The Student Room Group

controlled assessment help please

I'm doing the question:

Compare and contrast the ways in which Jane Weir and Robert Browning present love in 'Poppies' and 'My last Duchess'?

I have no idea what to write. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by HELPME!!!!!!!
I'm doing the question:

Compare and contrast the ways in which Jane Weir and Robert Browning present love in 'Poppies' and 'My last Duchess'?

I have no idea what to write. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

We did Poppies as part of the AQA GCSE anthology... memories :s-smilie:

Here's some random ideas I remember....

Yeah so you could talk about the love she has for her son, and the way she uses the birdcage or whatever it is to symbolise her love and affection being set free. Also that line at the end about "playground voices" or whatever, shows her love and memories about her son (i.e she's remembering happier times when he was a child)

When comparing poems at GCSE, you generally get better marks if you make comparisons throughout, rather than separate paragraphs on each poem. So, you could have a paragraph comparing use of language in both poems, another comparing use of structure etc. etc.

Hope this helps:tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Benjamino78
We did Poppies as part of the AQA GCSE anthology... memories :s-smilie:

Here's some random ideas I remember....

Yeah so you could talk about the love she has for her son, and the way she uses the birdcage or whatever it is to symbolise her love and affection being set free. Also that line at the end about "playground voices" or whatever, shows her love and memories about her son (i.e she's remembering happier times when he was a child)

When comparing poems at GCSE, you generally get better marks if you make comparisons throughout, rather than separate paragraphs on each poem. So, you could have a paragraph comparing use of language in both poems, another comparing use of structure etc. etc.

Hope this helps:tongue:

this helps a lot thanks

Quick Reply

Latest