The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Has anyone heard anything from physics at Merton?
Original post by Ankhlor
Hi! Has anyone heard anything from physics at Merton?

Nope. Maybe tomorrow?
Original post by ememoville
Has anyone heard anything for engineering? Especially at St Catz

I am also waiting. Applied for Electrical Engg at LMH.
How about you ? Which branch did you apply?
Original post by alegonperez
Nope. Maybe tomorrow?

I hope so. Everyone else is hearing back from their colleges, and it would be so bad to have prepared for the interview and then get told at the last minute that you won't be getting one!
Original post by kind3110
I am also waiting. Applied for Electrical Engg at LMH.
How about you ? Which branch did you apply?

I applied for general but basically mechanical - still haven't heard anything, don't think anyone has heard much for engineering yet?
Original post by Skygliderjack
I haven't got any response from Worcester either :frown:

you should find out atleast a week before the interview dates
I'm required to be in Oxford from Wednesday 9th - Friday 11th next week, but because I have to be there early on Wednesday I put on my feedback form that I'll be arriving on Tuesday and my college has said they will provide accommodation. But I'm not really sure what to do - do I just turn up at the college on Tuesday or will they send more info?
Nice little rejection from Keble.. Good luck everyone, I can't express my envy enough
Original post by KKeyser1
Not St John's, but just got an interview for French and ab initio Russian at Trinity! you're literally the first person I've seen for this course haha

St. John's French and ab initio Portuguese!
Original post by se123888
Nice little rejection from Keble.. Good luck everyone, I can't express my envy enough

Very sorry :frown: I'm sure you will be very happy with your final choice though :h:
Original post by thehollowcrown
I'm required to be in Oxford from Wednesday 9th - Friday 11th next week, but because I have to be there early on Wednesday I put on my feedback form that I'll be arriving on Tuesday and my college has said they will provide accommodation. But I'm not really sure what to do - do I just turn up at the college on Tuesday or will they send more info?

They didn't send any more info? Reply to them and ask if there's a specific time you should arrive.

Original post by Ecconomist
Can someone suggest how you'd go about answering something like: 'What did you not enjoy studying in A-Level _____?'I have an interview to read Economics and Management and noticed that in 2012 an applicant had this exact question and I just think it would stump me. Like surely it wouldn't reflect well if you said you found ___ difficult or boring??
I'd just give an honest answer but please don't get hung up on this question, it does not sound like a typical interview question and they're probably not going to ask you that. They're going to be much more interested in the academic part of the interview, even in the unlikely event that they asked you this I really don't think they'd care so much about your response unless it was something ridiculous.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jingram123
On the keble site is says interview letters for physics have been posted, but I haven't heard about an interview or rejection yet but I applied for physics at Keble, does anyone know if Keble give out their invitations to interview by post solely, or if they email as well?
Thanks

They only sent the letters out today so it might be tomorrow or Wednesday you receive it. I'm waiting to hear from them for maths!
Original post by athina.k
rejected from Worcester for E&M!

depress (guess who) <3
Anyone going to be at Mansfield between 7th-9th December? Really excited / terrified aha!
Original post by Uke_Kate
They only sent the letters out today so it might be tomorrow or Wednesday you receive it. I'm waiting to hear from them for maths!

It does say on the acknowledgement email I received in October that I would be contacted by email regarding an interview, is this not always true?
Thanks
Anyone got interview invitation from St Hugh's E&M? I haven't seen anybody discuss about it yet.

Is that mean no one applying the same cause and collage with me?
Original post by Jingram123
It does say on the acknowledgement email I received in October that I would be contacted by email regarding an interview, is this not always true?
Thanks

Are you an international applicant? If not it seems everyone to be getting letters, it is just the way Keble are doing it
My Uber smart friend just got an interview at Worcester for Maths. So tense for Phys!
I know I will get information back about my application but does anyone advise/ not advise emailing the college and/or institute I have been rejected from to ask for a reconsider of application?
Is it just me or are there an awful lot of St Hugh's applicants this year? Honestly didn't think I'd see as many as I have in this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending