The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by well.i.wonder
J'ai peur aussi. I think I'll forget how to say one single sentence in French when I have my interview. My preparation is probably reading French books and practising the interview in my head, even though I don't know what they're going to ask me. And you? How are you preparing?

Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing as well.
I'm trying to get my teachers to give me mock interviews, which are really helping at the moment. Getting someone to read through your personal statement and ask you all sorts of questions is proving very helpful in calming my fears about my interviewer asking me about something on my PS and me not being able to answer!
Original post by talaah
Has anyone heard back for computer science , at Somerville?

I'm applying there for ComSci, nothing yet. I'm imagining it'ill be a rejection for me due to a pathetic attempt at the MAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview for French and German at Hertford, not Christ Church. My friend is still waiting on LMH it just seems some colleges operate at different speeds!
Original post by fl0ppyd1sk
I'm applying there for ComSci, nothing yet. I'm imagining till be a rejection for me due to a pathetic attempt at the MAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same but for St Anne's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomharris15
what will the email title say if u have gotten an interview?

Mine said "Invitation to Interview"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rêverie
Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing as well.
I'm trying to get my teachers to give me mock interviews, which are really helping at the moment. Getting someone to read through your personal statement and ask you all sorts of questions is proving very helpful in calming my fears about my interviewer asking me about something on my PS and me not being able to answer!

Same, I have a gut feeling that these general interview questions might be the toughest ones.
Anyone still waiting for E&M?
Original post by Princepieman
Same but for St Anne's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully we will hear soon. Do you know of any ComSci applicants that have heard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by millieellen
Mine said "Invitation to Interview"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here
Hopefully we will hear soon. Do you know of any ComSci applicants that have heard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah im CompSci St Annes Oxford and I got a email inviting me to interview on Thursday
Original post by Hareve
Yeah im CompSci St Annes Oxford and I got a email inviting me to interview on Thursday

Congrats. How was your MAT?
Reply 8251
I'm applying there for ComSci, nothing yet. I'm imagining it'ill be a rejection for me due to a pathetic attempt at the MAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same case here haha , do you have any idea when they would be sending invitations out?
Original post by talaah
Same case here haha , do you have any idea when they would be sending invitations out?

If it's for Somerville I imagine not before the 7th. They're not very prompt compared to other colleges, sadly 🙃
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8253
Has anyone received invites for EP?
Original post by rvas
Has anyone received invites for EP?

I'm still waiting as well. Good to know I'm not the only one waiting
Reply 8255
Original post by Sherifezzeldin_
I'm still waiting as well. Good to know I'm not the only one waiting

What college? How did you find TSA btw?
Original post by EvasiveRose
There were game nights such as quizzes, cards and movies on last year. I think trips to G & D's may have also taken place and similar social activities will be happening this year too.

:biggrin: I didn't even notice you'd written this :tongue:
Anyone still waiting for Pembroke?
Interview for French and beginners Russian at Christ Church :biggrin: can't believe it's like in a week .___.
Interview from Christ Church for French and Beginners' Portuguese!! 😁

Latest