The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rvw4
Teddy Hall guy here! Do you know if they email out rejections as well? Interview is nine days away and waiting is starting to get stressful lol

I would assume so, I think the rejections either come before or during the interview offers. ikr the panic has well and truly set in. You interviewing for History as well?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey a friend of mine applied to Brasenose for Classics and Spanish and is worried because she has not received any invitation nor confirmation from brasenose or any college. Since Classics and Modern Languages interviews start on Monday 9 and the website says you could be invited up to a week before interviews take place, I guess she might receive her invitation today or tomorrow, am I right? She is really upset, and has pretty good grades which imo guarantee her an interview... Is it possible that she should have been notified but there was some sort of mistake from admissions when sending emails? when should she contact them in case she still doesn't receive an invitation nor confirmation? Has anybody heard from Brasenose for Classics and Modern Languages? Thanks in advance
Someone still waiting for Exeter?
Original post by Sherifezzeldin_
I'm still waiting as well. Good to know I'm not the only one waiting

I'm waiting too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my Physics interview invitation email 10 minutes ago!!! Christ Church College
Original post by zahraladha
Anyone still waiting for Pembroke?

Me! Still waiting for engineering science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone received a reply from Merton on CompSci?
Original post by hank_the_tank
Got my Physics interview invitation email 10 minutes ago!!! Christ Church College

nice well done

im still waiting on merton for physics ):
Do you get notified only by email or also by UCAS?
Just got rejected from Trinity for PPE, bummed but email them please because that's what I did. They said they sent the letter out Nov. 24th but I never got anything. Good luck everyone!
Original post by 雷尼克
nice well done

Good Luck :smile: It should come in next two days I guess
Original post by feracero
Hey a friend of mine applied to Brasenose for Classics and Spanish and is worried because she has not received any invitation nor confirmation from brasenose or any college. Since Classics and Modern Languages interviews start on Monday 9 and the website says you could be invited up to a week before interviews take place, I guess she might receive her invitation today or tomorrow, am I right? She is really upset, and has pretty good grades which imo guarantee her an interview... Is it possible that she should have been notified but there was some sort of mistake from admissions when sending emails? when should she contact them in case she still doesn't receive an invitation nor confirmation? Has anybody heard from Brasenose for Classics and Modern Languages? Thanks in advance

Just to clarify, nobody is guaranteed an interview at Oxford. It's a horrifically complex process that takes into account of many different factors, and there have been cases of people with 5 A* at A-level who haven't been offered a place.

I'm applying for History at Wadham and haven't heard anything yet, but my plan it to call them a week before the interview is scheduled to take place (starts on the 9th for me, so I'll call on Wednesday) if I haven't received anything.
[QUOTE="Saga1997;60970561"]Interview from Christ Church for French and Beginners' Portuguese!! 😁[/QUOTE

So happy for you! From the email, how did you interpret the approach for the Portuguese side of the interview? I couldn't work out whether there would be a separate interview or not. I would guess not.
Original post by whoskal
Do you get notified only by email or also by UCAS?

Just email , I have checked UCAS , there was no update regarding the interview.
Original post by 雷尼克
nice well done

So am I. I hope it comes soon
Original post by drumsticks
Just to clarify, nobody is guaranteed an interview at Oxford. It's a horrifically complex process that takes into account of many different factors, and there have been cases of people with 5 A* at A-level who haven't been offered a place.

I'm applying for History at Wadham and haven't heard anything yet, but my plan it to call them a week before the interview is scheduled to take place (starts on the 9th for me, so I'll call on Wednesday) if I haven't received anything.

hi hi. If it comes to it and that's what you end up doing, would you mind posting what they say? history at wadham here too!
I just got an interview for physics at new college :biggrin:
Today is Physics' day as it seems hahahaha. Congrats to everyone getting their invitations to interview. Merton is not that quick, I fear hahahahaha
Original post by annnief
I just got an interview for physics at new college :biggrin:

Congratulations! I originally applied to that college though I got invited by Hertford :smile:
stiiiiiiill nothing for Brasenose Physics

Latest

Trending

Trending