The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computer Science 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

So what are those who have an interview this week doing to prepare? I'm probably going to go through my ps and solve problems.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by thecsstudent
So what are those who have an interview this week doing to prepare? I'm probably going to go through my ps and solve problems.

Yep im doing the same, might look over my AS notes too
BEng Computing

AAAA at AS
4A* prediction at A2 (Maths, Computing, Further Maths and Physics)

Heard absolutely nothing from Imperial at all - sent it off on the 14th October.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by bartbarrow
BEng Computing

AAAA at AS
4A* prediction at A2 (Maths, Computing, Further Maths and Physics)

Heard absolutely nothing from Imperial at all - sent it off on the 14th October.

Similar situation here, a lot of people who've had interviews seem to have signed up for MEng so maybe it's something to do with that??
Original post by cs64
Similar situation here, a lot of people who've had interviews seem to have signed up for MEng so maybe it's something to do with that??

I've had an interview and applied for BEng, though the interview did try to push me towards MEng.
Reply 85
Original post by lionbiscuit
I've had an interview and applied for BEng, though the interview did try to push me towards MEng.

When did you apply / how strong was the application?
Original post by cs64
When did you apply / how strong was the application?

My application was sent off around 9th October I think. My predictions are 3 A*s and a D1 in the Pre-U subject I'm taking.
International Applicant from India here!
Applied for M. Eng in Computing (International Programme of Study)
Subjects: English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science
Grade 10 (India AISSE, GCSE equivalent): 10 CGPA
Grade 12 Predicted (India AISSCE, A level equivalent): 93+ in all

They requested for a predicted grades transcript, and I got the final acknowledgment on 30th October (Although I sent in my app on 12th).

Have they sent any internationals any offers/interview invites?
Original post by prachi98

They requested for a predicted grades transcript, and I got the final acknowledgment on 30th October (Although I sent in my app on 12th).

International student here too! Nothing since 23rd October. Guess they haven't touched international students yet.
Reply 89
Original post by prachi98

I am an international applicant studying in an Indian school in Qatar.
Applied for MEng in Computing
I sent my application on Oct 11th and got an acknowledgement on Oct 30th and an email about the President's Undergraduate Scholarship 2 weeks later.
Nothing since then.
On their website it says that they take a minimum of 8 weeks to make a decision
on an application ( Its been 5 weeks since I sent the application) but this may vary.

Pretty sure they haven't looked the international applicants yet. Probably gonna wait until March end to hear from them
Original post by Mr.Troll
International student here too! Nothing since 23rd October. Guess they haven't touched international students yet.

Yeah probably! They're taking their time!
Original post by r1fad
I am an international applicant studying in an Indian school in Qatar.
Applied for MEng in Computing
I sent my application on Oct 11th and got an acknowledgement on Oct 30th and an email about the President's Undergraduate Scholarship 2 weeks later.
Nothing since then.
On their website it says that they take a minimum of 8 weeks to make a decision
on an application ( Its been 5 weeks since I sent the application) but this may vary.

Pretty sure they haven't looked the international applicants yet. Probably gonna wait until March end to hear from them

Even I got that email! And yeah. Although they're pretty fast with the nationals. But it makes sense to give out domestic offers first...
There were some people doing IB at my interview day so it would seem they have interviewed some internationals, unless i'm missing something here
Reply 93
Original post by Rabadon
There were some people doing IB at my interview day so it would seem they have interviewed some internationals, unless i'm missing something here

Some UK schools offer IB (like mine) but I also think some international students have been interviewed; someone at my interview day said they'd never been to the UK before.

Incidentally, anyone know when they start giving out offers or rejections after the interviews? Some people have been saying its <2 weeks for any people they can immediately either reject or give offers to, and people who don't get responses as soon are closer to being borderline, meaning they will be compared with the next group of interviewees. Not too sure if that's true though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ||||
Some UK schools offer IB (like mine) but I also think some international students have been interviewed; someone at my interview day said they'd never been to the UK before.

Incidentally, anyone know when they start giving out offers or rejections after the interviews? Some people have been saying its <2 weeks for any people they can immediately either reject or give offers to, and people who don't get responses as soon are closer to being borderline, meaning they will be compared with the next group of interviewees. Not too sure if that's true though.

ooh interesting I was going to suggest that but I thought meh it's called international b for a reason. Also, took 16 days for an offer after my interview :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Rabadon
ooh interesting I was going to suggest that but I thought meh it's called international b for a reason. Also, took 16 days for an offer after my interview :smile:

I'm just assuming it has international in its name because it was probably created with the intention of establishing an international standard in education or something like that..probably..

And oh nice, gratz :biggrin:. I guess I'll go back to stabbing the refresh button on my email in 10 days or so then.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm an IB Student with HL (Maths, Econ, Geo) 777 and SL (Physics, English A lang lit, French 1 lang lit) 756 predicted and having applied for a MEng computing course in mid-october, I am still pending for an interview/offer. Anyone else in a similar situation? Thank you :smile:
Original post by computing_tech
I'm an IB Student with HL (Maths, Econ, Geo) 777 and SL (Physics, English A lang lit, French 1 lang lit) 756 predicted and having applied for a MEng computing course in mid-october, I am still pending for an interview/offer. Anyone else in a similar situation? Thank you :smile:

Not me but I have a friend who was predicted a 43 with 777 (HL) and 766 (SL) who applied in mid october has heard nothing yet so don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecsstudent
Not me but I have a friend who was predicted a 43 with 777 (HL) and 766 (SL) who applied in mid october has heard nothing yet so don't worry

Alright, thanks for letting me know!
Just got an invite to interview on the 20th Jan (finally :P) anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending