The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8360
Original post by FelixJoelBrooke
I did an open application and got St.Hilda's Hbu?

I applied to St Johns :smile: Do you reckon biomed will be oversubscribed this year?
Reply 8361
Has anyone heard for Wadham history and English? X
Original post by fl0ppyd1sk
I applied to Somerville. Which colleges have people heard from?
Are you a ComSci applicant too?😊

CompSci and philosophy :smile: I applied to Univ
Original post by Lsdjrl
Just received a Wadham interview:smile:

Well done!!!!
On the keble site is says interview letters for physics have been posted, but I haven't heard about an interview or rejection yet but I applied for physics at Keble, does anyone know if Keble give out their invitations to interview by post solely, or if they email as well?
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by natashalaisan
I've not seen anyone else for it either! Have you had your Russian interview time through?

It's quite niche I suppose :wink: no, just times for when to get there - 4ish days! why so long haha!? Have you?
Original post by sr111
I applied to St Johns :smile: Do you reckon biomed will be oversubscribed this year?

Not particularly sure, i looked at statistics for last yearand it seemed to be in the lower band in terms of subscribers
Received an interview at St. Anne's college for Philosophy and Beginner's Modern Greek, so happy to know the stress of the wait was worth it! :biggrin:
Hey everyone! I'm pretty new around here, but I just got an interview from Jesus College for French and German! Has anyone else applied for MFL at Jesus? It would be really great to know someone before going, as it's all seeming a little too real and scary now! :smile:
Original post by KKeyser1
It's quite niche I suppose :wink: no, just times for when to get there - 4ish days! why so long haha!? Have you?

Now is not the time for 4 days out of VI form! I have, Wednesday morning at the Taylorian :smile:
Original post by maella
Well done!!!!

Congrats! What subject?
Original post by maella
Well done!!!!

Thank you! Well done to you too!😊
Original post by africalw
Congrats! What subject?

Thank you😊 Modern languages
Original post by mcan
Has anyone heard for Wadham history and English? X

Another History and English applicant (although I've applied to Pembroke)! It doesn't seem as if Wadham has sent out any history or history & joint schools invites/rejections yet, but I imagine you'll hear either way in the next 48 hours due to the whole 7 days before interview thing.

https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students/undergraduates/admissions/candidate-information
Reply 8374
Original post by IzzySaskia
Another History and English applicant (although I've applied to Pembroke)! It doesn't seem as if Wadham has sent out any history or history & joint schools invites/rejections yet, but I imagine you'll hear either way in the next 48 hours due to the whole 7 days before interview thing.

https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students/undergraduates/admissions/candidate-information

Thanks! Good luck with everything!!
Original post by FelixJoelBrooke
Not particularly sure, i looked at statistics for last yearand it seemed to be in the lower band in terms of subscribers

Could you please link that? I applied for BioMed at St.John's as well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can someone suggest how you'd go about answering something like: 'What did you not enjoy studying in A-Level _____?'

I have an interview to read Economics and Management and noticed that in 2012 an applicant had this exact question and I just think it would stump me. Like surely it wouldn't reflect well if you said you found ___ difficult or boring??
Has anyone heard anything for engineering? Especially at St Catz
Original post by Ecconomist
Can someone suggest how you'd go about answering something like: 'What did you not enjoy studying in A-Level _____?'

I have an interview to read Economics and Management and noticed that in 2012 an applicant had this exact question and I just think it would stump me. Like surely it wouldn't reflect well if you said you found ___ difficult or boring??

I would just phrase an answer as I didn't like X as much as I liked Y. Not that you hated it or anything, you just didn't love it as much.

Surely they are not expecting you be equally fascinated with every aspect of economics anyway.
anyone else got an interview for Classics I?

Latest

Trending

Trending