The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hpkn
what course u applying for?

Engineering!
Reply 8341
Original post by Uhhh
I was emailed earlier on by Magdalen saying all medicine applicants will hear back on the 2nd of december - so wednesday is the day!

Any idea what time we'll find out? :smile:
Original post by danniegee
Hello :smile: Congratulations on your interview invitation!

So for my French interview, I was given a poem to analyse for 30mins beforehand (along with a dictionary), and this is what we talked about in the first part of the interview. I was asked what I thought was going on in the poem, and a discussion kind of just sprang up based on what I said. I also had to translate the first stanza, and I was then given a translation of the second stanza (which I had to talk about in French - I literally only said one or two sentences, though). After this, we moved onto my personal statement, although we didn't discuss any of my reading, interestingly, but more about the fact that I said that French was 'beautiful'. This led onto a mini discussion about Philosophy, which was very interesting!

I really enjoyed my French interview - it was definitely tailored to what I said! Sorry - have to go to French tute now :biggrin:

Thanks! I feel slightly more relaxed now having had a bit of an insight :smile:
rejected from Worcester for E&M!
Original post by Uhhh
I was emailed earlier on by Magdalen saying all medicine applicants will hear back on the 2nd of december - so wednesday is the day!

This will not stop me refreshing repeatedly tomorrow! (thanks for the info though :wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natashalaisan
Got my email for an interview for French and ab intio Russian at St John's this morning! Anyone else got one for either of those at John's? It'd be nice to know someone beforehand!

Not St John's, but just got an interview for French and ab initio Russian at Trinity! you're literally the first person I've seen for this course haha
Reply 8346
Original post by Skygliderjack
Engineering!

good luck man
Reply 8347
Original post by cyclops19
anyone heard about St Johns experimental psychology interviews?

I got one about an hour ago!! You'll probably hear soon :smile:
Original post by KKeyser1
Not St John's, but just got an interview for French and ab initio Russian at Trinity! you're literally the first person I've seen for this course haha

I've not seen anyone else for it either! Have you had your Russian interview time through?
Original post by hpkn
good luck man

Original post by anomalouse
Me>:frown:

I did ring them this morning and they said all successful applicants have been emailed and the rejections are on the post.
Original post by ZYCJASON
I did ring them this morning and they said all successful applicants have been emailed and the rejections are on the post.

For all subjects?
Original post by Princepieman
NOOOOO. That sucks! :frown:

I'm so doomed now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My MAT test was chronic! You've got every chance in the world...one less competition for a place:u: Good luck!
Any maths interviews yet?
Original post by whoskal
Any maths interviews yet?

Anyone else got an interview for History at Queen's?? :smile:
Original post by fl0ppyd1sk
My MAT test was chronic! You've got every chance in the world...one less competition for a place:u: Good luck!

That's the thing, mine went awful. I got completely curveballed with the questions, plus I didn't finish.

Cheers though! I'm sure you'll get (or maybe already have) offers from solid university choices! :smile:
Got invited for an interview at Pembroke for Psychology and Philosophy :smile:
Original post by anomalouse
For all subjects?

"Yes."
Original post by ZYCJASON
"Yes."

Is this for all colleges?
Original post by SaxyBeast98
I just rang St Hugh's and they said maths emails won't be sent out till Friday, with some possibly sent on Thursday :frown:

I just realize many people are applying to st hugh. Anyone applying for Maths and cs in St hugh's ?

Latest

Trending

Trending