for your kind reply.
i have contaced each exam board and paid for thr cirtificates but they said it will take 35 working days and my interview is next week. do you think a simple paper copy with all my gcse grades will be fine because i have this from school.

No problems :smile: if it was me I would explain to the university before the interview of your situation and that you could email them the certificates when they arrived?
Original post by bethanyc4305
hi, ive heard back from Cumbria :smile:

awesome and good luck :smile:
All i've had is a acknowledgment email when i sent my UCAS off almost a month ago..guess it's better than nothing though!
Original post by EPrice95
Hey I've been accepted by Hallam too for adults nursing :smile: thinking maybe I could set up a thread on the Hallam board on here for September 2016 intake? Are you doing adult nursing

I'm doing childrens but a nursing board for Hallam 2016 would be good :smile:
Original post by mismash

Hello. Don't worry this happened me. Contact admissions and explain and they just tell you to make sure to have them if youre offered a place later on x
Has anyone heard from that Plymouth? They said they would get back to us in about a week, but the wait is killing me!
Original post by emmawebb
Hello. Don't worry this happened me. Contact admissions and explain and they just tell you to make sure to have them if youre offered a place later on x

I've misplaced 1 of my A2 certs and an AS cert plus i've an interview on the 2nd.
Literally they just said what you said, but also to bring along the provisional statement of results (and a photocopy of that too)
Reply 1069
Original post by ChancedTravels
Hi everyone! :biggrin:

So now that the 2015 applicants are about to become real life student nurses, I thought we should have a thread for 2016 entry applicants. Applications are open and I for one am panicking already, so might be nice to have a support group! :tongue:

Let's all introduce ourselves!

Branch:
Uni(s) applying to:
Relevant experience/extra info:

I'll start...

Branch: Child Nursing

Uni(s) applying to: King's, LSBU, City, Kingston, Middlesex

Relevant experience/extra info: Hospital ward volunteering, teen mental health volunteering, sure start, worked as a tutor, supply TA, and have a job interview this week for a LD support worker role! Also got shadowing in a therapy clinic and a hospice coming up in October

EEEK! its almost time to pay and send!

My choices are LSBU, Kings, Middx, Herts and Anglia Rusking Cambridge (Not in any specific order) and im going in for Adult Nursing.

My relevant experiences are working as a domicilary carer, and for the blood and transplant service.

I have been doing some research into interviews and found some questions asked such as:
Why do you want to be a nurse?
How would you connect with patients who appear to have nothing in common with you?
How would you deal with a death on the ward you are working on?
What is the role of a nurse in a hospital or community?
How would you cope with a lot of stress?
How would you communicate with a patient who has speach difficulties.

Don't forget to look at current NHS affairs (Nursing times is a great mag to be reading)

Also look at the 6C's and the frances report :smile:

If possible get someone to give you practice interviews as well as a bit of maths revision.

Good luck everyone!
Has anyone else got an interview for Bournemouth? I've just had an offer for one and don't know whether to pick the one next week or the one in january. As I have an interview for New Bucks the day after in the January slot. Only thing is I have to travel about 2 hours to get there. So really not sure!
Reply 1071
Original post by ameychildnurse
Has anyone else got an interview for Bournemouth? I've just had an offer for one and don't know whether to pick the one next week or the one in january. As I have an interview for New Bucks the day after in the January slot. Only thing is I have to travel about 2 hours to get there. So really not sure!

If you can make it next week I'd go to that! More places available so best chances! :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I am Chris a student ambassador studying Marketing at Bournemouth University!

I see some of you have applied for BU courses! Feel free to ask me any questions about the course - or pop over to our forums here on TSR!

Thanks and good luck with your applications!

Chris :biggrin:
Ive also got accepted by Hallam for childrens nursing! Is there any board up already that we can talk on?
Original post by fc93
If you can make it next week I'd go to that! More places available so best chances! :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Went for next week, fingers crossed it all goes to plan :biggrin:
Original post by MsRaine
Has anyone heard from that Plymouth? They said they would get back to us in about a week, but the wait is killing me!

I know, what is the hold up?! I wish they hadn't said it would be a week, if it wasn't going to be.
Original post by Razmatiz
I know, what is the hold up?! I wish they hadn't said it would be a week, if it wasn't going to be.

I got impatient and phoned, apparently some answers will be going out today and tomorrow. But I've not received anything yet!
Reply 1077
is anyone going to the southampton applicant day on thurs 3rd?!
I'm still trying to find someone else who sat the Derby maths and English test, because my internet cut off and it's really upset me because I obviously haven't passed due to it cutting out and having 6 minutes left to answer like 20 questions :frown:
Still only heard back from Wolverhampton and waiting to hear back from Chester, keele and north Hampton!
Original post by MsRaine
I got impatient and phoned, apparently some answers will be going out today and tomorrow. But I've not received anything yet!

Oh well done, that is good to know... Although i only want to hear from them if it is good news! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending